Visiting from the other side of the world (first and possibly not another chance to Key West) this sounded like a little piece of paradise!! Friends kindly booked it for the four of us. What a huge disappointment….check what you likely to get folks! Was ours a cheap two bedroom deal? We arrived about 2pm, but ours not ready. Went and found lunch. Came back and we were in the area where we could look (almost) over the main little pool area, of which there are four…very nice idea as a resort goes.
As we were the B unit (the unit was divided into two apartments) with shared door entry we went up flight of stairs to ours, then another to the top for spouse and myself sleeping area. A completely bare room and floor greeted us, with one built in cabinet for the TV. Air cond didn't work, hard to see much as we in apex of roof with blinds that didnt work. Totally astonished! Bathroom running out of tissues, and hardly anything welcoming in there either!
Eating area, one person rushing round trying to organise ALL patrons meal orders…. what the??!!! Reception staff generally ho hum, apart from one helpful person. Come on people..
This was absolutely a never again experience to have anticipated so much and be so let down. Other rooms look so lovely in the photo selection, so be sure to get those and not where we were.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Parrot Key Resort is an idyllic Key West hideaway, offering simple luxury, comfort and style in a serene waterfront haven. Five acres of tropical gardens surround Parrot Key, with pretty paths meandering through colorful foliage. Four sparkling pools are nestled among their own private sculpture gardens with whimsical art capturing your attention at every turn. The poolside Café Blue offers a range of refreshing drinks and island cuisine, where you can simply sit back and listen to the sound of serenity. Planning is simple here, with onsite watersports and a complimentary beach shuttle waiting to whisk you away to nearby Smathers Beach. Or simply relax and watch the sun go down from our sunset pier. Space out in a suite or a three-bedroom villa, including a living room and soothing treetop balconies. You can also unwind in a waterfront guestroom, equipped with your own white sand terrace. Each guestroom, suite and villa at Parrot Key boasts spectacular views of either lush gardens or the calm waters of Florida Bay. Experience the Key West you've always dreamed of with endless sunshine, glorious sunsets, and incomparable charm. From your peaceful haven at Parrot Key Resort, it's hard to believe that the energetic and eclectic vibe of Key West is just a short drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline and Ebookers so you can book your Parrot Key Hotel and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parrot Key Hotel Key West
- Parrot Key Beach Hotel
- Parrot Key Beach West
- Parrot Key Hotel And Resort Key West, Florida