We spent a full week at Parrot Key and found the resort to generally be satisfactory.
The good things:
1. Very quiet and relaxing
2. Resort was clean and well kept
3. Landscaping was beautiful
4. There were four private pools - if you wanted to swim alone you usually could get one all to yourself
5. Staff was very friendly in all regards and very willing to do what it took to satisfy the customer
1. No shuttle service to town or the airport - a cab ride either way was $15, which really adds up over the span of a week
2. Rooms were sparsely furnished. Only 1 chair in the room (except for the desk chair, that is) made it uncomfortable to relax in the evenings.
3. The comforter in our room was completely worn out and very lumpy. We ended up taking it out of its cover and just using the cover like a top sheet
4. Food and beverage was good, but over-priced. $30 for breakfast?? $10 cocktails?? Plus, no dinner service or late snack service after 5:30 pm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Parrot Key Resort is an idyllic Key West hideaway, offering simple luxury, comfort and style in a serene waterfront haven. Five acres of tropical gardens surround Parrot Key, with pretty paths meandering through colorful foliage. Four sparkling pools are nestled among their own private sculpture gardens with whimsical art capturing your attention at every turn. The poolside Café Blue offers a range of refreshing drinks and island cuisine, where you can simply sit back and listen to the sound of serenity. Planning is simple here, with onsite watersports and a complimentary beach shuttle waiting to whisk you away to nearby Smathers Beach. Or simply relax and watch the sun go down from our sunset pier. Space out in a suite or a three-bedroom villa, including a living room and soothing treetop balconies. You can also unwind in a waterfront guestroom, equipped with your own white sand terrace. Each guestroom, suite and villa at Parrot Key boasts spectacular views of either lush gardens or the calm waters of Florida Bay. Experience the Key West you've always dreamed of with endless sunshine, glorious sunsets, and incomparable charm. From your peaceful haven at Parrot Key Resort, it's hard to believe that the energetic and eclectic vibe of Key West is just a short drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Parrot Key Hotel and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parrot Key Hotel Key West
- Parrot Key Beach Hotel
- Parrot Key Beach West
- Parrot Key Hotel And Resort Key West, Florida