“Awesome staff”

Keys Diver Snorkel & Scuba
More attraction details
Owner description: Keys Diver offers 3 Snorkel tours and 2 SCUBA trips, daily, to the reefs and wrecks of Pennekamp Park and the National Marine Sanctuary in Key Largo, Florida. We are a PADI Dive Center and provide snorkel and SCUBA instruction.
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

I am a DM in MD and work part-time with a local dive shop. On recommendation from one of our instructors, I booked 12 dives over 4 days w/ my BIL. After booking the trip with the owner, Lynn, I felt really good about them. She took time to explain everything to me and was excited about the trip. 2 days before we arrived, she called me and told me about the weather and the strong possibility of very rough seas. The front did not move as fast and we were greeted with very high winds and surf. Unfortunately they were not going out and were able to book us with another store that was the only one going out. Lynn called us every day to give us status but they were unable to go out. She still got us out with the other store and had some fun diving. For the days we were unable to go out, she kindly refunded our money since we paid for the pkg in advance. Lynn and Rob (husband) are outstanding and will definitely make another trip just to dive with them. You guys are the best and love your dogs too. Only recommendation is to remove Bayside Inn from your list of places to stay. They are dirty, old and take a look at their reviews before booking

All reviews
in 16 reviews
"wet suits"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

On a day with better weather, this would be a must see. Awesome staff, and the makings of an awesome trip. Waves, jelly fish and cloudy water today made it a little less than ideal, but I would definitely go out with them again on a day with better weather!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

When we went to the store to sign up we were greeted by the most energetic person we met the entire vacation. We signed up for the 4 hr. snorkel trip and were told right away that we would not be seeing the Jesus statue. We went to the boat and were unenthusiastically greeted by the Captain. Before shoving off we were explained the rules of the boat and snorkeling in the Keys (don't touch anything). Once under way Dive-master Tim taught us all we needed to know about snorkeling. The trip out took about an hour. Once on location both Captain Keven and Tim were very helpful and encouraging. The water was a little rough but it was neat seeing all the fish and the coral. We stopped at 2 spots to snorkel and that was plenty for me. My wife was pretty anxious at first by the crew was able to give her the confidence to go back in the water and she had a good time. After the one hour ride back in we tipped the Dive-master Tim $10.00 and that ended our snorkel adventure.

1  Thank edbishop55
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Let's start out from the beginning. I was a newly certified diver who had never taken a dive in the ocean before, only in quarries. My parents came with me, but they decided to snorkel instead because they were not certified. Our crew was Captain Dave and Diver Allison. They were amazing, fun and made me feel safe on the boat. We went to Molasses Reef.
I was scared out my wits for barracuda, sharks, dolphins and anything that was potentially dangerous. They made me feel safe and okay about diving in the ocean for the first time.

Molasses Reef was beautiful. The day we went was perfect, and it was only Allison and I scuba diving. The visibility was 80 feet, there were barely waves and the water temperature and air temperature were 83 degrees. I saw so many things such as a school of barracuda, a nurse shark, the 400 pound Goliath Grouper named Mo, parrotfish playing with each other, and one little fish followed me the whole entire first dive!

The only problem I had was that there were a bunch of jellyfish on our way to get back on the boat. It obviously is not Key Divers fault, but Allison put herself in front of me and moved the jellyfish out of the way for me so I would not get stung.

In all, Key Divers is where I am going next!