“Hidden Relaxation”
Review of Coconut Palm Inn

Coconut Palm Inn
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Key Largo
Reviewed 14 August 2012

My boyfriend and I were referred to the Coconut Palm Inn after we stopped at another Inn that was full and we were pleasantly surprised. The cottage was clean and private. They had private hammocks and docks, large screened patios overlooking the bay. It was very relaxing and the bed/comfortable was so comfortable. I had one of the best night's sleep. They also had paddle boards and kayaks to use at no additional charge. The woman at the front desk was incredibly friendly! If you are looking for quite and romantic, you should check it out.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 August 2012

We stayed for two nights at teh Coconut Palm Inn. A choice I made on the basis of Tripadvisor. It was, and still is the number one in Key Largo.
Somewhat difficult to find, as there is another Harborview Drive in Key Largo, the Coconut is situated in Tavernier.
Though we arrived early, our rooms were already available (perfect),, and Kathy showed us around the premises telling us about the manatees in the bay, the difference between Bay side and Ocean side, the free kayaks, our connecting rooms, where to find some shadow, and to beware of the bugs. It IS a tropical island after all.
The rooms were spacious, and everyhting was present, they were perfectly clean, and if we were invaded by ants, we had to tell right away, and make sure that all food was kept in the fridge or outdoors.
She also pointed out a few restaurants, we tried a few of them. Good choices.
When we wanted to go snorkeling she made the reservations. In short the perfect host.
The Coconut gets my vote in Key Largo.
Oh yes, the Bay is a very special bay, there were a couple of dolphins, besides a dozen manatees, and tzhe location is excellent to go snorkeling, scuba diving, kayaking.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

My cousin had her wedding here so we stayed for the weekend. It was great. The hotel is relatively small, it has like 20 rooms, Each room has a big screened-in terrace that leads you out to the pool and the bay. The serive was great and the rooms were clean. Its a nice place to go and escape from the real world for a few days. I would highly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I´m not sure what to write really. I could either be selfish and lie and keep this place a secret for those of us who found the way to our home away from home.
Or better than home. I can´t lie.

We love this place. Period.

The setting is beautiful and that was what drew my attention when booking.
But then, when we got there; the great and charming staff, the cleanliness and everything else was just great. Maybe great is weak, Fabulous as we see it.

If you look for a southern, laidback, countrystyle place, this is it.

The breakfast isn´t fresh waffles and scrambled eggs or so, just the necessities you need:
A blueberry muffin and a glass of oj and coffe/tea and some other stuff.
But you do not indulge on breakfast here. You indulge on having what is available outdoors in an awesome setting.
Trust me, you lose appetite and just enjoy the surroundings.

We went here for a two day (or was it three?) day stop on our way to Key West.
When we got to KW, we cancelled our hotel and stayed for just three nights and returned to Coconut Palm Inn.

And stayed long enough to lose memory of which day or date it was. The staff wasn´t really helping out when asking either and I don´t blame them. I couldn´t have cared less really.

We stayed in no.14 upstairs in the main building with our own balcony towards the bay.
Perfect.

We are not so much into 5 star hotels or city life, so for us this was perfect.
If you enjoy living a bit on the country side amongst friendly people with a nice pool and the possibility to make your own BBQ then this is the place. Not to mention if you like fishing and go out on a paddle board or kayaking in the bay.

We have travelled the world and spent nights in 5 star hotels in numerous places but there´s no place that can beat Coconut Palm Inn.

Unless you are into getting suberb breakfast, being pampered in a posh overpriced hotel and have a certain preference for that sort of hotel stay, look elsewhere.

If you look for a fantastic place in a beatiful setting that is clean, nice, family style on the bayside in the Keys, this is it.

I have nothing whatsoever negative to say about this place, whatsoever.
Well, if you stay in number 14, I might mention the closet. When I opened the doors to hang a few things, I giggled. I immediately named it our "walk in closet". It is small. Maybe a small cat can walk into that closet but, when at this place, who cares about a tiny closet?

Reviewed 19 July 2012

Second time at the Coconut Palm. The first was for our wedding. We went back this past weekend to celebrate my son's first birthday. We were joined by family and friends. You just can't beat the location. We booked a 2 bedroom with a full kitchen and only left the property once or twice. Perfect place for family get togethers, friends get togethers, or just a relaxing getaway. Went kayaking early in the mornings, and basically did nothing much but enjoy the family the rest of the time. Kathy and Zee are super helpful and accommodating. I will definitely be back!

1  Thank WPBAda
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I got married here in November of 2011. We rented out all the hotel rooms so that only friends and family were staying there from Friday to Sunday of my wedding weekend. We had the ceremony and reception outside on Friday night and a lechon (pig roast) on Saturday. It was awesome!!!

The staff was super helpful and accommodating, the rooms were Florida style and had recently been re-done, and overall it was a great weekend. So many of my friends and family told me that it was the best beach wedding they'd ever been to!

You could even go here just for a night or a weekend. Its centrally located between Key Largo and Islamorada, but its tucked far enough in on the bay side that its not touristy. I give this place 10 stars :)

Room Tip: all the rooms are different. they have different beds and different layouts. i stayed in the honey...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2012

My three 20ish year old kids and I were looking for a place to stay while diving the Keys. We stumbled across the Coconut Palm Inn based on a recommendation of another hotel which was sold out. What a find! I am guessing the resort was built in the 50s and thus is not comparable to a new Marriot or Hilton. However, if you are looking to experience the keys the way the keys were in the past this place will exceed your expectations. We found the view to be fantastic, the rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, and the staff was exceptional.

Every morning started with my daughter and I enjoying a coffee overlooking the water sitting in Adirondack’s enjoying coffee and muffins with stress near zero. After a day of diving we usually ended up at the pool where we found the other guests to be very friendly, open and relaxing. We found most guests had stayed at the Inn many times in the past which is always a good sign. Evenings typically ended with other guests breaking out their guitars and singing by the pool or deck. Truly a great experience. Even the kids enjoyed and got along with each other and want to come back. We will be back in the near future.