“A secret paradise”
Review of Coconut Bay Resort

Coconut Bay Resort
Ranked #6 of 17 Key Largo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 May 2013 via mobile

Wow. This place is really special. We have only just left & are trying to eork out how quickly we can get back!
Perfect location - an hour from miami - and only a day trip return to Key West.
The staff (and owner) are just wonderful!
We stayed in cabin no. 2 right on the waterfront. Beautifully styled, perfect sized and the airconditioning is wonderful.
They provide snorkeling gear - and you can snorkel right off their pier.
Every morning there were the most amazing scones - all gorgeous flavours - and fresh coffee for guests - made by the owner. Yum!
Thank you for a beautiful break! :)

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank cathiecatt

Reviewed 27 March 2013

My husband and I stayed 4 nights and had a fantastic stay! The grounds are well maintained and so beautiful! The rooms are very clean, spacious and very comfortable. There are grills on the grounds to cook your own and dishes supplied. The pool is very relaxing, very warm and surrounded by lush greenery and palms. The owner makes scones each morning and serves with coffee. Very well run and friendly. The sunsets are not to be missed and they also provide kayaks and peddle boats, no charge. You will not be disappointed by any room but will go with an ocean view cottage next time!

Room Tip: Go for the oceanview rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank songlow
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Lovely location on the shore ideal for travelling down the keys & to everglades. We had room 22 for 3 nights and would have liked to stay longer. Very comfortable queen beds. If staying more than a few days splurge on a cabin even if just 2 of you.No 3overlooks the sea. Friendly helpful staff.amazing home baked scones & coffee available every morning. Will recommend to friends & family. Very close to Dolphin Cove,a must for a fabulous experience swimming with dolphins.

Room Tip: Cabins/ 1 bedroom cottages better for longer stay
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Susan H
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I've stayed here 3 times and each experience was awesome! This is just a great place if you want to relax and enjoy the beauty and peace of the Keys. It is quiet and is one of the best places I have watched the sunset. (I live in Naples and I've witnessed some great sunsets) I've stayed in 3 different rooms and each one was very clean and recently updated. 2 of the rooms I stayed in were small but again comfortable and clean. Not sure what brand of beds they have but very comfy! The staff is incredibly friendly and accomadating and I'm hoping to spend my 50th Birthday there. I may even treat myself to a room closer to the water. My last trip I got up early and snorkeled around the area....it was so cool! The grounds are beautifully landscaped and the pool area is very nice too. If you are looking for a rowdy party place this is not it, to me this is what the Keys are all about! A little piece of paradise!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Christine C
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Friendly staff, clean room. Made for a great getaway over Valentine's Day in the keys. As a professional vacation rental stager, I definitely have high expectations and a critical eye. I'd certainly stay here again. We were in room 21.

Room Tip: For a longer stay, if you think you'll spend a lot of time a the resort I would definitely try f...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cosmokelly
Reviewed 29 January 2013

We stayed at Coconut Bay between Christmas and New Year's of 2012/2013 and had a fabulous time. We've stayed in Key Largo before, although no place as perfect as Coconut Bay - the owner, manager, and all of the housekeeping staff were extremely nice and helpful. If you've stayed in the Keys before, you know that most places are not fancy (unless you prefer regular hotels) but this place is a beautiful location on the nice little sandy beach and green grass area under the palm trees. The heated salt water pool is so warm and relaxing. The rooms/cabins are very clean and have everything you need. This is the first review I've ever written on Trip Advisor after using the website for years. Enjoy!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sherri L
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I'm sorry to have taken so long to post this review. We stayed at the Coconut Bay Resort for 3 nights during a week long trip from Ft. Lauderdale to Key West last May (2012) after lengthy and extensive research using Fodor's guides and Trip Advisor. Our group of 5 adults was completely infatuated with the keys vibe in general and your resort in particular.. We had rain the first two and a half days but managed to find plenty to do (Robbie's in Islamorada is a favorite) We will be back in June of 2013. Coconut Bay was clean and comfortable and the staff was very nice. I think we had rooms 21 and 22 (?) not sure. It was a 2 BR/BA cottage with living, dining, kitchen. One bedroom/bathroom can be rented separately. It was bright and slept the 5 of us comfortably. I love the fish tile in the bathroom! The grounds and views are lovely. We enjoyed the pavillion and spent evenings watching the beautiful sunsets.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family