“Charming and fun”

Parrot Key Hotel and Resort
Ranked #30 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This place is beautiful with all the different pool areas and the decor was very peaceful. The grounds are romantic, with beach like settings, it is better to have a car or cab to go back and fourth but it's only a couple minutes to get where u need to go. The bar food was good the drinks where great especially the price, coming from Miami beach. Rooms super clean and charming.

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed here 10 days for honeymoon and loved it! The room was spacious and clean. The staff were always very friendly, oftentimes going out of their way to help out a couple of tourists. We recommend seeing the concierge at the front desk. She was extremely friendly and handled most of our itenerary for us. The pool area is very nice... 4 pools and an outside casual cafe/bar area. Shelley is the bartender there... my wife and I would see her everyday either for food or happy hour. Shelley is always very friendly/helpful... my wife and I had a good time with her at the bar! Dean is another bartender at the cafe and he was really good too! Great overall experience. Would definitely go back and we plan on it!

2  Thank Stephen H
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I just returned home from our vacation in Key West, FL. This was our first time vacationing in the keys, and what a wonderful time we had. We stayed at the Parrot Key Hotel & Resort. We found our stay to be very pleasant, the staff was very courteous and knowledgeable. We stayed in a two bedroom suite, because we brought my wife's mother along with us. The suite was very clean, the beds very comfortable & the suite overall roomy. I would have given a 5 rating, but we didn't have a kitchen or wet bar. Overall, the resort is a beautiful place to stay, & yes we would stay again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The pool is beautiful but overall the resort is too far away from the key places of key west. I would not stay there again. Service of the room was slow they did eventually clean the room but often after 4pm. There was a lot of construction in the area. I will return to Key West but not to this resort.

3  Thank Peg N
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Just want to say this hotel was very surprising. The hotel was immaculate and spacious. the staff was warm, welcoming and helpful always. we cannot wait to go back again. grounds were beautiful. Mr. Booker was lovely; a gentleman and of course Mindy was such a wonderful spirit to the dining area-always had a warm smile while service several tables alone in the morning-hard working and so lovely. we only wish there was a shuttle service to and fro downtown.

overall we LOVED this place

Room Tip: it doesnt matter they are all good-you cannot hear anything
1  Thank scrappy02120
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I visited this hotel in October 2013. The rooms are well appointed and spotlessly clean. The ground of this complex are well kept as are the swimming pool areas.
The hotel in my opinion is let down for the cost by a very limited selection of food options and opening hours for food on site as well as a very limited bar and again hours of service.
In saying that I would stay here again if the opportunity arose.
Please note however that if you have issues with walking any distance then do not consider this as your accommodation in Key West as it is a reasonable distance out of town thus a brisk walk is needed or a taxi ride each time you want to visit. There is no shuttle bus to town provided.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a patio out onto the path dividing the accommodation from the pool so these are nice...
2  Thank united01
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful and the room was amazing. Stayed in 2 br/2ba garden suite. This room had a front and rear balcony.

Be advised that your card will have a $50 hold put on it if you book through a travel site, and there is a $25 resort fee. I also had 2 holds of $187 put on to my card that I was not informed of, and when i called to ask about it they "couldn't see it" in their computers and had no idea what I was talking about. These charges of about $340, that I was not aware of, put my account into over draft and it has me a nightmare trying to get it fixed. Be aware of what they are putting on your card.

Also parking is limited but you can park next door at Walgreens without being towed because they give you a parking pass.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends