“Pier House Resort-the BEST place to stay in Key West!”

Pier House Resort & Spa
Ranked #18 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Finksburg, Maryland
“Pier House Resort-the BEST place to stay in Key West!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

My husband and I just returned from a 3 day stay at the Pier House. If you're looking for a beautiful, well maintained resort with excellent service and food quality, and perfect location, then this is the place! The staff is friendly, hard working, and courteous. We were greeted by Oleg, who gave us a mini tour of the resort as he was leading us to our room. The pool and beach staff were also polite and accommodating. The chef at the restaurant even cooked the fish that my husband caught for our dinner one night. Congrats to Joe Dantoni, who recently earned the honor of "General Manager of the Year". He does a great job running this place!
With the perfect location right at the end of Duval Street, you can walk everywhere to experience all the excitement that Key West has to offer, then return to this relaxing resort, sit on your balcony, and watch the boats go by. We parked our rental car in the lot and never moved it until it was time to leave.
We stayed in a third floor Dockside Suite, which was spacious, beautiful, and comfortable. It has a large infinity balcony sitting right over the Gulf of Mexico, where you can watch the sun set in the evening. I would suggest a Dockside or Harborview room. Although the grounds are beautiful, it's worth the extra money to sit on your balcony and see the water.
Since our stay was short, we didn't check out the spa or the water sports, but will do that when we return, which we definitely plan to do!

1 Thank Kim S
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for the review and I will be sharing your coments with the team members. I would encourage you to visit our spa on your next visit as it was ranked #12 by Conde Nast Travel. It is the only full service spa on the island. i look forward to seeing you soon.

Joe Dantoni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (661)
  • Hungarian first
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

this hotel is very nice and in the middle of everything. I stayed from March 30 - Apr. 3 and had a great time. The staff was great and were always helpful, no matter what it was that you needed. I stayed in one of the lanai rooms with a patio and it was a good sized room. The 3rd night we had to change rooms because i found a couple of termites on my bed & kept finding sets of shed wings on the sheets; I know this sort of thing can happen anywhere, and when I went to the front desk to tell them about it, they were apologetic and and quick to find us another room.

They have a nice small beach area, nice pool and the cafe has good food. They also have live music during the afternoon which is very nice - not too loud, just soothing. I really also like that this property does not impose a resort fee on top of the room rate - that is one of the reasons I decided to stay there. I will definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank carol s
Thank you for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa and I am glad that we met your expectations. I look forward to seeing you soon and to see some of the new enhancements we have at the resort.

Caldwell, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here after staying at Southermost two years ago and decided that we would stay here again if we return to Key West. The property is bigger than it looks. There was more than enough parking for our rental vehicle. The hotel staff was courteous and for the first time in all my life that I've been traveling the concierge and gentleman at the front desk remembered our names and the reason for our stay, which really impressed me since I consider us to be average travellers. We had a bay view from our hotel room and the hotel room was really very nice. There was some minor maintenance issues with the room, but nothing that you wouldnt notice unless you looked for it. The balcony was nice and the bed was very comfortable.

The beach was private and the staff was always walking around seeing if we needed everything. There was also the little dock that you could swim out to which was really very relaxing. The pool/beach bar was nice, had good food and live music which was easy on the ears. We will def stay here again.

The hotel is within walking distance to everything and is very easy to get to.

5 Thank Tim F
Thank you for the great review and for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa. I am happy that we were able to make your stay memorable and meet your expectations. On your next visit please try our restaurant for dinner as it has a great variety of entrees with a very talented new chef. Chef Norman Van Aken will be cooking with the Pier House chef Maria Manso on June 14th at the Pier House. Hope to see you then.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

We were back in KW in March, and spent several nights the Pier House. We had a harborview room, and our college-student son (who traveled with us) stayed in a second-floor lanai room. We've stayed at PH several times over the years, and this was our second visit in the past year (the previous one was in October, 2013).

With all that out of the way, I was really impressed at the level of maintenance and attention to detail I saw. Of course, March is end of the "high season" and one would expect to see a few repairs and replacements. However, the degree of attention was amazing. I'd make a special note to the clean-up staff who were out at the beach the morning after a rainstorm. I'm a pretty early riser, and around daybreak, you could see that sand had blown off the beach and onto the walkways, furniture, etc. By 8am, however, this was completely cleaned up and ready for the "morning by the pool" crowd!

Speaking of which, the service from the beachside bar/restaurant is extremely attentive, but that goes for everyone on the staff I'd also give a "shout out" to the concierge staff who handled several things for us during the week quickly and efficiently. I know that a lot of people have complained about the recently instituted charge for parking, but I for one am pleased to see the 24-hour security and not having to fight for a parking space.

We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Our favorites are the harborview rooms, but the lanai rooms appear charming and quiet as well.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank JohnK1954
Thank you for the nice comments and I am glad that you have made the Pier House Resort and Spa your hotel of choice. On your next visit please visit our spa as we have some of the most talented therapist in Key West. Visit out website for the full selection of treatments.

Baltimore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

My very first time to Key West and I can see why people don't leave. The resort had a lot of great features. A private beach, restaurant, bar, pool, and hot tub. Walking distance to everything. The staff was inconsistent. Front desk was either totally on or didn't know anything and did not offer to help. The restaurant recommendations were spot on and the Danger kayak/snorkel trip is a MUST!

Room Tip: Spend the money and upgrade to a room with a balcony!! Well worth it.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey. I am glad that you enjoyed your time at the Pier House and I apologize for the service concerns at the front desk. I wish I had more information but I will speak with the manager on amenity request. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

My first trip to Key West was two months ago and I fell in love with the island. I've been back a few times now and absolutely love this resort. It's perfectly situated at the end of Duvall, so you don't need a rental to get around. Plenty of thing to do inside the resort. Easy access to the best of Key West. I cannot complain about the service or the property. Just wonderful. :) I'm actually going back next week.

Room Tip: The rooms over the spa can be noisy until about 10 pm
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Mississauga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

We found this hotel on Tripadvisor and weren't disappointed. A very comfortable king bed, well appointed shower and small balcony on the ocean were perfect for our 3-night stay. Staff are very friendly, even after March Break! Several places to eat- we preferred the outdoor bar as the omelettes and pina coladas were delicious. They also have musicians playing throughout the day- not too loud but enough to enjoy. We will go back!

Room Tip: choose an ocean facing room- the sunsets are amazing and you won't be facing a walkway or parkin...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pam D
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey and for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I hope to see you soon. Visit our website for your next booking as you will find the best available rate there. See you soon.