I’ve been visiting the Florida Keys since 1960. Many things have changed since then, but I still love the Keys.
Not long ago my husband and I stayed at the Coconut Palm Inn on Tavernier. I highly recommend the Coconut Palm for the real flavor of the Florida Keys. Even though it’s only about an hour south of Miami and two blocks off U.S.1, it feels like you’ve traveled back in time to Old Florida.
Maybe twenty-something rooms, no buildings more than two floors, all the rooms facing the bay. Our room had a charming patio, others had a porch. There’s a pool or you can swim in the bay.
We saw fellows netting shrimp from the shore adjacent to the property. A two minute walk away, there’s a Cuban coffee shop: order a caffecito and a pastry stuffed with guava.
Lawn chairs under the palms. Hammocks strung between palm trees. Our room was clean and comfortable and although we didn’t spend much time in our room, the siestas under the ceiling fan, with the breeze off the bay, were heavenly.
I don’t want to mislead anyone. This is not the Palm Beach Ritz Carlton, not the Fountainbleau on Miami Beach, not a super-luxurious hotel. But if you want a Florida experience, close to swimming, fishing, diving, I think you will enjoy your stay at the Coconut Palm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Intimate beachfront hideaway with only 20 rooms and suites, 450' of sandy sunning beach, dockage, kayaks, boat ramp, pool and alfresco continental breakfast. Rated top 40 Secret Beach Hideaways by Travel + Leisure 2010. Hope to see you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Coconut Palm Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Palm Hotel Key Largo
- Coconut Palm Inn Key Largo, Florida