We have mixed impressions. The accommodations were beautiful on a moderately pretty water-front venue. The view of the Gulf is compromised by high-tension power lines, but there is an attempt to provide a very minimal pier (no water access) to watch the sunsets. The big advantage for us was how quiet the accommodations were, away from downtown. There is a price to pay for that, however.
We had stupidly not called ahead to see if there were rooms available for our day-early arrival ahead of our original reservation (there weren't), but they graciously upgraded us upon arrival the following day to a beautiful suite that was a bit of an overkill for the two of us.
Parking (no numbered assignments) is not terribly convenient and a trek to our room, particularly when we had to get a large suitcase up very steep stairs to our suite at the extreme end of the lot, There is no shuttle into town, as there is with other outlying accommodations, so when returning from an evening drive into town, one may be faced with parking in the public Walgreen parking lot next door. A taxi is $15 each way... a last resort when parking in town is scarce.
There were several other little things, like no TV listings, no map of where the ice machines were located, and we were told to buy bottled water at Walgreens, not exactly what you might expect from rooms at any price.
The staff of the Tiki Bar were the best, friendly and accommodating.
And to repeat, our suite was beautifully appointed and could easily accommodate a family of four.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Parrot Key Resort is an idyllic Key West hideaway, offering simple luxury, comfort and style in a serene waterfront haven. Five acres of tropical gardens surround Parrot Key, with pretty paths meandering through colorful foliage. Four sparkling pools are nestled among their own private sculpture gardens with whimsical art capturing your attention at every turn. The poolside Café Blue offers a range of refreshing drinks and island cuisine, where you can simply sit back and listen to the sound of serenity. Planning is simple here, with onsite watersports and a complimentary beach shuttle waiting to whisk you away to nearby Smathers Beach. Or simply relax and watch the sun go down from our sunset pier. Space out in a suite or a three-bedroom villa, including a living room and soothing treetop balconies. You can also unwind in a waterfront guestroom, equipped with your own white sand terrace. Each guestroom, suite and villa at Parrot Key boasts spectacular views of either lush gardens or the calm waters of Florida Bay. Experience the Key West you've always dreamed of with endless sunshine, glorious sunsets, and incomparable charm. From your peaceful haven at Parrot Key Resort, it's hard to believe that the energetic and eclectic vibe of Key West is just a short drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Parrot Key Hotel and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parrot Key Hotel Key West
- Parrot Key Beach Hotel
- Parrot Key Beach West
- Parrot Key Hotel And Resort Key West, Florida