“My favorite place...”

Ranked #18 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Annapolis, Maryland
“My favorite place...”
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I have traveled to Key West three times for business and pleasure, and I will always stay at the Pier House. The accommodations, the service, the cleanliness, the beach/amenities, and the proximity to all of the great goings on in town make it the very best. I highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Go for water front. The view can't be beat.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank erobuck
KFountain, eMarketing Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
We're always pleased to have you back. Thank you for the review and your continued patronage! Hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (685)
  • Hungarian first
New Jersey
Reviewed 16 July 2012

My husband and I stayed at The Pier House July 7-14 and had a wonderful stay. The location can't be beat, it's right at the very end of Duvall and there's a ton of shops/bars/restaurants, and there are also places to rent scooters and book your activities. Oh and the CVS directly across the driveway came in handy many times.

I was concerned about arriving late (driving from Miami, our first time to Key West so we opted to drive) and called the hotel manager prior to our arrival to express concern over possibly being bumped to a room we didn't request because of our arrival time, and was assured we would get what we asked for. Which we did! Harborview room 308 was perfect, in my opinion. The view overlooking the beach, harbor, restaurant, etc was great, there was always something to watch from the great sunsets to all of the activity on the water. There were constantly boats, jet skis, etc going by (pretty quietly, being 3 floors up) which was interesting to see. And there is a lizard that likes to park himself out on the rock below the balcony every day.

The room was clean, well appointed (I loved the big walk in shower) and the housekeeping was swift and never missed anything. They never bugged us when our Do Not Disturb sign was on (that's happened, believe me) and one day when we came back to the room after breakfast and they hadn't arrived yet, I called down to let them know we must've missed them and they said they'd send them right up, which they did because we came back a short time later and the room was nice and neat. Conserving water is a big deal to us (and the hotel) so we made sure to not request new towels unnecessarily but they usually gave us a nice handful anyway. The chairs out on the balcony were really comfortable for reading or just watching or having a drink, and they didn't stay wet too long (which is great, cause it did rain a bit every day).

The only issue I had (and that's why sleep quality didn't get 5 points) was that the sliding door in the room above us was so loud, that every time they opened it/closed it, I thought it was thunder and it would wake me up if I was asleep. It was like they were moving all of the furniture around up there. I originally thought maybe there was construction, but no, figured out it was the sliding door. Other than that, the bed was really comfortable. My husband and I both have minor back issues and we felt great in this king size bed. The air conditioning was powerful too, and the ceiling fan really kicked up some breeze! Perfect for us!

The restaurants had really good food, and a nice variety. Room service was really quick and they never forgot anything. The Chart Room bar was very friendly, the popcorn was great, and so was the conversation. Nice little place tucked in by the pool/lobby opens at 4:30. Go look for it!

The beach bar is great for a quick lunch while in your bathing suit, or a nice drink. I also would sit there without ordering anything when I needed to get out of the sun and the staff always told me to just stay right there, no worries. Lots of fans overhead to give you a nice breeze when there isn't any.

The beach is great, the staff was so attentive, carried over loungers, a table, and towels for us, they even set up the chairs with the beach towel for you, and then set up another for a "pillow" for your head. And the waiters came by frequently to make sure you had your drink. The water was great, perfect temperature and very clear. I did not go to the pool at all but it looked good to me!

I did have a massage while there at the spa and the area is lovely and has anything you need for when you are done. Hair dryer, water, razors, combs, etc. Oh and the massage was great too!

The concierge was very helpful to us one evening when we wanted to book a sunset cruise in deciding which one was right for us, booking it, and just billing it to the room. All I had to do was show up!

Take advantage of all the hotel has to offer, but don't forget to go out and experience some great bars/restaurants in the area. The wharf is a great place to just watch the boats in the docks and have some great conversation with your bartender at Conch Republic Seafood. We also went to A&B Lobster House, Sloppy Joe's, Fogarty's, Two Friends (great breakfast), Fat Tuesdays for margaritas, The Smallest Bar In The World (just to say we had been), Willie T's for some great music, Irish Kevin's, Hot Tin Roof (get the antipasto app and a Hot Tin Tini!) and a host of others. You'll find what you're looking for just by walking down the street!

Room Tip: Harborside rooms have great sunsets. Get a higher floor so you can see all of the goings on in the h...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank lilaimee
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. I'm delighted to hear all your positive feedback but disappointed to learn that the sliding door above your room hindered your sleep. I will make sure to share your comments with the maintenance staff so they can investigate the loud door. We hope to see you again should your travel plans take you back to Key West!
Montvale, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Great Location--don't have to walk far to enjoy a sunset, great meal, trolley to tour the island, shops and restaurants. Its safe and clean and the staff was wonderful.

Room Tip: Next time I visit Key West, I'm staying at the Pier House. It was the best choice. The room was...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Linds D
New Hampshire
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Pier House is an awesome place to stay. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Merry the bartender in the Chart Room was funny, friendly and helpful. I will come back here again! Great sunset view from the pier...better than Mallory Square. Key Lime Pina Colada's were to die for and the Lobster BLT was the best thing I ate on my whole vacation! Beautiful grounds and well kept. Major Kudos to this hotel!!!

Room Tip: If you paying for a traditional room....splurge for the ones with the ocean view. It will be well wo...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank lmb817
KFountain, eMarketing Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review and are pleased to hear you enjoyed the drinks, food, and staff! Thanks also for sharing photos!
Coral Gables, Florida
Reviewed 13 July 2012 via mobile

We stayed in the Harbour Parlor Suite and paid $428 a night. The room had a beautiful view of the water however we could barely move in the balcony since it was so small. The furniture showed wear and tear, the elevators and hallway entrance door to the room also were not well maintained. The room was quiet which was nice and if you want a beach it looked nice but small and crowded. The staff was friendly and the grounds were nicely landscaped. Ok, but we won't be staying there again.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MarthaMM
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the Suite. I have shared your comments with the maintenance and housekeeping departments so they may review further. I do hope you will try us again if you are ever in Key West.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 12 July 2012

This resort has a great location. It is one of the few hotels on the island that offers its own beach. The rooms are beautiful-especially the Dockside suites! They have an infinity balcony that overlooks the Gulf.

Room Tip: The Dockside suites are the way to go. Great views!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank keywester25
Rochester, NY
Reviewed 12 July 2012

This place is great. It really has everything you need. From the sea side restaurant, to the beach bar, to the lush gardens, everything was amazing. Next time I think we will choose a harbor view room to make our stay even more great. Customer service was great.

If I had to complain about something it would be the spa. Overpriced and they ended up cutting one of my toes during my pedicure.

The location cannot be beat. I am SO READY to go back!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple