Kawama Yacht Club
US$242
US$219
OceanPointe.com
  • Pool
MB at Key Largo(Key Largo)(Great Value!)
US$224
US$183
Groupon.com
Coconut Palm Inn(Key Largo)
US$167
HolidayInn.com
US$231
US$203
Orbitz.com
Seafarer Resort and Beach(Key Largo)(Great Value!)
US$132
Courtyard by Marriott Key Largo(Key Largo)(Great Value!)
US$1,124
US$190
Courtyard
All reviewsnorman wartmansalt water lagoondolphin facilityjump offenjoyed fishingbeach areafishing equipmentkids enjoyed the pooltennis courtsprivate poolvery pleased with our staygrouperwater shoesgas grillboat rentalstwin bedsgreat vacation
Reviewed 21 March 2010

We were there with a teen and 5 year old. The playground was great, the pool closest to us was not for us, we were able to use it because it was not a crowded time of year.
We were supposed to use one far away from our villa. The villa (13) we rented was a great size and we loved the two stories. The condition of the furniture was terrible. For example, the upstairs couch was ripped along the back and they had a skinny blanket attempting to cover it. Twice when we returned the security guard was not at the stand and we had to wait at least 10 minutes to gain entry to the club.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank katdodge1
Reviewed 26 January 2010

My husband and I traveled here for 1 week with 3 small children, aged 5, 3, and 9 months. We stayed in the Kawama Towers, unit 203. The plusses were:
1. Really clean condo with lots of space
2. Comfortable beds, plenty of sheets and towels
3. Very infant friendly; new highchair, pack and play, and a soft mattress for the Pack and Play
4. All necessary appliances and a dishwasher
5. Owners were super friendly and made us feel very welcome!
6. The Beach was amazing!!! When it was low tide, our kids just played there for hours and hours while we sat in the beautiful scenery, overlooking the natural pier and the sunset. We went to other beaches in the area, and the private beach for the condo association was by far the best one.
7. Just down the street, there is a wonderful fresh fish market, where you can buy fresh crabs, lobsters, fish, whatever, and cook it at your house.
8. Great food and restaurants right down the road, I loved especially the Pilot House where the kids could feed the fish. (Although getting a good martini was just not possible here)
9. Eat lots and lots of Key Lime Pie, anywhere you find it in the Keys. It's always totally different and amazing. I never thought I even liked Key Lime Pie before I had it here. I strickly monitor my weight but I ate 2 peices a day when I was here.
10. Our kids really liked the playground with the sand. However, the residents around there again were not that friendly.

Minusses:
1. Some of the other residents in the Yacht Club were not friendly at all. They seemed annoyed by our children and some even made comments indicating that they should be quieter (in the middle of the day on a weekend!) I do feel that people who live there full time should think seriously about how it would affect their own house market value if they don't create a positive and friendly environment for those who come to rent. I don't actually think our chidlren are all that loud either. On the other hand, many of the other residents were really friendly. I guess I'm saying that they really should ALL be friendly if possible!
2. The condo decor was outdated, a little shabby. It didn't matter much to us, but it may matter to someone else. For example, finding a matching set of dishes was not possible, and there were only 2 wine glasses made out of glass (which did not match)
3. The pool was supposed to be heated, but it was still pretty cold. I realize we came during an unusually cold time, so maybe that affected the pool.
4. The elevator is super, super slow in the tower. I would recommend taking the stairs each time.
5. Wireless interent was really really slow at times, and actually kept disconnecting. It would be hard to stay here for an extended period of time expecting to get work done.
6. I may consider a non-tower place next time because I didn't have much space to hang out, outside. In the townhouses, they had much bigger porches with better views.

I love Key Largo, and we had a wonderful time. I would overall totally recommend this place as a comfortable place and a great deal. I especially liked the owners and found them to be really nice.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank familyof5Chicago
Reviewed 26 October 2009

This is solid-gold value for the money and conveniently located in the heart of Key Largo with a spot-on view of Molasses Reef and a view of the ocean and tennis courts to the right (over the condo roof below you). Great sunsets off the deck but only one chair! We felt really safe as security is high and it's off the road. Our extended family of four and one toddler stayed for a week in a 4th Floor unit of the Tower, 2-Bd, 2-Ba. It was not well-stocked with necessary items but the owner promptly replaced them at our request (none of the remotes worked either). Cleanliness seems to be a weak point in the Tower in general but the units are decent, clean (relatively) , quiet, spacious, and comfortable. The Tower swimming pool has four huge steps which our toddler loved, and the water was warm. The lagoon is not swimmable per se, but it has a lovely beach area and plenty of seating. Nice gazebo area from which to view the sunset too. We didn't notice an issue with parking. Overall, a good basic place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2009

we stayed in a kawama towers apartment belonging to Ralph, apt KT412, it was great ,fantastic view overlooked the marina and seaview.Apartment was great, no complaints at all.We had no problems with parking there are plenty of extra spaces. The pool is meant to be just for tower residents, but everyone from the complex uses it as they just lift the gate up ,where you are meant to use a key. still wasnt a problem, we still seem to have it mostly to ourselves when we were there, it was mainly early evening it was bedlam down there.We also booked Dolpin Plus, which is just along the road before you get to kawama, and it was fantastic. Hubby and girls spent most of the day, did the combo package and they had plenty of time in the water with the dolphins, really well worth the money, as we met some people that had been to Dolphin Research on another Key and hadnt had such good value.Overall we had a great time in the Keys and we will definitely be back, people friendly and always wanting to chat.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2009

Rebecca Roe rented us a room and then decided she could not accomidate our group. It is 4 months later and she stll has not returned our money. She is a crook do not rent from her!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo