“Perfect Weekend Getaway”

Pier House Resort & Spa
Ranked #14 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We planned a last minute trip to the Pier House for a birthday celebration. Upon arrival we were greeted with friendly staff and easy check in. We then spoke to the concierge (Lee i believe) who was extremely helpful in informing us of events we would enjoy throughout the weekend including a sunset cruise he booked for us as well as allowed easy room charge. Amenities order to my surprise prior to arrival included flowers, champagne, and chocolate covered fruit were fabulous. On site parking allowed for easy and care free parking where i car remained for the weekend since we walked every where since the location is perfect for hitting the sites and the town. Upon out departure Mike at the front desk gave us great local secrets to make a fun trip back to Fort Lauderdale including some hidden swim & jump spots driving up the keys.I would absolutely return to the hotel in hopes to enjoy more time by the pool and private beach as well as taking advantage of the spa. We would recommend it others traveling to Key West.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa. I am glad that you enjoyed your time at the resort and took full advantage of all of it's benefits. On your next visit, please visit our website as you will find the best available rates offered there. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Joe Dantoni

Write a ReviewReviews (2,441)

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Our first time in Key West. So glad we picked this hotel. Such a beautiful hotel on the water with views of the Gulf. Hotel was always maintained to perfection and the staff was always pleasantly waiting to help with anything you might need. Small quiet beach, perfect for a quick dip in the gulf or watching the sunset. Close to the fun and entertainment of Mallory square. Food at the Harborview Café was always amazing as was the staff. Definitely the resort to stay at.

Room Tip: The rooms with a water view is definitely the room to choose. Quiet with a beautiful view!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CR815H0ugh

I am glad that you enjoyed your time at the Pier House and took advantage of all of it's great amenities. On your next visit, take advantage of our fantastic Spa as we have the only full service spa on the island. Thank you gain and I look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I took a corporate group here for our annual meeting. It was absolutely amazing and everyone loved it! The property is gorgeous and the catering staff did a fabulous job with the food and service. Everyone was so pleasant and extremely accommodating to any and all needs. They had a nice little private beach with a large floating pier in the water...so cool. The pool was nice and secluded. The meeting rooms where we held all our meetings was also very nice. Very quiet and clean. The spa was elegant and about 12 people got massages and talked about how fabulous it was all night. Also, the Wine Galley, where we had our lunches was another amazing spot. The view was gorgeous. They wound up putting me in the Pier House suites and it was absolutely mind-blowing. The wrap around patio was the best part and the views were unbeatable. TV in the bathroom, separate living room....I felt like a celebrity :) Again, I already miss the patio! They even left me a nice bottle of wine, including glasses, a card, a pier house bottle opener and a nice carrying case, which was chilling on ice when I got back to my room after lunch. It was such a nice touch. I will never hesitate to recommend this resort to anyone traveling to Key West, either personally or on business. The location is unbeatable as you walk outside the resort and you're right there on Duval where all the great restaurants, bars and shops were. But yet, it was so nice and quiet inside the resort! You can also rent bikes, mopeds and jet ski's right there. I personally can not wait to go back and stay there again in the future! Go get the Pier House Resort and Spa experience for yourself - you will not regret it!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Heather A

Heather, thank you for the nice comments and I am glad that you and your group enjoyed your time at the Pier House Resort and Spa. I look forward to hosting your group in the future and please let is know if you are coming down for some R&R.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Great spot, friendly staff.

They do not have a happy hour or beach umbrellas, so go to the tiki bar for drink specials and good food.

The beach towel guys are the most friendly and will take good care of you on the beach.

• Stayed: October 2013
Joe D, Front Office Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for your taking the time to fill out a survey. In regards to happy hour, we do have live music playing on the beach every day from noon to 3pm and from 4pm to 7pm. The music is great and our guest really enjoy it. Thank you again for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

WE CANT WAIT TO COME BACK! You felt like not just a guest, but a friend! I would HIGHLY recommend this place to ANYONE! Yes the food was just a bit pricy, but over all it was worth every dime! Thanks for a great time! See you SOON!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa and I am happy you enjoyed your time. On your next visit, take some time and visit our spa as it has been ranked #12 by Conde Naste. All of our treatments can be found on our website or call the hotel directly for more information.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

We stay at the Pier House every summer and stay in the western most rooms. You cannot book one particular room, but will get one of six rooms. The last couple years, we've been fortunate enough to get the room on the third floor that has a wrap around balcony. One side faces Sunset Pier. It's very nice. You can hear music and see what's going on on the pier. The other side faces Christmas Island. The private beach is very nice. I would highly recommend this hotel, though the rooms are starting to become too expensive. Last year they were between $700 and $800 a night and though this is a fantastic hotel, the room isn't worth that. The private beach is, though, so book a traditional room and you'll be very pleased.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

I am glad that you enjoyed your time at the Pier House and thank you for your business. We do offer specials on our website and if you come mid-week we offer discounts. Weekends are always going to be busier as the rates do increase. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

THE BEST resort I've ever had the privilege to stay at. I've traveled international and domestic (U.S.) and I must say, the Pier House is TOPS when it comes to a home away from home. With friendly staff and core values that stretch through all staff, you can feel the Pier House way as soon as you park. From the pool/beach staff, to the housekeepers (who change your linen daily) to the most courteous front desk staff I've ever encountered. Doors will always be opened for you, and the rooms are immaculate. Comfortable beds, modern amenities, this resort is the best in Key West hands down! The resort is an Oasis of greens and paradise that sits quietly at the end of Duval Street. Escape the wild and fun excitement of Duval into an amazing, quite, almost sensual resort that always greets you as you return. We were there during Fantasy Fest, one of the busiest weeks of the year and we never noticed a hiccup. Our room was amazing, the staff and service personnel should be training Marriott and Hilton how to serve hotel guests, because Pier House is by far the GOLD standard!! Keep it up Pier House! Don't change a thing!

My only complaint was the HUGE hold for incidentals. I went to use my Visa and it was maxed out. We booked two rooms and they unfortunately hold $1200 per room which equates to $2400 on an incidental hold. A bit much considering many casinos in Vegas only hold between $150-$300.

Other than that little minor inconvenience, we LOVED the Pier House. I would say Perfect is the best rating I can think of. Thank you for an amazing stay, and we appreciated the friendships the staff built with us. We were always friends, never guests.

Room Tip: We stayed near the front desk and the pool. Great location especially if you wanted to sneak out to...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your nice comments and for staying at the Pier House. I want to apologize for the hold on your credit card as we do try to inform the guest the issues with debit cards. I look forward to meeting you on your next visit to Key West.