“A few concerns”

Ranked #31 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Sherwood Park, Canada
“A few concerns”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

At the last minute I found this resort on the internet and booked using their "chat" option, so I was a bit nervous when we arrived but all worked out well. I was disappointed in the housekeeping though our room was not tended to after 3 pm! Interestingly on the day we checked out they came to do up our room at 10am we really were not happy with this and we expressed this to the front desk who told us that they had until 5pm to make up our room????? The pools are beautiful with beautiful sculptures, doors and greenery, the deck chairs need cushions though. Do not wear your silver into the pools it oxidizes something horribly! I have NEVER had this happen before, there was another guest who's silver ring also oxidized it's very upsetting but luckily a jeweller downtown was able to help me reverse this. Would I stay here again.....Yes

Room Tip: Lower floor units walk out onto a sandy beach with lounge chairs. The upper units are larger and hav...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,065)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Nice place. Went with wife and 2year old. It's not a hotel and it's bot quite a resort, which makes it odd in some ways. It has four heated pools which is excellent. The closed off faux-beach is great for kids and gives you the feeling of being on vacation. Get ready for the 25$ resort fee per day. That makes it a bit pricey and the servicing of the rooms leaves a lot to be desired. It's not fitting for the amount they charge. Our room didnt get serviced until almost 4pm and when they did it was a careless job. Theres no room service.

Stayed December 2013
Nuuk, Greenland
Reviewed 29 November 2013

This is a beautiful place to stay. It's my second time around, and I love it! It's away from all of the noise downtown, has spacious, beautiful rooms. The decor is a beachy, the beds are AWESOME to sleep in and there is water, beach-strip and palms swaying right outside your door. I love the small patios with chairs; new tradition upon arriving for my vacation: Drinking Florida morning juice in the bright blue chairs on the patio. Absolutely awesome.
Such a beautiful property as well, you walk amongst lucious greenery, that surround the small white picket fences that makes you feel like the property is actually small and intimate. The pool is beautiful, wonderful service, great drinks! I recommend the stay all the way.
They need more parking space (we could not park on property bc we were late arrivals all the days we were there), but that's the only thing on-site that's a bit annoying.
You can't hear the other guests except when on patio. Wonderful stay!

Only draw-back is, that I found this years service was (writing with them before arrival) somewhat arrogant. I traveled all the way from Greenland; it takes 2 days to get to KW: 6-8 hours of travel first day, then around 18 to 20 hrs of travel next day + driving down (3½ hrs), often with a late arrival. I love Fla., so I keep coming back.
Which is why I'd like to be able to pay all fees from home (not that it's a problem, I just want it DONE so I can enjoy when I arrive), and be absolutely positively sure that I haven't missed any details of how to get my key upon late arrivals after more than 24 hrs. of travel.
I had to connect to their 'chat' function on their website 4 times/write 2 emails and the agents I wrote with didn't really answer my questions: Is there any additional fees (after buying the room online), I'd like to pay them in advance. Like: I want to give you money up front and how do I get my key upon late arrival? I'm not local and our phone-op in Greenland don't have any connection when we arrive. I had to figure out how to buy a US prepaid phonecard (a whole bustle) to get to check in. But they weren't sympathetic at all when writing with them, and it seemed like they thought it was a hassle to answer my questions. Very frustrating when just trying to get you vacation-details in row so you can let go and relax. Turns out there weren't any add. fees and it was my own problem to be able to call them upon arrival. Great! It just took me 8 days to get a straight answer. Hmpf! Other than that, the stay was wonderful, but amp up the customer-service/customer-feel for tourists from around the world, eh?

Room Tip: Ask for water-view. It feels secluded and it's an awesome view when waking up. :)
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Colonia, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 November 2013

When booking, I was most concerned about cleanliness and comfort. This resort is amazing in all senses. Extremely clean and very comfortable. The staff were great, always there to help and answer any questions. The decor and atmosphere was great. I really liked the fact that there were many pools available and the water sports activities were just a short walk away from your room. Overall, great experience, great staff, great rooms, would recommend it to anyone. Also , it's conveniently placed next to walgreens, fridays, and other stores .

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 28 November 2013

This hotel is located outside the center of Key West but it is all worth it, The employees are nice and making you feel welcomed, the resort is clean and well maintained. They have 4 pools and they have Sunset watersport right there located at the hotel which is very convenient. you can do wave runners, rent bicycles, paddle board and Kayak. I would recommend this hotel anytime. The cottages are spacious and makes you feel like at home. they have a restaurant called Blue Cafe and again the employees were very nice and helpful but the most important is that the food was good. They have a nice beach white sand all over the cottages. it's not a real beach but you can sit down and relax.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Little Current, Canada
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Demetrius Hodge intervened to correct the location of our 2 bedroom suite.
We are repeat guests of the Resort as we enjoy it's location, the pool's, and the quality of the Rooms. it is very quiet yet close access to downtown.
His quick and effective action was appreciated and we will be back.

Room Tip: Ocean Front Rooms are quiet, spacious and have excellent view of Ocean. Necessities can be purchase...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Calgary
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Loved it. Suite came w/ a loft upstairs w/ bathroom, closet & two twin beds - great for the kids. Master suite was amazing, large w/ massive restroom complete w/ jacuzzi - and deck to view the ocean was fantastic. Watching the sunset from the balcony was truly majestic. Rooms were clean. It was close to amenities. On-site cafe was very pricey, but Walgreens was literally across the parking lot, as well as several other restaurants. The three pools gave lots of choices for swimming and avoidance of crowds. Overall - super. Will absolutely be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family