“Awesome!”
Review of Kawama Yacht Club

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Key Largo
Kawama Yacht Club
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Our first trip to the keys was most enjoyable by my family of 4 (kids 8 and 5). The Kawama Yacht club is conveniently located in Key Largo minutes from Pannekamp State Park and countless other activities. The Yacht Club itself is a fantastic property with multiple pools, beach, and the best part, a snorkeling pond stocked with large ocean fish. Everyone we met at the KYC was very friendly and helpful. Most of our favorite activities and restaurants came from talking to KYC owners and guests. We will absolutely return to the Kawama Yacht Club.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank awe_heck

Reviewed 5 February 2013

Three years ago, we rented in the R building. The past two years, we have rented in J building. It is a great place to spend our winters. People are friendly, pools are wonderful, sunsets are the greatest. A wonderful spot in Key Largo. Like anywhere else, you may have a few "bad" apples, but we have found Kawama to be a great place.

Room Tip: It is not a resort. It is a rental condo area.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank grahammarg2003
Reviewed 19 September 2012

This was our first trip to Key Largo, so we were looking for a centrally located place with lots of activities for the kids. Kawama turned out to meet that criteria. The grounds were neat and clean and the oceanfront condo had wonderful views. We enjoyed swimming in the saltwater lagoon & fishing off the jetty. My husband caught dinner one night, a 5 lb snapper. The kids really enjoyed the pools, playground and swimming off the beach. We even saw a huge Moray Eel, snorkling around the jetty rocks, cool. We would definitly come back.

7  Thank Sofie R
Reviewed 15 August 2012

The appartment was very nice, clean and well appointed. Its a dated building however our room was very well maintained and recently updated. The marina I thought was very nice and well maintained. The beach does have sea grass that can accumulate but this is the Keys and it can and will happen. Its location is great for very short boat trips to the reef line and other anchorages where you can relax. The staff was OK with the exception of the maintenance guy. I got chewed out for dumping a small bag a trash in the marina dumpster even though he was aware we had a boat in one of the slips. I even appologized and asked him if he wanted me to remove it. All I got in return was a few chioce words of an innappropriate nature begining with an F and he threatened me with a fine? He also harrassed us and others on Friday when we pulled out our boats. He wouldnt allow us to park them in a spot designated for no more than 24 hours of trailer parking. The intent was to leave very early in the morning on Saturday so it wouldnt have been in the spot for more than 9 hours. We were left trying to find a spot in a very crowded and poorly organized overflow lot. That guy is a real creep. I would stay there again, however the maintenance guy has got to go.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank James W
Reviewed 11 August 2012

We are staying at Kawama yacht club until Saturday we are renting a 3 bedroom villa over looking the marina and ocean, the yacht club is not a resort, it's a private condo residence with various condos, villas and apartments to rent. The grounds are clean and well kept, pool areas clean and well maintained. It does not have a beach in the true sense of the word, but has a sandy area with chairs and tiki tables and chairs, regarding the smell, its the ocean smells like fish funny that !!! the keys are not known for it's beaches it's known for fishing and diving, laid back atmosphere, and down time. If you want a resort go to one. Our villa is brilliant, outstanding, every thing you could want and more we rented from the owner via VRBO . Oceans Edge is the name of the villa I would definitely recommend this villa and will stay here again. Regarding the negative reviews, stay away from the keys and go to Vegas

11  Thank alohabride30
Reviewed 8 August 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a 2 week honeymoon. Our stay was in Unit A7 owned by Fernando Guisasola. The condo was nice and what we expected(although it could use a little updating), Fernando was pleasant to deal with and freindly. Kawama was nice and convenienty located. We did not use the pool, but it looked nice. The saltwater lagoon was a very cool feature, especially with all the fish in it to see. I would not plan on using the beach there, it is not maintained and covered with seaweed. The jetty was a blast to fish from, I caught quite a few fish of many different types( 2' baracuda was the biggest, lost a 4' nurse shark!) which was a very pleasant surprise. Overall we were happy with everything and would stay again.

Room Tip: Make sure to go shopping right away. There were no toilet paper or paper towels left there.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank 19Love2travel77
Reviewed 7 August 2012

We stayed here planning to day trip to Key West, snorkel at Key Largo, and fish at Islamorada with one day to stay at the resort. When we arrived I questioned my decision, and after walking through the property we determined that we needed to make other plans for the day we had planned to stay at the resort. As far as security, I felt safe while staying at the property. As for the conditions of the resort, I felt like I was staying at my really old relatives beach property. One other thing to mention is that one of the beach signs identify "Clothing Optional beyond this point", not what you want to see travelling with a teenager and a seven year old. I would not stay here again!

1  Thank lwalker1967