“Old KW cemetery”
Review of Key West Cemetery

Key West Cemetery
Ranked #26 of 180 things to do in Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: A very unusual cemetery - several graves have humorous epitaphs (e.g., "I told you I was sick").
Reviewed 9 August 2014

An old cemetery. My relatives of long ago, early 1800's until more recent years are buried there. Big family, lots of grave sites. In the cemetery, one head stone reads, "I told you I was sick." Dry English humor. If you drive around the outside of the cemetery you will see some unique trees such as the sausage tree with large, long sausages hanging from it, poinciana trees, etc. If you are into old cemeteries it is worth a visit or if you want to see a part of KW history it's worth a visit.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

My teenage daughters thought it was quite strange to visit a cemetery, but on tandem bikes they were stuck doing what my wife and I decided to do. So, bike to this cemetery we did. It was hot, but good free fun. Lots a interesting tombstones plus birds and iguanas. I'd recommend visiting if you have bikes. Worth at least 10 minutes of your time.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

You are reminded of New Orleans when you visit the Key West Cemetery.Bodies and vaults are above ground and there is a lot of history everywhere.The memorial to the Maine disaster was interesting.We spent an hour soaking in the history.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

The Key West Cemetery is similar to most historic graveyards, except for the army of Iguanas patrolling the grounds. Good for a quiet walk to admire the art of the memorials, or to check out the variety of reptiles crawling over them, soaking up the sun.

1  Thank Brett R
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Lots of history and a very interesting. We took the self walking tour. and learned so much about what we had already seen in Key WEst. Great quiet adventure.