“A memorable stay”

Ranked #18 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Caldwell, New Jersey
“A memorable stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here after staying at Southermost two years ago and decided that we would stay here again if we return to Key West. The property is bigger than it looks. There was more than enough parking for our rental vehicle. The hotel staff was courteous and for the first time in all my life that I've been traveling the concierge and gentleman at the front desk remembered our names and the reason for our stay, which really impressed me since I consider us to be average travellers. We had a bay view from our hotel room and the hotel room was really very nice. There was some minor maintenance issues with the room, but nothing that you wouldnt notice unless you looked for it. The balcony was nice and the bed was very comfortable.

The beach was private and the staff was always walking around seeing if we needed everything. There was also the little dock that you could swim out to which was really very relaxing. The pool/beach bar was nice, had good food and live music which was easy on the ears. We will def stay here again.

The hotel is within walking distance to everything and is very easy to get to.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Tim F
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for the great review and for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa. I am happy that we were able to make your stay memorable and meet your expectations. On your next visit please try our restaurant for dinner as it has a great variety of entrees with a very talented new chef. Chef Norman Van Aken will be cooking with the Pier House chef Maria Manso on June 14th at the Pier House. Hope to see you then.

Joe Dantoni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (661)
  • Hungarian first
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

We were back in KW in March, and spent several nights the Pier House. We had a harborview room, and our college-student son (who traveled with us) stayed in a second-floor lanai room. We've stayed at PH several times over the years, and this was our second visit in the past year (the previous one was in October, 2013).

With all that out of the way, I was really impressed at the level of maintenance and attention to detail I saw. Of course, March is end of the "high season" and one would expect to see a few repairs and replacements. However, the degree of attention was amazing. I'd make a special note to the clean-up staff who were out at the beach the morning after a rainstorm. I'm a pretty early riser, and around daybreak, you could see that sand had blown off the beach and onto the walkways, furniture, etc. By 8am, however, this was completely cleaned up and ready for the "morning by the pool" crowd!

Speaking of which, the service from the beachside bar/restaurant is extremely attentive, but that goes for everyone on the staff I'd also give a "shout out" to the concierge staff who handled several things for us during the week quickly and efficiently. I know that a lot of people have complained about the recently instituted charge for parking, but I for one am pleased to see the 24-hour security and not having to fight for a parking space.

We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Our favorites are the harborview rooms, but the lanai rooms appear charming and quiet as well.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank JohnK1954
Thank you for the nice comments and I am glad that you have made the Pier House Resort and Spa your hotel of choice. On your next visit please visit our spa as we have some of the most talented therapist in Key West. Visit out website for the full selection of treatments.

Baltimore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

My very first time to Key West and I can see why people don't leave. The resort had a lot of great features. A private beach, restaurant, bar, pool, and hot tub. Walking distance to everything. The staff was inconsistent. Front desk was either totally on or didn't know anything and did not offer to help. The restaurant recommendations were spot on and the Danger kayak/snorkel trip is a MUST!

Room Tip: Spend the money and upgrade to a room with a balcony!! Well worth it.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey. I am glad that you enjoyed your time at the Pier House and I apologize for the service concerns at the front desk. I wish I had more information but I will speak with the manager on amenity request. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

My first trip to Key West was two months ago and I fell in love with the island. I've been back a few times now and absolutely love this resort. It's perfectly situated at the end of Duvall, so you don't need a rental to get around. Plenty of thing to do inside the resort. Easy access to the best of Key West. I cannot complain about the service or the property. Just wonderful. :) I'm actually going back next week.

Room Tip: The rooms over the spa can be noisy until about 10 pm
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Mississauga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

We found this hotel on Tripadvisor and weren't disappointed. A very comfortable king bed, well appointed shower and small balcony on the ocean were perfect for our 3-night stay. Staff are very friendly, even after March Break! Several places to eat- we preferred the outdoor bar as the omelettes and pina coladas were delicious. They also have musicians playing throughout the day- not too loud but enough to enjoy. We will go back!

Room Tip: choose an ocean facing room- the sunsets are amazing and you won't be facing a walkway or parkin...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pam D
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey and for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I hope to see you soon. Visit our website for your next booking as you will find the best available rate there. See you soon.

Chester, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Service was wonderful, staff is polite and fun! Food was good, rooms were amazing. This hotel went above and beyond with service, location and staff. Friends of ours stayed at hotels close to this one and could not believe the positive difference in our hotel! We will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for at least a Lanai room.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Debbie S
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa and I am glad that we exceeded your expectations. On your next visit, please dine at our restaurant the Harbour View Cafe as if has a great selection of foods. i look forward to seeing you soon at the Pier House.

Chicago
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

My wife and I honeymooned in the Keys 16 years ago and we stayed at the Pier House. On the second evening of staying at the hotel my wife screamed after finding a cockroach in the bathroom. I thought after the hotel has been remodeled we would give it another chance. We just stayed there again last week and the second to last night of the stay my wife screamed again. Another cockroach in the bathroom. I called the front desk after killing the 2 inch long beast. We ended up switching rooms the next morning. That is the last time I will stay at that hotel and I would not recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DAB71
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review and I apologize about the bug that was found in your room. I can not speak to the bug found 16 years ago but the one in your room on your last visit is a Palmetto bug. It is a common bug to the Keys. They like old trees and will fly in if doors are left open. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations and please call me if you have any other questions.