“Wonderful Place to Stay”

Pier House Resort & Spa
Ranked #14 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I would give the service higher than 5 stars if I could. I've never seen someone run to open a door for me until I went to Pier House. Everyone we encountered was extremely polite and friendly. Heather (at Front Desk) made us feel welcome each time we came in the door. Food at the restaurants was very good, room was small but nice, location was perfect - at the end of Duval and Front Street. We were at the beginning of everything and next to Mallory Square. Trolleys all start within a couple of blocks, there are restaurants both at the hotel and close to hotel, pool is very nice and warm - even has restaurant/bar service at pool and beach. The only reason I gave 4 stars for value is that everything is so expensive in Key West. If you're planning a trip to Key West, this is the place to stay!

2  Thank RetiredCokeTraveler
KFountain, eMarketing Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

Thank you for the compliments and taking the time out to write a review. I will make certain all the kudos are shared with the staff. We're very proud of the way they try and make each and every guest feel welcome and at home.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,422)

Reviewed 15 May 2012

My husband and I spent Mother's Day at the Pier House Resort and Spa. Since it was our first visit to Key West, we splurged on a room with a view overlooking the water. Now that we've visited the resort, my husband and I were happy with our decision. It's definitely the way to go --- the other rooms overlook common courtyards and the parking lot, leaving much to be desired as far as privacy is concerned.

The room was clean and nicely appointed. The toiletries in the bathroom, however, were pretty average. The staff was friendly and courteous.

The pool and beach were small --- if looking for a beach getaway, visit South Beach, Miami instead. However, the location was great. Situated in Old Town, Key West, the hotel was within walking distance of tons of attractions. The only hike was to the buoy marking the southernmost point of Key West. Additionally, it was the perfect spot for viewing the sunset.

Bottom line: Average resort at Ritz-Carlton prices.

Room Tip: Splurge on a room with a view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Dawkito20
Reviewed 14 May 2012

My husband and I have been going to Key West since 1989, and our favorite hotel is still the Pier House. On our most recent visit, May 7-May 11, we found the staff to still be friendly and helpful as always, but were especially impressed by Elvis the beach attendant. He kept the beach neat and clean, and once he knew where we wanted to sit, he had our chairs and towels ready and waiting each day. We can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: We requested away from elevator and ice machine. We also requested a balcony. We were in the least...
2  Thank emily y
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Perfect location in Key West. It is in walking distance to Mallory Square and many, many restaurants. You don't need a car if you stay here! There is a CVS across the street which is convienent. The staff is SUPER friendly and helpful. Our Carribean Spa Room was beautifully furnished & spacious and had a very large balcony. The food at the resort's restaurants was very good! This resort has it's own beach which isn't very large but I found it to be adequate. There is someone at the beach to assist with your lounge chair & beach towel and someone to take your drink order.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 May 2012 via mobile

We staid at the pier house every year and love the hotel and servise they have a great location at the dual and spa is the best food is exelente I had only one issue I took a cab from the airport but when I was going to airport back the bellman called me a hayatt van and I spand on waiting almost 20 minutes and and up paying same amount. Please tale a yellow or pink cab do not take a van Audrey Johnson

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Smaximilian
Reviewed 12 May 2012

We stayed at the Pier House from April 26th-29th with my parents who have been staying here for years. What can I say? They know how to pick a hotel. Every single staff member that we encountered was friendly and accommodating. Check in was easy and our bags were taken to our rooms along with a short intro to the hotel. The entire hotel is beautiful and the gardens around the pool were gorgeous. The rooms were extremely nice, spotless and very comfortable and you can't beat the location.

We did breakfast each morning at the HarbourView Café and it was always delicious. We also had lunch at the pool bar one day and it was really great too. You get TONS of food for the money. Jenny and Mary, our bartenders at the pool bar, were awesome. Get the Piña Colada with a floater. Just do it. Trust me. We did have a few drinks at the Chart Room but the weather was so great we spent most of our time at the pool bar.

The beach and pool areas were really nice. The water was too cold for us but we laid out in the sun a few hours each day soaking up the Piña Coladas and watching the boats roll in.

Overall this is an amazing hotel. We're already starting to plan our trip back in September and you can bet we'll be staying at the Pier House!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank brezobonita
Reviewed 11 May 2012

It was our first time to the keys we decided to to stay in Key West at the Pier House Resort & Carribean Spa. Four nights and 5 days and we barely scratched the surface of all the fun we could have. We did rent a couple of scooters to get around and it was well worth it, it made getting around town much quicker although you can't drink and drive.LOL Food was great every where we went never had a bad meal or drink. One restuarant that sticks out was Michaels, a great atmosphere it reminded us of a small Philly place we used to go excellent meal and desert....

2  Thank jvigilante1