2,605 results
All reviewsbeach barprivate beachchart roomdockside suitemallory squareharbor view roomend of duval streetturtle pondperfect locationlarge balconybars and restaurantswatch the sunsetgreat resorttrip to key westwalking distance to everythingfree shuttleocean front
Reviewed 26 May 2014

It's Memorial Day morning and we've enjoyed two days at Pier House, just minutes from the Duval action yet an enclave of beauty and serenity. The second night we stayed in Room 301, a spacious, corner room with a large balcony and beautiful view. Perfect. The first night, we stayed in Room 311 which was a disappointment as we were promised a room with a balcony and a view and instead were given no balcony and a view of a tree and a parking lot. When I asked the manager for the promised room, he told me that those rooms were gone and that though I had been promised a better room, too bad. So, fellow tripadvisor readers, here's the takeaway: Pier House is upscale and fabulous but be sure that the hotel writes on your emailed hotel confirmation precisely what you've been promised!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback and I apologize that there was confusion with your room. I am glad you enjoyed the second room and I look forward to seeing you soon at the Pier House Resort and Spa.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

After arriving from Miami, we easily found the Pier House Resort & Spa at the end of Duval Street. Check-in was very efficient and we found our room overlooking the harbor with an ocean view. Our king bed room was spacious, well accessorized, and recently renovated. The bathroom was very large with a huge walk-in rain shower. Our ground floor room had a very small patio but sufficient room for the two of us to enjoy the water view filled with sailboats and water craft. We did discover that the patio chairs cushions were filthy, the internet signal non-existent on the patio, and we were unable to lock patio door. When we contacted the front desk and spoke with Mike, he resolved this immediately by contacting AT&T, provided our room with brand new chairs, and provided a locking alternative to the patio door. We had sunset views over the water every night and enjoyed being close to the major action spots of Key West. The hotel has a wonderful pool, 2 restaurants, 1 bar, a spa, and a its own beach. If you are looking for a great place to stay when visiting here, this is one place you must consider! You’ll be glad you did!

Room Tip: As for a room overlooking the water - you'll be glad you did!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

CHuck thank you for staying at the Pier House and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

First , I want to acknowledge 2 people at this great resort. Thank you Heather, the very helpful
and friendly manager who cheerfully and professionally helped us with a problem. People like
Heather make travel worthwhile. Next, thank you to Les, bellman extraordinaire , who greeted us
upon arrival, took us through the check in process, and helped us get the right room and view, even facilitating a move so we could have a room suitable for guests with mobility issues. He seemed to genuinely care about our stay and gave us lots of orientation and tips which made our stay easier and more enjoyable. Les greeted us each day like we were his favorite people, making
us feel special. Les knows Key West and his suggestions were all spot on.
We liked the intimate and air conditioned Chart Room Bar at the hotel, a favorite with locals, I
am told. The bar and beach was very nice, and the Pier House is the only upscale hotel at the
Mallory Pier area with its own sand beach. The nicest thing about Pier House is the premiere
location without being exposed to cruise ship craziness. Pier House has an intimate feel even though it is located right at the best Sunset viewing area. I wish the bar and restaurant faced sunset, but it does have nice water views. The other big resort, the Westin, is nice, but unfortunately is over-run with cruise ship passengers daily, and the views are obscured by
The massive ships. The Pier House is just far enough down from this that it is spared this problem, giving it a more exclusive feel. Thank you, Heather and Les, for such great service !

Room Tip: Ask for a water view room.
1  Thank SEAJourney
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Thank you for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa and I am glad you enjoyed your time. I will make sure to share your comments with Les and Heather and I appreciate you recognizing them. The team and I look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

The good
Private beach
Close to bars and restaurants
Good sized rooms

The not so good
Air conditioner in the room had no function to regulate temp. Fan continually ran which meant either a noisy ac on all night or just sleep with the fan on.

Tips
Go next door to watch the sunset over the water
We walked to an organic cafe 15 minutes away for breakfast
Go on a sebago all in one tour which gives you snorkelling, jet skis, parasailing, lunch and beers for $150 per person. I actually had too much jet skiing which I didn't think possible.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey and I am glad that you enjoyed your time at the Pier House. The A/C units do have temperature control and will shut off. Is it possible that the unit was set on "high fan" and not "auto". Please feel free to call me to discuss this further. I apologize for any inconveniences. I look forrward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Happy with this hotel. Comfortable rooms, great location. You get a small private beach. Live acoustic acts on all day in the beach bar. It is a stone throw away from all the bars and action on Duval Street, but far enough that you are not disturbed.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andy D

Thank you for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa and I am glad you enjoyed the beach and live music. I have some of the best musicians in key Wet playing daily. I hope to see you and your family soon at the Pier House.

Regards.