“Nice place, great location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pier House Resort & Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Pier House Resort & Spa
Ranked #16 of 51 Hotels in Key West
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Nice place, great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed in a large room with 2 king beds and sofa bed. Our family could stay in 1 room vs 2. Amazing view!! Bathrooms are small. Room was clean when we arrived. Housekeeping during our visit was poor. Trash cans were not emptied, no fresh glasses. Room also had ants. Hotel was very responsive to my every request but felt I was constantly calling, TV broken, AC broke, needed towels, etc. Liked central location. Easy to walk everywhere. Was not impressed with Concierge. He was not helpful and very disorganized. We also had breakfast at the hotel 1 morning. While food was good, service was terrible. We did not go back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback and I apologize for the housekeeping and concierge issues that you encountered during your stay. I will meet with the manager to go over your points to ensure that these issues are corrected. I thank you for your business and I hope to see you soon.

Joe Dantoni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (655)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We only were able to stay at the Pier House for 2 nights. I would have loved a room with a view but at a price of nearly $300 more per night I figured we wouldn't be in the room for long anyways. The price we paid was fair for the time of year we were there and the location of the hotel.

The hotel is in the perfect spot on the corner at the end of the island close to Duval St. and close to the Piers which was great for us.

I also used the concierge on the day we were there and found him very friendly but I was a bit upset because I booked 2 different things from him. One being a jet skiing "tour" around the island because we wanted to jet ski and the other being an all day adventure which he did not mention included jet skiing and I can't say if he did or didn't know that but it could have saved me a lot of money for which I would have been able to enjoy the spa at the hotel that I didn't end up having time to do. Although the staff did say that even though we were checking out we could use the spa showers after our day trip out to the ocean to shower before we left which we did not end up doing because we really wanted to get on the road but I thought it was a very complimentary gesture.

As far as the hotel, we were very happy with the cleanliness of our room but we had a balcony that overlooked the parking lot that was blocked by over grown trees and plants which I didn't love. I would think the hotel would have those trimmed back a bit so you could at least be able to look out into the sunshine. The other thing I didn't "love" was that the "beach" was not for walking at all, mostly just for sitting and tanning because the sea grass that comes into shore apparently does not get cleaned out from the walk in area at all so it makes it look less than appealing for swimming.

The room also did not have a bathtub which I wish would have been told to me only because I have issues with my legs and find it very hard to stand to take a shower. Even a seat in the shower would have helped. The other thing with this was that after swimming for the day the floor in the room is VERY SLIPPERY and I fell very hard onto a slate floor so a non slip mat or something to that affect might be beneficial to the safety of your guests coming in from enjoying water sports.

We also ordered room service which was good and quick and we ordered late too so I was very happy we were even able to get something as most places will not take orders late except for sandwiches etc. The only "complaint" about this was that it clearly states that delivery charge and gratuity are included in the final bill but when the gentleman brought the bill it still had a space for gratuity. A 20% gratuity is sufficient I believe and although the occasional person may want to tip additional I think the space should say "additional" as to not try to "trick" guests that don't read the fine print.

Room Tip: I agree that if you don't mind not having a view the rooms in the building with the spa looked A...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chasindixi
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review and I appreciate some of your feedback. I will be discussing some of these with the managers and staff. I look forward to your next visit at the Pier House.

Ottsville, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Location, location, location. Not a five star resort and overpriced. I wanted a room with a balcony and an ocean view and we got that. The rooms are adequate and well kept. Cons: only two drinking glasses in the entire room and none in the bathroom. Housekeeping is slow and mediocre. We did ask to change rooms after we checked in because the balcony had walls on either side, blocking out any sun. There were no rooms available that day and we had to wait until the next day. The room we moved to had a much larger balcony, was more private and provided both sun and shade and was much larger than the first room. The first night there was a wedding taking place right below our room and though the music ended at 10pm, we should have been made aware of it when we checked in. The grounds are very well kept with lovely tropical gardens surrounding the pool area. The beach is small but perfect for swimming and sunbathing with a raft you can swim out to. The service on the beach was extremely slow and I wound up walking over to the bar to get a drink. No problem getting a chair and towel. The restaurant has a great view, good food and service. The concierge leaves much to be desired...I asked him to make dinner reservations for us at a restaurant; he glanced at his computer screen and told me there was nothing available. I proceeded to call the same restaurant and got a reservation without a problem and the time we requested to enjoy the spectacular sunset. A good concierge is priceless. We never bothered to ask him for anything else. The front desk personnel were OK but nothing to write home about. The room air conditioners are VERY NOISY both inside and out. I would recommend this hotel but with reservations (excuse the pun). Be aware that harborview rooms are very pricey and in my honest opinion, over-priced.

