We spent only one night, unfortunately, at Parrot Key this past weekend and we had a lovely experience. I'm not sure if we were so enamored with this spot due to our horrendous experience in South Beach the few nights before or what but we definitely are fans! There was only 1 little hiccup and although it did follow hotel policy, I've never in all my travels experienced it. We drove down from Miami and arrived around 3:30. When we walked into the reception area there were people taking up every seat. At first I thought they were waiting for a tour or something but when I walked up to check in I was told that our room was not yet ready. The front desk gal reminded us that check-in is at 4:00, another pet peeve of mine, I mean come on people, check in is at 4:00 and check out is 11:00 am, that's not even 24 hours. We decided to head to the bar for a drink and wait and were told they would call us when our room was ready. I will admit it was rather serendipitous as the friendly bartender gave us the low-down on where to have dinner that night. We cancelled our existing reservation and took her advice to go to Louie's backyard and it was fabulous!!! At around 4:05 we were called and told our room was ready. Another little issue is the parking. We had a room all the way in the back on the end. The lot is not that big to begin with and the over-flow has to park at the Walgreen's next door. Once we entered our room, all was forgotten though. I would suggest to pay up for the rooms that are on the sand, it's like having your own private beach. The rooms are very spacious, nicely decorated, perfect cool temperature and the beds are very comfy but watch that first step, it's a killer, the beds are VERY high. We proceeded to relax both on the adirondeck chairs on our porch and the lounge chairs in the sand. We did take a dip in one of the 4 pools on the property. I love the fact that it's spread out enough that at the time we were there we had a very quiet pool experience. The grounds are very lush and you almost feel like you're in a labyrinth. I would highly recommend this resort and we are already planning a trip back, The location is a short drive to town so that might be a negative for a few people but we loved the solitude.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Parrot Key Resort is an idyllic Key West hideaway, offering simple luxury, comfort and style in a serene waterfront haven. Five acres of tropical gardens surround Parrot Key, with pretty paths meandering through colorful foliage. Four sparkling pools are nestled among their own private sculpture gardens with whimsical art capturing your attention at every turn. The poolside Café Blue offers a range of refreshing drinks and island cuisine, where you can simply sit back and listen to the sound of serenity. Planning is simple here, with onsite watersports and a complimentary beach shuttle waiting to whisk you away to nearby Smathers Beach. Or simply relax and watch the sun go down from our sunset pier. Space out in a suite or a three-bedroom villa, including a living room and soothing treetop balconies. You can also unwind in a waterfront guestroom, equipped with your own white sand terrace. Each guestroom, suite and villa at Parrot Key boasts spectacular views of either lush gardens or the calm waters of Florida Bay. Experience the Key West you've always dreamed of with endless sunshine, glorious sunsets, and incomparable charm. From your peaceful haven at Parrot Key Resort, it's hard to believe that the energetic and eclectic vibe of Key West is just a short drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Parrot Key Hotel and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parrot Key Hotel Key West
- Parrot Key Beach Hotel
- Parrot Key Beach West
- Parrot Key Hotel And Resort Key West, Florida