“Excellent stay at the Pier house!!!”

Pier House Resort & Spa
Ranked #20 of 51 Hotels in Key West
pennsylvania
“Excellent stay at the Pier house!!!”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I have nothing but postive comments about this hotel. It was beautiful from the lobby to the room. My kids loved the beach area. Pleanty of room to swim and play. Pool and hot tub were also very nice. We ate at the beach restaurant and loved the lobster sliders. Every staff member we came in contact with was incredibly gracious and friendly. My husband loved the Chart Room Bar. It is close to everything and yet very quiet and private. The lanai room was more than adequate for 4 people and it had a great shower. We loved this resort so much we stayed an extra day!!

Room Tip: Lanai rooms are great.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank steph4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (669)
  • Hungarian first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We were there for a week. The staff was Great, helpful and friendly. This was our first time in Key West,we plan to come back every year and stay at Pier House. It was very clean.the room was very nice.the bathroom was big and very nice.the bed was SO comfortable. the private beach and pool were also great. I didn't want to leave. This is the place to stay,Hands Down.We loved it there and we will see them next year.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jim D
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I stayed with friends, in a balcony room. The view was tropical and private. The room is tight for 2 Queen beds, luggage, and people. The bathroom is large, but the sink area counter space is limited. The shower was great, but afterwards we found out the glass door leaks, and we had a nice puddle. Water pressure was good, for the Keys. The fit and trim of the room is beautiful. The tiling is first rate. Parking is close, and included in the room price (which is not always the case in KW. Need to check every place to see if parking is included, or if you have to park on the street - no fun, when you have to hunt for a space). Safety is a prime concern, and we felt safe the whole time we stayed there. There is a safe in the room, which is very nice. We had limited interaction with the staff. Everyone was polite and smiling. We enjoyed the beach area, pool, and hot tub. Lots of variety, which you do not get at other Key West hotels. If you go to Key West, get a Mojto at the latin bar/restaurant, they don't use a Mojito mix, they make it from scratch, right as you exit Mallory Square next to the Cuban cutouts. The bar tenders were great and the latin band was fun, on a hot July night. Breakfast at Pepe's on Caroline street; lunch at Blue Heaven; I was disappointed to see Fast Buck Freddies turned into an art gallery. Don't get me wrong, the art was okay, but FBF has been such a fixture on Duval for so many years. I did find the FBF furniture/accessory store on Caroline Street. They were very nice, and let us in the store, before it opened at 10am. Sunset alternative to Mallory Square, is at the top of the La Concha. I have never used the bar there, just went up to see the island view, so I can't comment on quality. As always, people watching is spectacular. Not excited to see the town, when the cruise ships dock. It really is like ants leaving the mound. That's when you go back to your nice hotel and hit the pool, etc.

Room Tip: I would not suggest spending the extra money for a balcony in the summer months. It is so hot, you...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank whitebirdofparadise
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I was in Key West for a night and spent the night at the Pier House.. It was the best accommodation I have experienced In America so far. I got a standard room and it had a nice BIG shower a great bed and a nice flat screen TV. The private beach and customer service was also great and I got a good nights sleep and thats what I really needed.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Freestylebulet
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 19 July 2012

From the moment you enter the property and the bell hop greets you, one of the best experiences you'll ever have at at resort hotel will begin. The advertisement for the hotel is exactly what you will get. The private beach, pool, bar, restaurant and especially the attentive staff
make your vacation extremely enjoyable. The concierge is very helpful in assisting in all most
anything you wish to do from mailing packages to restaurant reservations and recommendations
regarding key west. My sisters and i had been there from june 28, 2012 thru july 03, 2012
and whenever we return to key west that is the only hotel we will consider.

Room Tip: if you want a room with a king size bed overlooking the pool and the ocean with a balcony - request...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank casablanca328
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I have traveled to Key West three times for business and pleasure, and I will always stay at the Pier House. The accommodations, the service, the cleanliness, the beach/amenities, and the proximity to all of the great goings on in town make it the very best. I highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Go for water front. The view can't be beat.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank erobuck
KFountain, eMarketing Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
We're always pleased to have you back. Thank you for the review and your continued patronage! Hope to see you again soon.
New Jersey
Reviewed 16 July 2012

My husband and I stayed at The Pier House July 7-14 and had a wonderful stay. The location can't be beat, it's right at the very end of Duvall and there's a ton of shops/bars/restaurants, and there are also places to rent scooters and book your activities. Oh and the CVS directly across the driveway came in handy many times.