Room Tip: Be sue to check type of balcony if you are reserving a harborview, as they are different and some do...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jacqcris
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa. I apologize for the concierge service and will speak to the manager about your concern. This is unusual and could have been the result of our full time concierge being out sick. Thank you for your business and I hope to see you soon at the Pier House.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

The rooms were poorly and cheaply decorated with no quality. It felt like we were staying at a holiday inn. We were very disappointed and for much less money switched to a beautiful hotel with much better facilities . This hotel is very overrated and not luxurious at all. No robes , duvets or blankets and a very noisy air conditioner . We are very happy in our new hotel.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Lynnerose
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback and I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Although I disagree with you on many of your comments I would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding your stay. There are many new amenities and services that I would like to discuss with you. I look forward to your call.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

We loved everything about the Pier House. The room was spotless and tastefully decorated. The bathroom was large, with updated fixtures (great shower). Our harborview room had a huge balcony which provided fantastic views, sunsets, and comfortable furniture. The pelicans doing fly-bys were an added treat. The resort beach is meticulously maintained but small, and it was a bit crowded. The attendant did a great job positioning beach chairs to make the most of the limited space, and the bar waitstaff was timely and attentive. The pool was lovely and clean. The resort is located at the top of Duval St., a very short distance from Mallory Square. Despite being in the middle of the "action" the resort was very quiet and felt like a peaceful oasis amid the busy downtown. The best thing about the resort is the customer service. The bellman, front desk staff, pool/beach attendants, wait staff, valet, and concierge did everything they could to make our stay exceptional. I have rarely encountered a finer group of professionals! We look forward to visiting again soon.

Room Tip: Higher floors provide the best views of the water.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa and i am glad that you enjoyed your visit. On your next visit, please visit our restaurant, Harbour View Cafe as it has a great menu variety. I look forward to seeing you shortly.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

We just got back from a 5 day trip to Key West and the Pier House. Both of us wish it could have been longer! The Pier House is THE place to stay. It is absolutely wonderful, get a Spa room if you aren't there for a view. We took full advantage of the professional spa treatments and melted into the comfy bed each night. The action on Duval is great, worth every sore foot to walk the length and back. The PH is at the end of Duval so you have peace, yet close to all the action. Walking distance to the attractions and water sports. Les, the bellhop, was very helpful. We also rented an electric car (located around the block) for more touring. I suggest this, it's worth every penny and you'll see so much more. We ate at the resort a few times - 5 star food and service! We also hit Blue Heaven, Hog's Breath, Sloppy Joes, Sarabeths and Pepes for breakfast. I highly suggest going to Mallory Square for the amazing sunset. Find a street performer with the dog that takes tips from your hand. This was a trip for the record books, thank you Pier House! See you again in October.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying at the Pier House and trying some of our great amenities. The Spa is a great place to relax and unwind when you visit the Pier House. The soothing music relaxes you as soon as you enter the building. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Located in a great spot at the end of Duval St. the Pier House is clean and very nice. However the front desk clerk the late day/evening we checked in was borderline rude. We had been promised an upgrade by the reservation service. When we got to our room it was not what we were promised, I called the front desk the clerk said he had no note of this and this was the room we were paying for and there were no other available rooms. We decided to stay and not ruin our trip. The next morning Micheal (he was very nice) at the front desk called and said they had indeed made an error, the room was available. The new suite was beautiful, all in all we were happy with the hotel but make sure if you reserve to get anything promised in writing (my email did not state a specific room). Les the bellhop was very nice, friendly and helpful. Great view in the rooms facing the Gulf with the clear balconies.

*Note the WiFi was a little dicey, went in and out. The front desk said there were no problems with it but when talking to other guests they had the same experience.

Room Tip: If getting an oceanfront room ask for a room on the second floor or above for a good view.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey on line and I apologize for associate attitude at the desk. I am glad that we were able to recover and accommodate you the remaining of your stay and I look forward to seeing you soon at the Pier House Resort and Spa.