“Unexpected awesomeness ”

Mellow Cafe and Gastropub
Ranked #169 of 466 Restaurants in Key West
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Description: Mellow Cafe and Gastropub is located next to the water in the heart of old town key west offering unique island fare with an eclectic mellow atmosphere to match. Fresh, locally-sourced produce. Vegan and Vegetarian Options. Best tacos in town. Free Delivery.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I popped in on a whim because I liked the sign. The bartender was really sweet and the food was great! The magician was amazing. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Wonderful time. Great magician right on water. Good food. Perfect off the beaten path spot. Great farmers market on Wednesdays.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

"$7 apps during happy hour" is salsa and chips (really?) and three different soups. We walked over 2 miles to get here for that(??) We kept walking. I found out later why I could not find their webpage or menu, it's part of mellow outfitters webpage.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Love coming here!
Great mix of locals/regulars and out-of-towners keeps things fun and interesting.
Mega craft brews on tap and a no cost pool table, but family friendly, too.
Food is a great mix of familiar and eclectic, you can eat in or outside and the service and servers are the best on the island!
And don’t forget to check out there happy hour specials.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Our family went to dinner, the small restaurant was pretty empty. It’s kind of a fast food place, you order at the register, and sit until the dinner is brought to you.
Food was very good, fresh lemonade and guacamole outstanding, fresh fish nice, price a bit expensive for the venue, and service borderline poor.
It’s a small place, with a bar and few small tables inside. There are too long tables outside close to the water. We chose to eat outside, however, there were lots of flies bothering us during the dinner, just disturbing.
The catch of the day tacos were very good, with a small side of rice and beans but the rice seemed.
If given the chance, I’d probably go back. I left with mixed feelings about this place. They do have potential to do much better!

roboliverio73, Owner at Mellow Cafe and Gastropub, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

I hope you do come back and give us another chance. The flies, I agree were taking over for a while. They fish next door and that attracts the flies. We are trying all types tricks and products to control them. We also believe we have the full potential to make your next experience a 5 star.
Rob