“Best place to stay in key west!”

Parrot Key Hotel and Resort
Ranked #30 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Stayed here from July 5th to 7th. We were absolutely pleased with the hotel. The rooms were big and clean, very comfortable. The layout was great and the pools were well placed. Having 4 pools made it easy to choose one that wasn't crowed. It was nice to have a Walgreens right next door. Having the hotel away from downtown was nice not having to deal with all the pedestrians and traffic. Overall it was an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2011
Write a ReviewReviews (4,504)

Reviewed 6 July 2011

This hotel was picked based on the photos and website. it sounded like paradise for my in laws.

The rooms were clean, spacious and had their own porch. The porch on the back had a sandy back area which was great for small children that love to play.

The pool area was nice and clean and the pool was not overcrowded.

The Pros: the rooms were spacious, clean, the bathrooms were spacious. The resort was quiet and neatly laid out.

The Cons: the beach mentioned on the website does not truly exist, the housekeeping does not have very good timing (the day we were their all day, they did not clean until about 3:00). The location for going downtown for dinner is terrible, you end up paying the resort fee for parking and then parking downtown. They should have a shuttle service or something to make the resort fee worthy.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Everything was good. From the rooms to pool, it was all excellent.

Reviewed 6 July 2011

The Parrot Key Hotel And Resort will always have a special place in my memory.

I guess that tips you off right away about how much I liked this little hidden paradise on Key West.

My business is in my home and so I am never really away from work. Going to the The Parrot Key Hotel And Resort in the warm month of June was an immersion in relaxation. From the super comfortable suite we chose to the delightful four swimming pools to the beautiful landscaping, this place was outstanding.

When we entered our suite for the first time I was impressed at how spacious it was and how nice the furnishings were. Then I noticed a stairway going up another level and discovered that we had a whole additional bedroom upstairs! It was far more space than we needed, but what a luxury.

We had a garden suite with views of the dense foliage and a glimpse of one of the pools. It felt very private. I highly recommend that you get a suite if possible. Because it was the upper floors, we didn’t hear anyone walking above us, one of my pet peeves at hotels.

I’m a wuss when it comes to swimming in cold water. I was thrilled that the swimming pools were so warm. I could slowly wade in if I wanted and not be shocked by cold water. It was almost as warm as the sultry summer air. We stayed here for a week and enjoyed every one of the four pools immensely. Although the hotel was full the entire time, it never felt crowded. I would say that each pool never had more than 10 to 12 people around them, and often just a couple. I don’t know where everyone else was (probably Duval Street) but we felt like we had the place to ourselves.

Café Blue, the pool bar/snack shop had good drinks and an adequate menu so that we could try something different every day. They serve sandwiches, salads, and other quick snacks, all of good quality. The cute butterfly puppets in the ceiling make it a fun place to relax.

The location is a fair distance from all the hubbub of downtown Key West, which was fine with us. We were more into quiet relaxation than the craziness of Duval Street and Mallory Square. We had a rental car so could drive there when we wanted, but I overheard that a cab cost about $10 each way downtown. I would have liked to rent bicycles or a scooter, but didn’t get around to that.

We enjoyed sitting our our large couch in the “living area” in the evening, watching the large flat screen TV, and then retiring to the super comfy king size bed (there’s another large flat screen TV in the bedroom). Great linens on the bed. The bathroom was quite large, fully tiled, and had high quality soaps, shampoo, conditioner and lotion.

It was convenient to have a small fridge, toaster and coffee pot at the dry bar. The only complaint I can dig up, and it is not a big one, is that the maid failed to replace our paper coffee cups a couple of times and I had to request some be sent up. Some people don’t realize how important the morning cup of coffee is!

I had business meetings in Key West which were held at some of the high end hotels, particularly the Westin. I liked the Parrot Key better. It just felt more comfortable and relaxing and was half the price.

If I return to Key West, and I hope I do, I will certainly stay at the Parrot Key Inn again and I recommend it to you without reservation.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank panoramarick
Reviewed 6 July 2011

I stayed in the Parrot Key Resort Hotel for 2 weeks. Two of the best weeks of my life. These rooms are highly affordable. Saying that you get more for your money is a great understatement. The rooms are comfortable and very large. I looked the hotel up online and books over the phone. Once I arrived, I was shocked at how nice the property grounds were and even more shocked at how beautiful the rooms are. The balconies are also great with plenty of room as well.

The Hotel/Resort has a convenient laundry room and gym. There are 4 pools that are separated by beautiful garden with palm trees as the highlight. There is a Cafe called the Blue Cafe located by the main pool that serves breakfast and lunch. They also have a full bar as well. The food is mostly Panini’s for breakfast and lunch and they are delicious. There are water sports available as well at the Hotel/Resort and also others you can book through the hotel. Everybody that worked at the hotel/resort was very kind and helpful at all times. The hotel manager is also a gentleman. It was always nice and peaceful during my entire stay there.

My room had two balconies, a very nice sized living room, a bed room with a full bathroom and a bedroom up stairs with a half bathroom. There were three flat screen TVs in each room with DVD players in all of them. Each room had cable. The bed and sheets were so comfortable and got caught up on so much needed rest. Sometimes I didn't want to get out of bed because they're so relaxing.

I would recommend this Hotel/Resort for couples, families or single men and women.

Room Tip: Waterfront King Size Suites are great and come with 2x bedrooms.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2011

We arrived early and were unable to check in immediately, however were notified by cell phone when our room was available (~2:45 pm). We reserved a 2-bedroom garden view suite and were extremely pleased with our accommodations. Our suite had charming seaside cottage decor with authentic-looking prints and artwork that immediately put us in Key West frame of mind. Each bedroom had a connecting bathroom with granite countertops and tile floor. Soaps and shampoos were above average. Bedding was plush and extremely comfortable. First floor consisted of a large entryway with mirror and coat/towel rack and stairs. Second floor contained a separate bedroom and living room. Living room had a very nice large flat-screen TV. Additional amenities included a counter area with coffee pot and in-room small refrigerator (empty). Second floor bedroom and living room had balconies -- view from bedroom was of the tropical lush garden surround the pools. Nice Adirondack-style chairs provided a great place to drink a glass of wine in the evening.

We used the gym one day and found it to be very nice and well-stocked, though somewhat small. There are 5 pools on the grounds, each surrouned by feng-shui type foliage and sculptures. Each pool is connected through a series of arbors or gates consisting of "ancient" carved wood or tropical palms and plants. Noise does not travel from pool to pool. Chairs are well padded and umbrellas are plenty. No need to get up early to grab your chair for the day. Tiki bar is fine, though there are better dining options elsewhere on Key West.

Resort is located less than 2 miles from Duval. Not ideal for walking. We drove into town each day and walked to the main drag. Resort is close to shopping and dive shops.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank AMG-08
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Parrot Key Resort is PHENOMENAL! We had room 19A facing the inter-coastal with a walk out to heavenly sand path and lush gardens! There are FOUR pools thay enveloped by secret tropical gardens.
The famous Duval St is just a 5 minute drive away as is Southernmost Point.
I highly recommend this quaint resort - just be sure to get a room with a view as it seems there are a few rows that face the parking lot.