The location is one of the best on the island. On Duval, a block away from the start of the action (Hogs Breath, Sloppy Joe's...) and about two blocks from the bight, which is the harbor area with many restaurants and bars that are all a good time with GREAT sea food and a somewhat quiter but still fun atmosphere. Alonzos and Half Shell are great for happy hours, Alonzos being a bit more formal, but still casual and Half Shell defiantly being casual only.
stayed in a Spa Suite, room 608. It was extremely spacious and very well appointed. It had three sets of French doors, one facing an ocean/harbor view with boats of all sizes, peacefully and quietly passing by. If you looking straight down, the view is not as pleasant as it was a service shed of some sort, but it did not affect my relaxing view of the sea. The other two French Doors opened overlooking a....well Key West view of a quite side street and a resort next door, with plenty of tropical plantings to still give you that island feel. Some of the other spa suites could not have had the same views I was fortunate enough to have as room 608 is ocean facing end unit.
I did not have much interaction with the staff, but when I did they were very friendly. The beach and pool areas are well appointed and attended by very a attentative staff supplying lounge chairs and towels on the beach, and cold drinks with a smile at the pool. I do wish they had a musician playing/singing with an acoustic guitar instead of piano at the beach/pool bar, it just seemed odd for beach music in the day time, at sunset or night time Ok, just odd in morning and afternoon.
Check in was a breeze, with a courtesy phone call shortly after check-in in my room to ensure satisfaction.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perhaps nothing is more "Key West" than the Pier House Resort and Spa -it's like no other. Elegant accommodations, lush gardens, a private beach, a selection of restaurants and bars, a full-service spa and a for real let-your-hair-down attitude all come together in a tropical escape that simply can't be duplicated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pier House Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pier House Hotel Key West
- Pier Hotel Key West
- Pier House Key West Florida
- Pier Key West
- Pier House Resort & Spa Key West, Florida