“Pier House Easter Week” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pier House Resort & Spa

Pier House Resort & Spa
Ranked #15 of 51 Hotels in Key West

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (655)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

So we went for a weekend and stayed in a Spa Jr Suite. Room good size, bathrooms re done and nice, Furniture outdated, Air conditioning works well. We had room 614 can hear the Jacuzzi all Night so Beware, also not a good room to sleep late, as light comes in early. View is of STREET, so no view.

The Spa like many I go too, was full. So I always ask myself, why have a spa and not enough folks working it. They only had 30 minute messages and never for me and my wife. The staff was nice and tried to help.

The checking in process was quick and painless, and the staff was helpful. The beach area, is small, but truly great for getting sun and a quick dip. Water was CLEAN and very nice SAND.

The Beach Bar was nice, great drinks, and they have live music. YES management the live music was great. Had a great cigar and drank my cocktails singing tunes.

The Restaurant has inside and outside seating is also acceptable. Had diner the first night and breakfast and I found it enjoyable. GREAT VIEW from terrace, and breakfast was GOOD.

INTERNET worked well, which for me is a must. LOCATION LOCATION, you can walk to everything, this is what makes this so special. Had lunch at SLOPPY JOES walked on DUVAL, and did it all minutes from the HOTEL. I hope to continue to improve the hotel, as I look forward to going back, and signing more tunes at the BAR.

Not too FANCY but just enough. You may like better a DOCK SIDE Suite, which from what I could tell had great views.

Room Tip: Dock Side suites have great Views.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eddie S
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for your review and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Pier House. We have continued improvements and I look forward to your next stay. I will look into the times on the massages as we have plenty of massages that go longer thatn 30 minutes. Please call me if you have any other questions regarding your stay.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Just got home after spending 4 nights at the Pier House. Had room 201, highly recommended as it gives you a beautiful view of the Gulf. Enjoyed watching the boats from our patio and listening to the entertainment. Can't wait to return. Les was great to talk hockey with and helpful as to where we could watch playoffs. concierge along with front staff were very accommodating. Great location, with tons to do. They set up a private sunset tour for us with Breezin Charters, which was amazing. Restaurants were great.

Room Tip: Ask for balcony Gulf View. You will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Thank you for your nice comments and I will share with Les and the team. It looks like you experienced many of the Pier House amenities but please do not forget to visit our famous Chart Room Bar located off the lobby. It is an iconic bar in Key West and the hotel was built around it. I Iook forward to meeting you on your next trip.

Cape Cod
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

We have just returned from a spectacular vacation at the Pier House. From the moment we entered their beautiful lush property we were treated to a luxurious vacation. The people at the front desk were so welcoming and Les was always there assist with our every need. We stayed in the Harbourview Building in room 301. It is an ocean view room with two kings and an open and covered balcony. It was beyond perfect and well worth the price. We had lunch at the Beach Bar & Grill. I highly recommend the blackened chicken sandwich. It was delicious! Breakfast at the HarbourView Café was also excellent. The beach was raked and seaweed removed each day. The beach chairs were very comfortable and you are given two plush towels and a variety of ice cold fruit infused water to quench your thirst. The location is One Duval Street where all the action can be found right outside the property. Everything is within walking distance including BO Fish Wagon ( the best grouper sandwich in KW). Each night when we returned for our nightcap at The Chart Room, I was amazed at how quiet and peaceful the property was, we had no trouble sleeping, the beds and bedding was very comfortable. Each morning I would enjoy the Starbucks coffee in my room and watch the boats from the balcony. This property has everything including a Spa. We did not use the Gym or Spa, but we did Jetski around the island and would recommend Barefoot Billy's. This is our third visit to KW and have stayed in a Condo and The Southernmost. We love the area and everyone in our party agreed it will be The Pier House for our future stays in KW. We would like to thank the resort and staff for perfect vacation.

Room Tip: Room 301 ocean view. Perfect and worth the price.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback and I will share them with the team. I am glad that you were able to experience all of the amenities of the Pier House and will be making it your resort of choice when visiting Key West. On your next visit please indulge yourself with a spa treatment. Visit our website for our wide variety of treatments. I look forward to meeting you and your friends on your next visit.

Woodbridge, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

One of Key West's finest hotels (if not actually THE best, IMO). Be forewarned - this is NOT a 'cheap' hotel in any way. Expect to pay over $250 a night even in the low season, but if you are looking for a real luxury, 'treat you like million bucks' experience, then The Pier House is for you and you will not be disappointed!

The room I selected not only had grand appointments that scream Key West luxury, white, beige, gold, green and azure blues are everywhere. Two full size bathrooms, walk in shower with glass doors, huge mirrors and high end towels, and don't forget the Pier House waffle bathrobe - wow! The Queen bed couldn't be more comfortable and faces lattice shutter type doors that fold out to your own private balcony..swaying palms provide privacy and a luscious tropical atmosphere. Sip wine, light some candles and listen to the waves strum romantic rhythms in the background.

You could take a stroll through their private gardens, stop by the hotel's tightest, smallest bar on the island and be greeted by whatever crowd is jammed in there by name and cheers. I kid you not...they actually cheer when you come in. Very cool and unexpected.

It doesn't get better than this. If it's your first trip to Key West and you want it to be the most memorable trip of a lifetime...stay at the Pier House...at least once. Get a spa treatment - oooh so good... Next time you visit you can save some bucks but for once treat yourself to an awesome experience. Pier House Rocks!!!

Room Tip: I would suggest a room with a balcony...it really does make a huge difference on the romantic note...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa and I am glad that you enjoyed your spa treatment. I think that our spa is the best kept secret in Key West and I am glad you were able to experience it. I look forward to seeing you soon on your next trip to Key West.

Olney, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

we just came back from a stay at the Pier House. Overall it was a very good experience. However, if you like working out every day, you will be very disappointed in the workout room. It is basically a stair climber, an old treadmill, some weight equipment and a set of old dumbbells in a very small room. Not at all as advertised. A resort like this can do much better than that.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jhoward4313
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa and I am gald you enjoyed your time with the exception of the fitness room. I agree with you and wanted to let you know that the fitness room is being remolded at the end of May with the state of the art equipment. I look forward to seeing you soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Can’t beat the location!
The hotel over all is pretty well maintained, the beach is really small but still enjoyable.
The staff was great in hooking me up with bike rental, direction and everything I needed during my stay.
Will stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. On your next visit please try our spa as it is rated #12 by Conde Naste. We have a great team of therapist and are some of the most talented on the island. I hope to see you soon.