“Great Location Awesome Staff !”

Pier House Resort & Spa
Ranked #20 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Poplarville
“Great Location Awesome Staff !”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We got married in Key West on May 16, 2014 stayed an entire week & the Pier House. We have stayed in the past & have always been pleased with our stay. We had room # 405 Luxury One bedroom ocean front view! The room was exactly how they described it!! It was beautiful...the balcony was so huge & the view was stunning! I can't say enough about the staff Lee the concierge always answered my emails promptly he had a electric car waiting for us as requested referred us to a wonderful fishing charter High Stakes. Leo the bellman was awesome he was very informative about the area & could tell he wanted you to enjoy your stay. The restaurant was outstanding from dining in the restaurant to room service. The chef even made a special tray @ my request for my wedding party while we were getting ready in my room. Housekeeping was always prompt & my husband loved the chocolates left on our pillows every night! :-) We had a small issue with the air conditioner freezing up but maintenance was right there to take care of it. Some people may say the rooms are a little pricey but to us it is well worth the money! We enjoyed our stay so much that we booked a room for November before we left.

1 Thank Nancy P
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Nancy thank you for staying at the Pier House and I do apologize for the A/C freeze up. It has been repaired. I am gald that my team was able to make your visit memorable and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Joe Dantoni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (665)
  • Hungarian first
Boca Raton, Florida, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

So convenient, at the end of Duval street, you never need to drive anywhere. The restaurant is the best, the breakfast on the terrace is part of all my trips to the Keys whether I stay there or not (since 1979) The big suites great for the offshore powerboat races or our annual cigar diners. the gardens,BEAUTIFUL, turtles exotic plants, the floating terrace, nice snorkeling beach, 5 minute walk to Mallory square to see sunset.

Room Tip: Suites d best
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
John thank you for your nice comments and welcome back. Thank you for your loyalty and your family at Pier House look forward to seeing you soon.

Gatlinburg, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 May 2014

WOW, can't say enough about this resort and the FANTASTIC time in Key West! Just what the doctor ordered...complete relaxation, beauty, fun Duval street, friendly people, top notch service at the resort. While I would of loved a Dockside room, I did not want the pricetag and settled for Lanai courtyard. It was perfectly nice, great shower and pretty room. I highly recommend this hotel and we will definitely be back! Met some wonderful new friends while floating in the pool. Great bar service at the pool area and food good too. You will not be disappointed! Get there fast, and take it slow............

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and for making the Pier House your preferred hotel in Key West. I hope you were able to visit our famous bar, The Chart Room. It is located off the lobby and is one of the most iconic bars in Key West. I hope your not slow coming back!

Spring Lake, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Just stayed 4 nights at the Pier House. You can't beat the location - near everything. The Hotel itself is very nice. We were a little disappointed in the room - thought that for the amount of money it cost per night the room would be a litle more upscale and newer. Furniture showing a little wear and tear. Had a ground floor lanai room - no view of anything but foliage. Which, I guess, is ok if you want privacy. The staff all were friendly. We plan on returning to Key West next year and would stay here again, if we don't rent a condo, but definitely request a room on the upper level.

Room Tip: check out all the options on line and take jrg39's advise to get the hotel to confirm the room y...
1 Thank gladnorm
Thank you for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your room. Please visit our website as we have many other room types to offer and you will always find the best available rate there. As you mentioned, there are many guest who enjoy the tropical gardens. I look forward to your return.

Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Just got back from staying a week at the Pier House. Loved the beach and pool. The service on the beach was excellent and being able to wake up in the morning and go have coffee at the beach was a great way to start the day. We really enjoyed having complimentary use
of the spas steam room. The only negative thing I could think of is that the Wi-Fi was really bad and the air conditioner in the room was loud. We will definetly be back

• Stayed May 2014
Krista thank you for your feedback and for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa. We are replacing many of the A/C's in the hotel and I appreciate your comments. i look forward to seeing you soon.

Los Angeles
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We arrived at the Pier House after the long drive from Miami and could not believe how nice the location was. We found the staff to be very welcoming and we were checked in within a matter of minutes, even though we had arrived prior to our designated check in time. The parking is very convenient and the grounds are beautiful with lush green almost jungle like appearance.

Our room was ocean front and looked down at the sandy beach from our balcony and had a fantastic view of the ocean. The room is very well appointed with great bedding, flat screen television, coffee maker with Starbucks coffee, very large shower and extremely comfortable chairs on the balcony. The outside hotel bar is located right at the beach and they serve a great drink with a friendly staff. We needed some beach lounges and although it looked full, merely asked the staff and we had two lounges with towels moved into place at a great location. You have a choice of swimming in the ocean with flat water or walk out and go to the pool which was heated (almost too hot) and lounge there.

The address of this place tells it all - you are in the middle of the action on Duvall with a short walk to anything. We have stayed at Key West many times and this is by far the best you are going to find.

Room Tip: Get the ocean facing room
1 Thank PatrickLongBeach
Patrick thank you for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa and I am glad that you are making the Pier House your new home In Key West. On your next visit please try our great restaurant, One Duval, as it has a nice variety of entrees. I hope to see you soon.

Richmond, VA
Reviewed 26 May 2014

It's Memorial Day morning and we've enjoyed two days at Pier House, just minutes from the Duval action yet an enclave of beauty and serenity. The second night we stayed in Room 301, a spacious, corner room with a large balcony and beautiful view. Perfect. The first night, we stayed in Room 311 which was a disappointment as we were promised a room with a balcony and a view and instead were given no balcony and a view of a tree and a parking lot. When I asked the manager for the promised room, he told me that those rooms were gone and that though I had been promised a better room, too bad. So, fellow tripadvisor readers, here's the takeaway: Pier House is upscale and fabulous but be sure that the hotel writes on your emailed hotel confirmation precisely what you've been promised!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and I apologize that there was confusion with your room. I am glad you enjoyed the second room and I look forward to seeing you soon at the Pier House Resort and Spa.