Beautiful resort - nicely laid out and easy to navigate. Apparently, the resort was originally built as condos for sale but when the real estate market went bust they revamped them as vacation units. We rented the two bedroom, ocean/beach front unit tucked in the corner. Beautifully appointed and comfortable. It's quiet and removed from Duval Street by a good distance (not walkable and you will need to take a taxi to go anywhere else!). Be aware that the beachfront is facing Florida Bay, not the ocean - you cannot swim here. In addition, they readily boast that one of the bigger watersports vendors is located right at the hotel as a convenience and offers discounts to resort dwellers. However, if you plan to parasail, you will not be doing it right off their beach. They will shuttle you over to Smathers Beach for parasailing so it's not very convenient. The housekeeping, grounds and restaurant staff were outstanding and responded quickly to requests. The front desk staff is less than helpful. I wanted to check-in early but was told that I needed to call in the morning that I was to check-in to see if there was availability... I called early and they still couldn't tell me if I could check-in early. When we arrived at the resort, the front desk said they would call us if we could get into our room early so we left our bags with them and headed over to the bar. They did come through and we were able to get in by about 1PM but the front desk continued to exhibit a lack of enthusiasm. I made one more request during our stay: to place four adirondack chairs on our porch - this seemed like a reasonable request to me since we were staying in a two bedroom unit with four people not to mention, every other unit around us had four chairs on their porches. When I called the front desk, they stated that each porch should only have two chairs and they would bring two additional chairs over only if they had some extras and that the grounds staff would get to it when they could. Hmmmmm... again, they did come through with the additional chairs but it would have been nice for the front desk staff to show some desire to make their customers comfortable. Overall, our stay was enjoyable and the resort is beautiful but very, very quiet and far removed from Duval St.. - the restaurant, pools and bar close at 10PM, lacks the culture of Key West. IMO you could pick this place up and plop it down anywhere and it would be the same.I recommend taking a day trip to the Dry Tortugas and dinner a the Hogfish Grill.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Parrot Key Resort is an idyllic Key West hideaway, offering simple luxury, comfort and style in a serene waterfront haven. Five acres of tropical gardens surround Parrot Key, with pretty paths meandering through colorful foliage. Four sparkling pools are nestled among their own private sculpture gardens with whimsical art capturing your attention at every turn. The poolside Café Blue offers a range of refreshing drinks and island cuisine, where you can simply sit back and listen to the sound of serenity. Planning is simple here, with onsite watersports and a complimentary beach shuttle waiting to whisk you away to nearby Smathers Beach. Or simply relax and watch the sun go down from our sunset pier. Space out in a suite or a three-bedroom villa, including a living room and soothing treetop balconies. You can also unwind in a waterfront guestroom, equipped with your own white sand terrace. Each guestroom, suite and villa at Parrot Key boasts spectacular views of either lush gardens or the calm waters of Florida Bay. Experience the Key West you've always dreamed of with endless sunshine, glorious sunsets, and incomparable charm. From your peaceful haven at Parrot Key Resort, it's hard to believe that the energetic and eclectic vibe of Key West is just a short drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Parrot Key Hotel and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parrot Key Hotel Key West
- Parrot Key Beach Hotel
- Parrot Key Beach West
- Parrot Key Hotel And Resort Key West, Florida