“Beautiful Resort...great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ocean Reef Club

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Key Largo
Ocean Reef Club
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Key Largo
Ventura, ca
“Beautiful Resort...great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2009

My husband and I went to Ocean Reef club for 5 days! The rooms were absolutely amazing, the king size bed was so comfortable, huge bathroom, refrigerator with water, soda beer, and hard alchol and juice. The maids cleaned the room everyday, and turned down the beds at night!( NIce touch) There are alot of rich owners walking around, or driving golf carts ( I highly reccommend) The grocery store was nice, great shopping, you feel like your in your own private little community. We snorkled and rented kayaks froim the resort, so fun to kayak through the mangroves and through the yaght yards!!! The food was so good too, especially at the Burgee Bar!!! We loveed the high class of it all ( you have to wear collared shirts and no jeans, it made it feel so nice and not trashy!) Any questions, feel free to contact me!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kventura

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Roswell, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2009

At first the dress code policy for dining and overabundance of gold carts cruising around the property was a big turnoff to me. After buzzing around (in our own golf cart) for a day and discovering Bucaneer Island - we couldn't have booked a more family friendly vacation. We are actually in a rental condo and the two bedroom layout is perfect for us and our small children. Absolutely loving our time here!

Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank rljanisse
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2009

Stunning Resort! Friendly staff, delicious food, great fishing, gorgeous setting, everything you could ask for!

Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KristenG7
South Florida, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2009

Ocean Reef Club is a different kind of resort. The first thing you have to realize is that the entire facility and the hotel you will be staying at is owned by the 4000+ members who own homes, yachts, and condos at the secluded location about twenty miles North of Key Largo, Florida. You are staying in “their” club and you better not forget it!
You are helping them pay the mortgage and they are in return telling you what to wear, where to walk, and how to act!
If you can get past that, then the second most important feature of the Club is that it is in a magnificent location with an outstanding pool and white sandy beach and activities lagoon. The food was good but not great. I would suggest you ask for one of the newly renovated rooms.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Trekker99
Coral Gables, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2009

My wife had a conference at Ocean Reef and we went as a family of four with our two children, 6 and 10 years old. We arrived Friday afternoon and my wife requested a room close to the pool. The desk clerk asked if we were willing to wait a couple of hours for our room she would "upgrade" us to an ocean view room in a renovated building (Marlin Bldg.) She called us after an hour and the room was worth waiting for. One of the most beautiful standard rooms I have ever stayed in. Separate soaking tub and glass shower. Separate toilet closet. Flat screen TV and phone in bath. Two queen sized beds in the room w/ another large flat screen TV mounted on the wall. There was also a balcony overlooking the ocean. The room was very nice but..............

There is no beach here. In fact there are very few beaches in the keys. This resort seems to cater to golfers and those who bring there boats to the marina. The pool area was overcrowded. There is a manmade lagoon but it does not appear to flush enough with the tides so it appears filled w/ muck and dirty. The resort offers paddle boats, kayaks etc. for use in the lagoon and there is also a swimming platform to swim out to. I let the kids swim out to see it on our first day but after walking on the very rocky bottom and seeing the debri floating in the lagoon they didn't go near it again. The atmosphere around the pool was a bit snooty with alot of spanish spoken. I did not find it particularly appealing.

We ate three meals at the resort. Room service was reasonably prices, prompt and tast.y. We ate one banquet meal which was excellent, if a bit pricey ($85/person). We ate the buffet breakfast on Sunday ($25/adult $12.50/kids) It was very good but again somewhat pricey.

We were rained out most of Saturday and spent alot of time in the room. We took the kids over to a gameroom and they were able to play WII games for a while at $10 per half hour. Even at that price we were glad the gameroom was there.

We got a special deal and only paid $105 per night. I gather the regular prices are multiples of our rate. I did not perceive the value of this resort. Unless you plan to boat and golf I'd recomend you go somewhere else. I might go to Sanibel, FL instead.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank wernolabound
Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2009

The place is top notch. I spent a week with the family and could not have had a better stay. The rooms have been redecorated and the INN had daily activities for my kids. There was even a summer camp option available if you want. Everything you could need is within the club. A marina, golf, tennis, dive shop, boat rental, cart rental shopping.

The only drawback is that the resort is under utilized since only members can invite guests.

It is a gem. I hope to be invited again soon since memberships are fairly expensive.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
McKInney, Tx
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2009

My wife and I just got back yesterday.. We loved the resort. Awesome Golf Courses, Tennis courts, beach and pools and the view were all awesome!
There mainly 3 kinds of people at this resort. 1.) Those who are extremely wealthy who live there many are very nice people a few gave us dirty looks when we walked into the Gallee Bar and Grill. 2.) Those who own a home there but are only there for 6 months a year or during holidays. 3.) Guest/Those who are staying in a hotel there.

We stayed as a guest of a resident in their condo. But every non-member has to go register with the front desk and get a guest card. This is attached to your Credit Card to make purchases while you are there. They do verify funds and run the CC for $900.. They did this with out telling me.. So it cought me off guard.. I had plenty of money in my account, but just would rather be told about this upfront..
Also don't bother wearing a hat inside to eat. You will get asked to take it off. They expect you to wear a collered shirt and no hat..
I could do with out the the "uppity-ness"/ Pretentiousness of the place.. Other then that.. I had a great time!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family