“the unexpected”
Review of Coconut Palm Inn

Coconut Palm Inn
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Key Largo
Reviewed 24 January 2010

We were near the end of a long day of driving. Hungry and tired... saw a small sign for the Coconut Palms Inn. Missed the turn and drove through a small neighborhood of oil tanks and a fire station and scattered single family houses. Ended up at a dead end next to the office. Hadn't seen anything of the place and knew nothing. The clerk was most friendly, relaxed, witty and wonderful... not to mention, stunning. She ( as it turns out) epitomized the Inn. We were profoundly impressed with the simplistic beauty of the bay, the elegant and welcoming landscape and the cozy, eclectic room. The moment we got our bags settled we were relaxed and at peace. We decided almost immediately to stay another night. We spent the days simply absorbing the tranquility and the charm. With a sense of regret we drove south to our reserved place on Big Pine Key. Immediately, we knew we made a mistake. We longed to return to the Coconut Palm. We did promptly the next morning. Back in paradise. Our same wonderful room... the amazingly super sized bed, the sweet help, the happy neighbors, the serenity. No hype. no tacky big box packaging, no muss, no fuss... just sheer delight. I don't know that either of us ever enjoyed a stay any where as much. We were sad to drive off the next morning. We were glad we stumbled upon the Inn and would gladly return - and never leave... thanks for being there for us.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,352)

Reviewed 21 January 2010

This was a perfect place for the wedding of my dreams. I planned everything online from the west coast. The Inn was all I had imagined for a wedding on the beach at sunset. The set up was great for kids to have fun too. Very casual but nice place. The staff was very helpful and gave great advice for finding the venders for the event and making you feel at home. All of the guests said it was the best wedding they had attended. The Inn can be as casual as a corona comercial or as elegant as you want. The rooms are not fancy but it is a great place to get away from the busy business life you may lead. I will be going back for vacation.

Reviewed 16 January 2010

I booked the hotel from hotwire for staying in the keys for an extra night and avoiding the high prices in key west. I didn't expect a good one with $69 but it turned out to be an superior experience. My room is on the 2nd floor with a big deck, from which I can watch the beautiful sea and beach, coconut trees, hammocks, swimming pool and dock. It's so nice and makes me and my parents totally relaxed. The room is clean and well decorated with a mix of tropical and eastern flavor. We got WiFi coverage even on the beach, which is very convenient! To make things better, the inn even provides canoes for free rental. I did my first kayaking there under instruction of another guest, Mrs Green, who is a very kind priest, in the sunny calm bay and it's amazing!
I recommend this hotel to all persons who plan to spend their nights in the keys. It's really an experience to stay there.

Reviewed 16 January 2010

For a quiet few days, quiet yet convenient to many resources even with the cold weather.
Great service, adequate beach (weather permitting), clean, personable service, good value, long tradition. We hope to return in better weather.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2010

We were met with the warm hospitality of Katherine and her friend Cinnamon at the front desk. We felt at home from the time we arrived until we departed. Our suite was perfect; very comfortable and very clean. It was the coldest days the area had seen and thanks to Katherine I spent most of Saturday sipping fresh coffee! We loved the resort and plan on going back when we can enjoy the outdoors. I think, IF the staff at Coconut Palm could have controlled the weather they would have ordered bright skies and warmer weather since it was one thing out of their control; we were given lots of support, warm smiles and tender hugs!(which worked well for us!) Good Job Katherine and staff!

1  Thank NanaMHilliard_FL
Reviewed 13 January 2010

My daughter decided on a destination wedding and found the perfect location. It was the Coconut Palm Inn, MM 92, in the Florida Keys. We had 50 out-of-town guests all converging for this special occasion. We flew into several airports (Ft. Lauderdale, Miami and West Palm Beach). The drive from any of the airports is both scenic and easy. The Coconut Palm Inn was an opportunity for a very private celebration (if requested) as they offered the entire inn (approximately 20 rooms) to wedding guests only. The Inn offered everything we needed: a variety of rooms from 1 King-size bed, 2 queen beds, to several different style suites accomodating 3 to 7 people. Each room has a view of the water. Add this to a great pool area, plenty of parking, the use of kayaks and pedal boats, and lots of hammocks and you have one relaxing vacation. The caterers for the wedding were able to setup a ceremony area between palm trees and overlooking the water. A tent was set up for the dinner on the the beach after which we walked just beyond the pool for dancing and a reception, again on the beautiful beach. All in all the stay could not have been more perfect. The office staff is very helpful and always available, the maintenance crew keeps the grounds raked and spotless, and the maid service was the best. Will definitely visit again !

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
5  Thank WIsnowbird_10
Reviewed 10 January 2010

This is a great place to kick back and relax. Very clean and comfortable and the staff there is very attentive if you need anything. Even though the office is officially open only 9am-6pm that was not a problem for us. Some units have kitchenette facilities, Ours had a wonderful screened porch and do be sure to call the Inn directly for best rates.

The beach area is lovely; it is a sunning beach on the bay, no access for swimming (other than the pool) but that was ok. There are several hammocks to laze in, and the pool area was so nice to sun in when the weather cooperated. Continental breakfast served every day 8am-10am, juice, coffee, cereal, oatmeal, and delicious scones!!

The best thing here for me was that it was just so relaxing, and I don't even have a lot of stress in my life, The views here are gorgeous from any angle. Don't be surprised if you get so relaxed here that you just want to nap in the sun or in the comfortable room you will have.

The only thing I didn't like was location, because out of 3 restaurants we went to in the Upper Keys, all had rude service. That is not the fault of Coconut Palms Inn though, as they had recommended certain restaurants that we in our ignorance did not go to, and we should have, I think!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends