“Spooky and interesting”
Review of Key West Cemetery

Key West Cemetery
Ranked #29 of 168 things to do in Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: A very unusual cemetery - several graves have humorous epitaphs (e.g., "I told you I was sick").
Rochester, NY
146 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 160 helpful votes
“Spooky and interesting”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We probably should've looked into this a little more prioer to walking there because it was hot and we ended up being on the wrong side of the place so couldn't get in. Anyway, you should check it out if you haven't seen it. The graves are above ground and families just "stack" so few are in the ground. Some areas are a little more run down than others. Try to find out the "places to see" before you go because you could be wandering for ages.

Visited May 2014

• Polish first
Melbourne, Florida
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Stick to the paved roads”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Cemeteries always have a lot of history. This one has a pamphlet you can get at the entrance that has those interesting facts you are looking for. There are iguanas all over, but they are more afraid of you. If you walk in the grass, you will get a lot of "stick tights" stuck to your socks and shoes.

Visited May 2014
Alameda, California
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Very profound and peaceful to walk through this place...”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I enjoy a good cemetery and this one did not disappoint. I didn't find the famous headstone that is supposed to say "I told you I wasn't feeling well" but lord knows I looked for it. Very unique monuments while iguanas and lizards run over them is worth going to see for yourself.

Rockford, Illinois
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Needs help”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I love old cemeteries but this one is different. The cemetery needs some TLC. Lots of it. As my friend said "it's depressing". Nothing but old, unkept graves as far as the eye can see. No green grass, no flowers at the graves....nothing.

Raleigh, North Carolina
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Interesting”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My sister and I rode our bikes around many of the streets within the cemetery. Stopping to read a great many gravestones helped us to understand and appreciate the history of Key West. We found it very interesting.