Based on the Tripadvisor ratings, we had high expectations coming here, and we were certainly disappointed. Our room was clean and the decor was fine, but the heater (which we needed to use overnight) was loud and so was the fridge. The bed groaned horribly every time we sat or turned heavily on it. The screened porch was nice in theory, but was basically a big empty room with a couple of chairs in it. The continental breakfast consisted of individual-sized cereals and biscuits and muffins that seemed to have come straight from the Winn-Dixie down the road.
The best thing by far about this hotel is its beachfront - for a small place, it has a pretty sizeable beachfront facing the sunset with plenty of lounge chairs and hammocks to relax. Also, it is quiet. Other than that, there isn't much to say for it. Glancing at the hotels we passed along Route 1 while we were in the Keys, this is perhaps a better hotel than the average Keys place, but it is not in the same class as a five-star or even four-star hotel in any other city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Intimate beachfront hideaway with only 20 rooms and suites, 450' of sandy sunning beach, dockage, kayaks, boat ramp, pool and alfresco continental breakfast. Rated top 40 Secret Beach Hideaways by Travel + Leisure 2010. Hope to see you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Coconut Palm Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Palm Hotel Key Largo
- Coconut Palm Inn Key Largo, Florida