2,603 results
All reviewsbeach barprivate beachchart roomdockside suitemallory squareharbor view roomend of duval streetturtle pondperfect locationlarge balconybars and restaurantswatch the sunsetgreat resorttrip to key westwalking distance to everythingfree shuttleocean front
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Wonderful location, large comfortable rooms. One of the few Hotels in Key West with a private Beach. The staff is efficient and friendly and the Concierge personnel are really on top of the area activities. Will definitely return to Key West and to Pier House.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank robweb2013
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

I am glad that we met all of your expectations and for staying at the Pier House. I encourge all of our guest to visit our website as we will always have the best available rate of the day posted there. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

One of the few remaining topless beaches in Key West! Beautiful landscaping! Our suite was very large. Great location at the end of Duval Street. Parked the car and walked everywhere. Stayed at Pier House many times, thoroughly enjoyed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jack M

Thank you for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa and for making the Pier House your hotel of choice in Key West. I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

This was our first visit to Key West. We will be returning and we will return to the Pier House. It is in a great location. The perfect end of Duval Street (and I say that becasue we walked to the other end and this end of town is more happening). We had an ocean view room that was over the Beach Bar and beach area which worked out great because we could hear the music playing at the Beach Bar and enjoy our view.

The only issues we had with our room (201) is that the air conditioner was very loud kicking on and off. We called the morning after our first night and they had it switched out in less than 30 minutes. No longer an issue after that. The other issue we had is that there are two beds in the room. We slept the first night in the bed closer to the air conditioner and it was very noisy every time one of us rolled. The wooden frame was extremely loud with each movement. Even just sitting on the edge of the bed. So the next nights, we slept in the other bed and had no issues.

I thought the front desk personnel could have been better. When we arrived, we were told our room was not ready but that they would call our cell phone when it was ready. The bellhop gentleman (sorry I didn't get his name) was extremely helpful and told my husband where he could change into something more casual. We ate lunch at the Beach Bar (which was wonderful) and got a call shortly after that to say our room was ready. However, when we returned to the desk, we checked in and we were off with no direction. We didn't realize there were several buildings and had to eventually return to the front desk for direction. Again...the bellhop was awesome and took us to our room. They also had a water main break so the entire hotel had zero water. When I tried to inquire at the front desk, the information given was very sketchy as to how long we would be without water. I think my facial expression/attitude prompted them to call our room with a status and then a call when the water was back on. The front desk personnel could have been better.

As for the room, very clean! Housekeeping was always in and out when we were not in the room. It didn't take all day to get service to the room.

There are other hotels in the area that are on the water but I believe you would be staring at a cruise ship most of the day. From our room, we could not see any cruise ships.

We will return to the Pier House. Well worth the money!!!

2  Thank Rosemary B
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Thank you for staying at the Pier House and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the feedback regarding your bed and the engineering team has taken care of the problem. I was surprised that the front desk associate was lack in the directions to your room. This was addressed with the manager. I look forwward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We could not believe how relaxing the Pier House was. It sits at the crazy end of Duval and yet you step inside to an oasis of calm. It has a great beach, with helpful staff who prepare your loungers by the sea and next to a good restaurant that has amazing lobster sliders. The rooms are clean and tidy although ours did have an air-conditioning unit that deafened you every 10 minutes.
The Front Desk staff should be congratulated. They made us feel welcome from the moment we arrived. Recommended.

Room Tip: As,k about the air-conditioning units. Some rooms may not have the noisy units that blast your head off throughout the night. Also, very few rooms with tubs it seems.
3  Thank DesNichols

Thank you for your feedback and for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa. The A/C units that are loud are being replaced on a monthly basis. On your next visit please visit our restaurant, One Duval, as it has great menu selection. Visit our website for more details. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

This was our second time staying at The Pier House. The first time we had a basic room on the first floor with a garden view. This time we had an ocean view room and part way through our stay got upgraded to a dockside ocean room. The ocean view room was a wonderful setting but the room seemed to be starting to show its age. Thanks to the upgrade my wife will only stay in one of the dockside rooms going forward. This room was absolutely wonderful. We spent a lot of time on our balcony watching the Tarpon play at night. The service at the Pier House is first class. The rooms are nicer than other places we've stayed at in Key West but if you've stayed in Ritz Carltons or Four Seasons hotels and that's what you're expecting, keep in mind this is Key West, everything is very laid back but rest assured, this is the nicest resort on the island. I don't know that we'd stay anywhere else but the Pier House. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to be close to the action of Duval Street and Old Key West while still having a private place to go back to and relax. Oh yea, we also had one of our best meals at the resort's restaurant.

Room Tip: This place isn't cheap to begin with so if you're going to stay here, splurge a little and get one of the dockside rooms.
1  Thank KE1976

Thank you for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in the Dock SIde Suites. As you mentioned, they have some of the best views of the island as you sit over the Golf Of Mexico. Visit our website as we have some great suite deals mid-week over the next few months that offer 15% off. I hope to see you soon at the Pier House.