“wonderful and so relaxing - great staff & hospitality”

Parrot Key Hotel and Resort
Ranked #30 of 51 Hotels in Key West
COLUMBUS, OHIO
“wonderful and so relaxing - great staff & hospitality”
Reviewed 8 January 2011

had an opportunity to stay at "parrot key" - what a great place - rooms very spacious & clean - staff exceptional and very nice - would recommed to anyone going to key west

Stayed January 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,057)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tahoe City, California
Reviewed 8 January 2011

Me and my wife have been traveling from California over the last few weeks and decided to do the new year holiday in Key West. We stayed at Parrot Key for four nights and were delighted by the resort. It really was one of my favorite stops in my travels. Great knowledgable employees,many pools and very tropical plants on the grounds,large clean well furnished room. With all the crazy night life of downtown it was great to have our little quite "hide-away" , we even had a pool to our selfs one night, I have nothing but good things to say,and will be the only place I stay if on future visits to Key West.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed 8 January 2011

We are a retired couple that ha d never been to Key West before. Enjoyed our stay very much. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They helped find restaurants each night we were there. The pools and landscaping were amazing.
We stayed in a traditional hotel room that far exceeded our expectations. This is a great place to stay. . Very quiet.

Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
West Palm Beach
Reviewed 6 January 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my friend for my b-day in Nov. The grounds and the rooms look nice. My friend checked the mattress upon arrival and found fesh blood stains and pubic hair. The front desk girl was not interested in solving our problem of being grossed out, her reponse was "we have no ther rooms" Sean, the mgr on duty was WONDERFUL and really tried to help. He should get a raise. However at the end of our stay our bill was so screwed up that I am still, 2 mos later trying to fix it. I was over charged twice and my friend was actually paid to stay there. I have called twice and they can not get it right.I am leaving it in the hands of American Express. I would NEVER stay there again, the staff is very poorly trained and uninterested in customer satisfaction. And if you stay there...make sure to check your mattress upon arrival and your bill when you check out!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
Rosemount, Minnesota
Reviewed 5 January 2011

My family travels frequently for business and leisure. The staff at Parrot Key excelled in providing the service that makes you want to return. They answered my questions prior to arrival and even found a great restaurant for a great New Year's Eve dinner at the last minute, since I forgot to make reservations. Every call was promptly returned both prior to and while at the resort in a friendly and helpful manner. When one family member left an item behind, the staff found it, returned the call promptly, and forwarded it to her.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Hartland, Vermont
Reviewed 4 January 2011

I loved my stay here, there are four gorgeous pools surrounded by lush, tropical plants, and amazing art work from around the wold. The cottage looked like it was out of an architectural magazine and was done up to the highest standard. The staff were spectacular and the Blue Cafe was friendly and had great food and great value. We went out on the jet skis one afternoon for an adventure I will never forget....all and all a great holiday!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Marathon, Florida
Reviewed 4 January 2011

We absolutely LOVE staying at Parrot Key. The property is beautifully landscaped and well maintained. The villas are tastefully decorated keys style and the beds are the most comfortable beds you'll ever sleep on! We really enjoyed the sandy patio right off our back patio, the pool, and a balcony right off one of the bedrooms for a peaceful retreat is just lovely. We will definitely come back again and again to Parrot Key for girls weekend in Key West!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends