“wonderful place, wonderful staff, and wonderful services.”

Parrot Key Hotel and Resort
Ranked #31 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 12 January 2010

Parrot Keys is not only an awsome resort, but also has wonderful staff like Ursula, Melissa and house keepers. Their service is the best. Staff are very courteous and attentive. Its location is convenient to get to and from the airport, close by Walgreen and grocery stores and not too far from a golf course and Key West downtown. We got one 2 bedroom suite, very new unit. It was beautiful, clean and there were a flat screen TV w/DVD player in every room. The free high speed internet was very fast and easy to connect. The first day we checked in a few things missings like towels, iron, hangers etc. However, they arrived at our unit right away after we informed the front desk. There was no refrigerator but it was installed at the end of our trip. It did not bother us. I like everything about the resort except the room rate . It was a little pricey for the room because it was a busy holiday season. I would recommend my friends to stay at Parrot Keys.

Family from Illinois

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 January 2010

Great hotel, wonderful staff: thanks for the recommendations Shawn!
One small suggestion for the hotel: stack a few extra towels.
Tip: if you do a reservation for 4 on the phone, they'll try to push you to get the 3 bedroom cabin. Don't fall for it, the third bedroom on the 3rd floor has a sofa-bed and no balcony. Useless for us. The rest of the cabin was great.
During our stay Key West was very cold, so we did not get to take advantage of the pool or catch any sun, so we'll be returning during summer.
Need a car to visit Downtown KW!! Ask the front desk for parking advice...

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2010

First off let me say that the resort is very pretty. The front desk service was a little desirable, but the bar staff was GREAT. The room was great, but lacked what you would think a resort would have in extras. Top line on everything they did have. They did not cut corners on building the rooms. No gym though and we did have to request out room to be cleaned every day we were there. The staff was very friendly though. No room service. But there is a grocery store across the street which we utilized to buy fruit and beverages at. The gardens and pools were great. You felt as if you were in a private island when you were in the resort. I would recommend renting a car if you did not drive there or at the least rent some bikes or scooters to get down to downtown. You can walk if you are up to it. We did that and had the time of our life. Ask for Jennie at the bar she knows alot about the area and is super funny. Sean at the front desk knows of free parking areas which are very hard to find down town. Jesse at the water tours is a native of the keys and he was great a recommending different tours and fun facts of the area.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2010

This is by far one of the nicest places I have stayed and I have stayed in a lot of top hotels. I loved having a house-type atmosphere with full kitchen, spacious accommodations, and beautiful surroundings. However, they still need to work out some kinks. The service was very poor. I thought I had left my hairdryer and hair straightener at the hotel and spoke to Melissa at the front desk about it - after spending $3,000 there you would think I would get more respect than I did. She was very rude, unprofessional, and could not take the time to check with housekeeping as to whether they located my lost belongings. She really soured the whole experience for me. Also, the staff is generally very lazy - none of the restaurant workers walk around the pools to see if you want drinks or food, even though they do server drinks and food poolside. It is very strange that they don't try and make money this way. The workers just stand around in the cafe and shoot the breeze without doing much work. Also, they are very stingy with pool towels and only keep them near the cafe so you have to walk a far ways from the outer pool to get them. With all that said, I did love the resort and my favorite thing to do was ride bikes into town. I highly recommend renting bikes instead of driving into town or taking a taxi. It is a very enjoyable way to get around Key West.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank shantho
Reviewed 3 January 2010

We made these reservations for new years eve and were delighted by the size of the unit, as well as the balconies and Adirondack chairs. The pelicans actually came close enough I could hear their wings cut through the air! The only real drawback was that the walk to old town was pretty substantial--close to an hour and a half. On the other hand, it is conveniently located next to Walgreens and a number of other businesses. There is a beach area with lounges and cabanas, but mangroves separate the beach from the water.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Strombeekasaurus
Reviewed 2 January 2010

I have not stayed at the resort, but I just spent 30 minutes on the phone with Amy - the resort's customer service representative - booking a trip for my parents to Parrot Key in 2010. She deserves special mention due to her utmost professionalism, guidance on dates of stay, and activities people of various ages can enjoy when at Parrot Key (and in Key West). I am beyond impressed with how she answered all of my questions and her patience and kindness in doing so. I wish there were more Amy's in today's customer service industry!

Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AdventureGibson
Reviewed 24 December 2009

The wife and I spent two nights at this Key West gem thanks to the many positive reviews on this site. We've stayed in Key West many times before at all varous types of hotels, B&Bs etc, but this was stood out.

Pros
The place is immaculate, the grounds are lush and beautifully landscaped and the pool areas (4 in total) were almost sanctuary like - in true key west B&B fashion. We had a three story 2 bedroom townhome, that was spacious and very well appointed - great appliances, 4 flat screens, 3 balconies - I'd say easily big enough to hold a family of 6, or 8 in a pinch. The hotelier's clearly put a lot of thought into the theme - though for some reason we couldn't find a can opener ;-)

Cons:
Though the grounds with their lush landscaping and intricate patheways creates this peaceful sanctuary, they could do a better job securing the property's perimeter. I was surprised that you could literally walk right into this area from the main road without being met by anyone on the hotel staff, or a single security gate.

Also did not have a great experience with the hotel staff at the front desk. Wasn't certain if this was because it was close to Xmas and the primary staff were off, but it did feel like some basic training was lacking. For instance, when we arrived our room wasn't ready so we headed into town and asked to be called when it was. They never called us and offered no apology upon our return.

Lastly, parking was limited and semi-challenging - I'd recommend taking a taxi into town

In closing, for the money, a fantastic place to stay, particularly if you're looking for a quieter type of Key West getaway and their spacious townhome options just can't be beat.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ipodyguy