“beautiful and relaxing stay”

Parrot Key Hotel and Resort
Ranked #30 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 1 June 2014

It was a 2nd year anniversary and my husband I spent one day in Marathon and decided to stay last minute in Key West. This hotel did not disappoint. The check-in was easy and they allowed us to check in earlier. We stayed in a first floor, waterfront view room with a king-sized bed. The view was close to the western side, overlooking the canal and we were able to see the sunset. We had our own private balcony and access to a lounge and sand area. No access to the beach but we were there for just relaxing and rest. we forgot to bring bug spray which might also be helpful for those gnats and sand fleas. The gardens within the hotel grounds were beautiful and my husband said he even saw coconut trees there. It was very peaceful. The room was large and clean. The bed was very comfortable. The only thing that would have made this 5 stars was the noise level. People on our side were outside at 2 or 3 a.m. talking very loudly. This went on for a while. Also, our upstairs neighbors were loud and we thought they had a late international flight, which was why we thought they were moving around so much. But, they were still there in the morning. Overall, we can not say enough about the service and grounds. It was beautiful there. We understand it's a large hotel with people on vacation enjoying themselves. We were glad that we were not near the pool or restaurant which gave us quiet during the daytime hours.

Room Tip: If you get a waterfront view, the lower level has sand lounging area but not direct access to beach...
2  Thank Holly B

Reviewed 31 May 2014

From the moment you enter reception to start your stay to the moment you check out, the staff go above and beyond with customer service. The rooms are incredible, it was so worth the stay. I hope to go back again. I would highly recommend the Parrot Key Resort to anyone wanting to stay in Key West!!!!

Room Tip: water view is amazing
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

The resort is beautiful and quiet. The pools were wonderful. The staff was excellent. Particularly Shelly in the bar. She made us feel like we were home. She gave us excellent recommendations for restaurants and things to do. She went out of her way so that I could eat breakfast before they opened because I had a dive trip I had to be at before they opened.

This resort is not downtown but not far away. This ended up being a good thing because it got us away from the noise.

We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The one bdrm layout was perfect for a couple - We liked the fact that the bedroom is upstairs as it adds to the view of the water. The grounds are landscaped and maintained beautifully. The small touches like the pineapple carved into the white picket fencing really add to the fun tropical feel. Liked the mini fridge and microwave. We received excellent service at check-in and check-out. I would have given 4 stars but I left an item in the bathroom and called the following AM and was told they would check and get back to me. I heard nothing. I called again at 5PM and received an apology and was told they would send a message to front desk manager. I heard nothing. I filled out the resorts questionnaire explaining my disappointment with no customer service follow through and have not received any reply.

1  Thank 2onvacaton
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is a really nice and, by Key West standards, upscale hotel that is clean and well-maintained; I really liked the townhouse feel and having multiple floors for our 2-bedroom reservation. There is a watersports operator that departs right from the back of the hotel which made excursions on jetskis very easy.

Unfortunately there is no beach front here, it is on a raised key and the beaches are enclosed by shrubs which precludes any water access.

One of the biggest perks of staying here is that there is a Walgreen's within walking distance; it made quick runs for beer, food, and sunscreen very easy for us. Also, the parking lot is quite small and often fills up at night, and the Walgreen's parking lot is a nice backup option.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the pool for a better view
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank wxs2102
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is a fantastic place to relax and enjoy the tropical ambience. We had a waterfront view (which meant the canal on one side of the property). The place was large, with a good-sized bathroom, large bedroom, and a living room with a flat screen, couch, coffee table, and sort of a wet bar (dorm fridge and sink/faucet). There were private balconies off both the living room and the bedroom. Key West isn't a huge place, but this is far enough away from the Duval Street craziness that you feel like you're in a different city. Four (!) pools ensured that there was always at least one without a crowd, and all four were well kept. There is a bar near the largest pool, and servers who come around at decent intervals to the other pools to make sure you have what you need. Not cheap, but then again I don't expect cheap at these resort-type places, either. All the staff personnel we came into contact with were friendly and very good at their jobs. We will definitely be back here.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

As if I was in paradise. Pathways leading to the main door was surrounded by plants. Inside our room the effect was so calming. Bed was comfortable. Decor was simple yet perfect. Bathroom was elegant. They have glass door rather than shower curtain. At the back door was a porch with adirondack chairs leading to a white sand. There's another set of chairs in front of every porch in the white sand with umbrella if you want to soak in the sun. Across was a white fence lined with bougainvillea plants. Other side of the fence was mangroves and the waterfront where there's water sports. I haven't been in love with a hotel until this one. So classy and yet the value was just right. It's not like those typical high rise hotel buildings. It's more of a townhouse style. Painted white which was so neat looking. So peaceful. Very clean inside and out. There were 4 swimming pools all surrounded by plants which made it very private. There's restaurant in the swimming pool. I toured the property and it was beautiful. They have a sunset pier or you can watch the sunset at your own sand terraces.They have a shuttle bus for free going to smathers beach with beach chairs and towels. When traveling I don't use towel provided by the hotel but for the first time I used their towel because it was so clean and fluffy. I could have stayed in the hotel for so long but have to tour key west. Definitely, next time I'm in key west I will stay there again and will make it a little longer. As an added bonus, it is a smoking free environment and they have WiFi for free. Connecting was easy and didn't need a password. By the way, Jessica in the front desk was awesome.

Room Tip: You can watch sunset in the rooms in the waterfront. Waterfront rooms at the far end has more front...