“Cute resort and nice beach area”

Pier House Resort & Spa
Ranked #17 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Grand Forks, North Dakota
“Cute resort and nice beach area”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

This was our 3rd time back to KW but 1st time at this resort. Service was great and everyone was friendly. The beach is small but clean and nice for swimming. The wait staff at the beach are excellent and timely. This is close to Duval but still quiet and relaxing. We plan on coming back here next time we are in KW. They even grilled the fish my husband caught on his fishing trip which was wonderful.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Thank you for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa and I am glad that you have made the Pier House your preferred resort in Key West. I havve a great team and we look forward to taking care of any of your needs. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Joe Dantoni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (675)
  • Hungarian first
Findlay, Ohio
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I surprised my husband for our 25th anniversary with a trip to Key West. I randomly picked the Pier House to stay at. What a wonderful choice. Rooms where gorgeous. We stayed in a Lanai. Very quite. The grounds was beautifully landscaped. Took tons of pictures of the flowers in bloom. The bar and resturant were great. The best place I found was under the upper rooms on the west side. My husband and I was the only two there to take in the magnificant sunset view. Everyone else was packed in at the dock area. I can't wait to visit the Pier House again. Staff was wonderful.

Room Tip: I loved the Lanai room but if you want a view, pick one on the Ocean side.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for letting us share in a great occasion with you and your husband. I hope you make the Pier House Resort and Spa your preferred hotel of choice on your next visit. For the best rates, please visit our website as we will always have the best available rate for any period posted there. I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.

Land O Lakes, Florida
Reviewed 31 May 2014

For our 26th anniversary, the wife and I spent three nights in Key West. We were fortunate enough to stay in a Dockside Suite (Room 810) at the Pier House. The accommodations were beautiful and well maintained. The view was spectacular. All during our stay, the hotel staff was pleasant, attentive to our needs yet allowed us our privacy as well. This resort's location is perfect as it is in walking proximity to two marinas for water sports. All aspects of the fun of Duval Street are within easy walking distance as well. Without a doubt, we will stay at the Pier House the next time we make a Key West trip.

Room Tip: For my money, the dock side suite was well worth the additional cost. We were in Room 810 (second f...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa and I am glad that we met your expectations. I hope you make it back to Key West sooner than later and my team looks forward to taking care of you on your next visit.

Naples, Florida
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We have stayed at the Pier House a number of times and looked forward to returning. It is perfectly situated at the end of Duval Street, next to the sunset pier with its own private beach, unique for an in town hotel. I reserved a junior suite to enjoy a little more space. To our disappointment, the room was across the parking lot in the spa building. Our balcony sat on the roof of the spa, looking over a tar shingle surface with no vegetation to soften the experience. There were only 3 of these rooms and we were given one. The balcony was rendered useless. In addition, when we arrived we were told the fitness center was being renovated. A disappointment again with little acknowledgement from management. It is nice place to stay, with a comfortable feel and great location but check first where your room is.

Room Tip: Best to stay in the main complex near the pool, beach and restaurant. There are rooms facing the co...
3 Thank Schapman73
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback and I for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa. I do apologize that when you made your reservation we did not communicate that you were booked in the Spa. We are updating the fitness room with new cardiac equipment but the spa is still open for services. I would like to discuss your booking with you so please call me at your earliest convenience. I look forward to your call.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We splurged and booked a one bedroom king ocean view suite but at check-in they put us in a loft room with a spiral staircase (with narrow stairs) to an upstairs bedroom with the bathroom on the bottom level, not very convenient and definitely not the room I booked from looking at their website pictures. Be sure to ask if the room you get is the room you actually booked. After discussing it with the front desk they agreed it was not the room we said we booked from their website pictures. Of course the room we booked was not available until the next day so we had to stay in the loft room. The room we actually booked was finally ready for us at 2:30 PM the following day. I asked for some compensation since we paid the higher rate of a one bedroom ocean view suite vs. the loft room plus the inconvenience, however, I couldn’t get any answers until the day I left. I was told several times they were working on it but no answers. I finally got to speak with the General Manager at check-out who told me he was not aware of the problem. This could have easily been handled at check-in and should have been. In the end I was okay with the compensation they gave us. Housekeeping could be better, if you are checking in your room will be ready, however, if you are a guest staying there don’t plan on the room being ready before 4 pm. Once we got settled on day 2 of a 4 day trip things were great. Hotel is in a great location. The actual one bedroom ocean view suite is the way to go. Sitting on the balcony and having coffee while watching boats go by is a nice vacation. Even though I had problems with the room when checking in I would stay there again. Beach area is nice. They have 2 beach helpers with chairs that were very nice, you have bar service and live music….what more could you ask for! Location in Key West is perfect.

Room Tip: Book an ocean view suite
2 Thank Spring281
Thank you for your feedback and I do apologize for the room mishap. I am gald that we were able to make the remainder of your stay enjoyable and please call me when you book your next reservation. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights in November 2013 at the end of our honeymoon.
Beautiful hotel, with a private beach. The bar and beach staff are friendly and eager to help. Music played at lunchtime which was relaxing and welcomed.
Food was good, especially the fried shrimp.
Room was big and clean, a bit nosey with the doors slamming a lot but it's like most hotels.
Overall had a great stay and was a prefect ending to our trip

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hayley thank you for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa and I hope to see you soon. On your next visit please visit our spa as it is ranked #12 by Conde Naste and has some of the finest therapist in Key West. See you soon.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed at the Pier House May 18th-23rd. Had a wonderful time. Stayed in a dockside room #806. Awesome view of the water, sunsets, boats, and Sunset key. The glass balcony was great for an unobstructed view of the water. The location at the end of Duval was perfect. We walked everywhere since most places were close. The noise from Duval was low and could not be heard from inside the room. The employees were nice and always had a smile and a "hello" or "good morning". My only complaint would be that there was some noise from the hallway and when people would close their doors. Since there are only 6 dockside rooms, it really wasn't that much of an issue. Plus the view outweighed any noise. The private beach was a bit small but big enough to for quite a few people lay out at and get in the swimming area. I didn't go to the pool but it looked a little small.

Overall, a great place, would go back in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, get a dockside room. The view is great. A lot of activity on the water. And...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the good feedback and I am glad you enjoyed your time at the Pier House. I encourage all of our guest to visit our website as we have a great variety of rooms that can fit into your budget. Then you get to enjoy all of the amenities of the resort. I hope to see you soon.

Rgards,