“My opinion/information”

Pier House Resort & Spa
Ranked #14 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 24 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Karin G
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Write a ReviewReviews (2,421)

Reviewed 23 November 2013

The hotel it's self was excellent. Staffing was very friendly. The bar in the main building can get loud late at night. I had to complain to the front desk at 2:00 AM because some of the patrons were very noisy which keeled us up.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John A

Thank you for your feedback and I apologize for the noise disturbance. I am glad that you called, as my security ensures that all noise complaints are handled quickly. Please call me directly as I would like to discuss your concern further. I look forward to your call.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

The Pier House is ideally located on the water at the end of Duval Street. Almost everything you could want is within walking distance. The hotel is clean and the grounds are lush with plant life. Our stay, however, did not fully meet expectations.

We reserved an Ocean View Suite. Guaranteed check-in time is 4 PM. We arrived at 2:30 and our room was not ready. They took our cell phone number and said they would call when it was ready. At 3:45, I asked the front desk for the status of our room; it was ready, they, however, had failed to call. The web site shows a beautiful picture of an Ocean View Suite – but the picture and what you get may not be the same. The first room (318) we were given is best described as “unique” – with a sleeping loft reached by a narrow and steep spiral staircase. The loft included the bed, dresser and small refrigerator; the bathroom, sitting area and closet were below on the main floor. I am not sure I could carry our rolling suitcases up to the loft and certainly didn’t see me climbing up and down the staircase for any middle-of-the-night bathroom calls. At our request, the front desk moved us to another room – the only other Ocean View Suite they said was available. They did not advise me in advance, but unfortunately that room, 304, was the “handicapped accessible room”. The advertised “spacious seating area” for that room was limited to a single chair against a wall. The room was ideal for its intended purpose, being wheelchair accessible, but was not the Suite we had expected or that is pictured in their on-line literature. Both rooms, 304 and 318, had small balconies – again, unlike the picture on the hotel’s web site. The lesson learned is that if you are reserving an Ocean View Suite (or perhaps other rooms), be very specific in your requirements. We felt we got much less than we reserved and paid for.

The rooms include a refrigerator and coffee maker and have free wireless access. Do not plan on watching the sunset from the Ocean View Suites as they face more Northwest – but the view is still very pretty and tranquil. The balconies are stair-stepped and water dripped from the balcony above us onto one of our chairs (and from our balcony to the one below). The rooms are serviced each day, but ours was not cleaned until 4 PM or later. The service was minimal, and one day they failed to replace the hand towels and wash clothes. These are shortfalls well within the staff’s control to correct.

Everyone at the hotel was friendly and tried to be helpful. We ate one dinner at the hotel restaurant, the Harbour View Café, and it was good. We might go back to the Pier House again – the location is perfect; but we would be much more precise in our reservation.

Room Tip: Do not rely on Web-Site description of the room you reserve.
1  Thank Oldsmgt

Thank you for your feedback and for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa. I would like to apologize for the confusion over your room and will be discussing the room type that you booked with my revenue team. On your next booking, please call the hotel directly as the team will ensure to book you in the proper room. You may call me directly if you have any questions or concerns. I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Great location but if you want any sort of view don't expect one unless you specifically ask for and confirm you'll get it before you travel. Never seen people backed up at the desk complaining about room problems before this.

• Stayed: November 2013
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Thank you for your taking the time to fill out a trip advisor survey. I would like to discuss your stay further as I am uncertain of what your issue was during your stay. Please call me directly so that we can discuss your stay. I look forward to your call.

Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Pier House October 2013 for the Key West Fantasyfest event. This was my third visit to the Pier House for this year (2013) but I also stayed there for Fantasyfest 2011 and 2012. It's been a fantastic stay every time. The new ownership has made the hotel even better. The new lime coladas at the tiki bar are fabulous and the food is excellent. Chip and Mike at the front desk are always so accommodating- great customer service. Dimitri was also very helpful with getting pool towels and a lounge chair set up for me on the beach. Can't wait to come back next year October 2014!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your business and for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa. I appreciate your nice comments and for recognizing some of the new amenities. As you know, my team prides itself on customer service and is rated within the top 25% for Independent Hotels across the US. I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We planned a last minute trip to the Pier House for a birthday celebration. Upon arrival we were greeted with friendly staff and easy check in. We then spoke to the concierge (Lee i believe) who was extremely helpful in informing us of events we would enjoy throughout the weekend including a sunset cruise he booked for us as well as allowed easy room charge. Amenities order to my surprise prior to arrival included flowers, champagne, and chocolate covered fruit were fabulous. On site parking allowed for easy and care free parking where i car remained for the weekend since we walked every where since the location is perfect for hitting the sites and the town. Upon out departure Mike at the front desk gave us great local secrets to make a fun trip back to Fort Lauderdale including some hidden swim & jump spots driving up the keys.I would absolutely return to the hotel in hopes to enjoy more time by the pool and private beach as well as taking advantage of the spa. We would recommend it others traveling to Key West.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa. I am glad that you enjoyed your time at the resort and took full advantage of all of it's benefits. On your next visit, please visit our website as you will find the best available rates offered there. Look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Our first time in Key West. So glad we picked this hotel. Such a beautiful hotel on the water with views of the Gulf. Hotel was always maintained to perfection and the staff was always pleasantly waiting to help with anything you might need. Small quiet beach, perfect for a quick dip in the gulf or watching the sunset. Close to the fun and entertainment of Mallory square. Food at the Harborview Café was always amazing as was the staff. Definitely the resort to stay at.

Room Tip: The rooms with a water view is definitely the room to choose. Quiet with a beautiful view!
2  Thank CR815H0ugh

I am glad that you enjoyed your time at the Pier House and took advantage of all of it's great amenities. On your next visit, take advantage of our fantastic Spa as we have the only full service spa on the island. Thank you gain and I look forward to seeing you soon.