I was concerned about arriving late (driving from Miami, our first time to Key West so we opted to drive) and called the hotel manager prior to our arrival to express concern over possibly being bumped to a room we didn't request because of our arrival time, and was assured we would get what we asked for. Which we did! Harborview room 308 was perfect, in my opinion. The view overlooking the beach, harbor, restaurant, etc was great, there was always something to watch from the great sunsets to all of the activity on the water. There were constantly boats, jet skis, etc going by (pretty quietly, being 3 floors up) which was interesting to see. And there is a lizard that likes to park himself out on the rock below the balcony every day.

The room was clean, well appointed (I loved the big walk in shower) and the housekeeping was swift and never missed anything. They never bugged us when our Do Not Disturb sign was on (that's happened, believe me) and one day when we came back to the room after breakfast and they hadn't arrived yet, I called down to let them know we must've missed them and they said they'd send them right up, which they did because we came back a short time later and the room was nice and neat. Conserving water is a big deal to us (and the hotel) so we made sure to not request new towels unnecessarily but they usually gave us a nice handful anyway. The chairs out on the balcony were really comfortable for reading or just watching or having a drink, and they didn't stay wet too long (which is great, cause it did rain a bit every day).

The only issue I had (and that's why sleep quality didn't get 5 points) was that the sliding door in the room above us was so loud, that every time they opened it/closed it, I thought it was thunder and it would wake me up if I was asleep. It was like they were moving all of the furniture around up there. I originally thought maybe there was construction, but no, figured out it was the sliding door. Other than that, the bed was really comfortable. My husband and I both have minor back issues and we felt great in this king size bed. The air conditioning was powerful too, and the ceiling fan really kicked up some breeze! Perfect for us!

The restaurants had really good food, and a nice variety. Room service was really quick and they never forgot anything. The Chart Room bar was very friendly, the popcorn was great, and so was the conversation. Nice little place tucked in by the pool/lobby opens at 4:30. Go look for it!

The beach bar is great for a quick lunch while in your bathing suit, or a nice drink. I also would sit there without ordering anything when I needed to get out of the sun and the staff always told me to just stay right there, no worries. Lots of fans overhead to give you a nice breeze when there isn't any.

The beach is great, the staff was so attentive, carried over loungers, a table, and towels for us, they even set up the chairs with the beach towel for you, and then set up another for a "pillow" for your head. And the waiters came by frequently to make sure you had your drink. The water was great, perfect temperature and very clear. I did not go to the pool at all but it looked good to me!

I did have a massage while there at the spa and the area is lovely and has anything you need for when you are done. Hair dryer, water, razors, combs, etc. Oh and the massage was great too!

The concierge was very helpful to us one evening when we wanted to book a sunset cruise in deciding which one was right for us, booking it, and just billing it to the room. All I had to do was show up!

Take advantage of all the hotel has to offer, but don't forget to go out and experience some great bars/restaurants in the area. The wharf is a great place to just watch the boats in the docks and have some great conversation with your bartender at Conch Republic Seafood. We also went to A&B Lobster House, Sloppy Joe's, Fogarty's, Two Friends (great breakfast), Fat Tuesdays for margaritas, The Smallest Bar In The World (just to say we had been), Willie T's for some great music, Irish Kevin's, Hot Tin Roof (get the antipasto app and a Hot Tin Tini!) and a host of others. You'll find what you're looking for just by walking down the street!

Room Tip: Harborside rooms have great sunsets. Get a higher floor so you can see all of the goings on in the h...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank lilaimee
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. I'm delighted to hear all your positive feedback but disappointed to learn that the sliding door above your room hindered your sleep. I will make sure to share your comments with the maintenance staff so they can investigate the loud door. We hope to see you again should your travel plans take you back to Key West!