“Great little place for lunch on the patio!”

The Key Largo Conch House Restaurant & Coffee Bar
Ranked #16 of 141 Restaurants in Key Largo
Price range: US$10 - US$45
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Monday-Friday, 8 am-10 pm, Sat.-Sun. 8 am-10 pm Credit cards accepted Pet Friendly (leashed, friendly pets allowed) Kids Menu beer, wine, and espresso Homemade Desserts Fresh local seafood
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Had a great lunch here the other day with my husband after kayaking (since it was too windy to go snorkeling out on a boat). I had their "famous" conch fritters and I think they were the best that I have every had! I love that touch of curry and they were not greasy. I also had the conch chowder/soup and it was very good, as well. My husband had a cup of the lobster bisque (very good) and the conch salad - which we both liked. We sat out on the porch, which was nice, and our server was friendly and professional. I would go back when in the area again.

1  Thank GoddessofArt
Write a ReviewReviews (1,594)

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We were absolutely 100% pleased from the moment we arrived until the moment we left. The local beer with the coconut undertone, the conch fritters, the fish and shrimp tacos and the blueberry cobbler a la mode dessert made for a perfect meal. Every staff member had a smile and was educated on the menu.
Well done, we will be back!

1  Thank Kim S
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband and I stopped here on our way home after spending several days in the Keys. We had actually stopped by in the morning for brunch but it was quite a wait for a table and we had snorkeling reservations. So later that day we stopped by for an early dinner. We were seated right away and the waitress was very nice and let us order off the dinner menu since we didn't see anything we liked on the lunch menu. The dinner menu had a nice mix of fresh local seafood and other entrees. I selected the red snapper with a coconut macadamia crust and an orange glaze. It was absolutely terrific. The presentation was beautiful and the fish was cooked very well. It was just a touch underseasoned but that was the only complaint. Also, they have fresh herbal tea blends served in a french press. I'm a tea lover and though this was a very interesting presentation and it was absolutely delicious. Everything we tried was delicious and we felt it was a good value based on the quality. Would definitely stop by again next time we are in the Keys.

3  Thank Kayla W
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My nephew collects restaurants featured on the Food Network. One particular place on our route home, The Conch House, is home to the conch fritter challenge. Adam Richmon of Man vs. Food had visited there; so my nephew wanted to stop. As for as atmosphere, the Conch House is like a miniature oasis off of Highway 1. It is in an old house with beautiful outdoor seating (that's where our family of 8 was placed). Even though it was hot outside, the beautiful shade and soft breezes was perfect. We ordered a variety of items. I particularly enjoyed the Lobster Bisque and Conch Fritters. Also, I ordered a Ginger Peach tea, which came in a press with glasses of ice. It was wonderful and something you don't get too often. What a treat!

2  Thank Kristy W
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We have not been disappointed yet! My husband and I had dinner at the Conch House again. Although the previous chef always excelled, they have a new chef who really outdid himself. We ordered the lobster and conch ceviche, which was huge and delicious. And for the entree, we ordered the Island Tropical Seafood to share. It was outstanding! It's made with shrimp, scallops, hogfish, papaya, and grapes in a sauce made with coconut milk, curry, and spices with rice and two huge fried plantains. We cleaned the plate! They also have always had a very interesting selection of local beers with funny names which are actually really good. And the service has always been excellent. Chase was our server this time, and he was awesome--we spoke to most of the other servers as well. They are very friendly and fun to talk to. This is our prime go-to place for dinner every time we come to the Keys.

3  Thank Sue R