My husband and I recently stayed at the Coconut Palm Inn for a summer weekend with our college-age daughter and her boyfriend. They did not have a 2 bedroom suite available but were very accomodating about giving us the next best thing, a 1 b.r. king suite with a great deck overlooking the bay, and a second room down the hall. It worked out for us very well. The Inn is very cute, perfectly situated on a quiet stretch of the bay with two docks and a nice pool. The grounds are raked pebble/sand with hammocks and chairs spread comfortably around. There are a few grills on the grounds, also, and a tiki hut where they serve continental breakfast each morning, included in the price. There is no restaurant, but there are many nearby. The furnishings, honestly, are a bit dated, but they are functional. A change of bedspreads would help a lot! The bathrooms were updated, however, and spotlessly clean. Our king bed was a lot less comfortable than our daughter's queen, and while we had a nice flat screen t.v. in our bedroom, hers was an old style. Clearly upgrading here and there, not all at once. But it is a comfortable, cute, and laid-back place for those who are after an old-style Keys vacation, not the resort style of Cheeca or Hawks Cay. I kind of thought the rates were a little high for August in Florida, but they discounted them a bit to bring them closer to what the 2 b.r. suite would have cost us. We will definitely return and I would not hesitate to recommend to friends. Very convenient to boat & jetski rentals, snorkel excursions, fishing trips, swimming with dolphins, you name it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Intimate beachfront hideaway with only 20 rooms and suites, 450' of sandy sunning beach, dockage, kayaks, boat ramp, pool and alfresco continental breakfast. Rated top 40 Secret Beach Hideaways by Travel + Leisure 2010. Hope to see you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Coconut Palm Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Palm Hotel Key Largo
- Coconut Palm Inn Key Largo, Florida