“Great location, friendly staff, worn facility”

Pier House Resort & Spa
Ranked #18 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Vero Beach, Florida
“Great location, friendly staff, worn facility”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed at the Pier House for four days (two rooms), one garden room and one oceanfront suite. Staff is very friendly and efficient and the location is superb. The hotel has been made over and on the surface is nice but the place is time worn. Our OF suite (201) needs some plumbing work as the toilet barely flushes and paying 600+ dollars for a room you would expect something more than a noisy floor mounted AC. We still enjoyed our stay regardless but can only give it a average rating as you can get some quaint accommodations in KW for a lot less.

Dave

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for staying at the Pier House. I do apologize for the service issue you encountered during your stay and my engineer team has corrected the problem. I am glad that you enjoyed the location and service and I hope to see you soon at the Pier House.

Joe Dantoni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (665)
  • Hungarian first
East Islip, New York
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was our second stay at the Pier House, first time was in June 2012. We had such a great time in 2012 that we couldn't wait to return and finally made it back in May of 2014. Had a minor screw up with the room , but the front desk staff resolved it quickly and to our liking....everyone went out of their way to insure we had a great time, front desk, bell hops, waitresses, bar maids were all awesome. We have stayed in many different place in Key West. The Pier House is by far the best value for your money.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for your business and I am glad that you have made the Pier House your hotel of choice in Key West. On your next trip, don't forget to visit our website for the best available rate or call our in house reservation team with any questions.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Just returned home from one night at the Pier House. The location is perfect. It is convenient to all you want to walk to in Key West. The grounds are beautiful, peaceful and very nicely maintained. We enjoyed the pool, the beach, and the bar and have no complaints about the amenities.
Our disappointment was with our room. We were placed In a corner room on the ground floor. The only natural light in our room was from a single sliding door to a patio area that we shared we our neighboring room. We could see right into their room from our shared patio.
Because there was no other window of any kind the room was very dark. The patio he most was covered and shaded by a lot of trees so any natural light during the day was almost nonexistent. This gave the room a heavy, dark feel.
Other than that the room was well appointed. The bathroom was nice and the bed was comfortable. The ac was quite loud but I am used to waking up numerous times throughout the night so maybe I was just hyper aware of it. My husband and I were very disappointed with the room but decided to just spend as little time as possible in it and make the most of getting to know key west.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa. I am glad that you enjoyed the location and grounds. The room that you booked is a Traditional room and we do have a few rooms that share balconies... a lot of families prefer them. In the future, please visit our website as we have a variety of room types that will meet your needs and you will always find the best available daily rate there. I hope to see you soon and please call our in house reservation team if you have any questions.

Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We have stayed at The Pier House twice in the past couple of years and both times were very enjoyable. The location is perfect for walking to bars and the rooms are nice. The beach area is small but clean and the sand is soft. We spent most of our time at the pool which could have used some updates but there is wait staff taking orders. Overall I would recommend this hotel to any key west traveller.

Room Tip: Corner side dock side suite! Best view in Key West!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Kristi thank you for your loyalty and for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa. I am glad that you have enjoyed your visits and I look forward to meeting you on your next trip to Key West.

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Just returned after five days at The Pier House. I was there with my 16 year-old niece and we loved our stay! You can be adventurous (the hotel is right on Duval and two blocks from Mallory Square) or lazy (the beach and pool staff are so awesome (WE LOVE YOU, DIMA!). Our beachfront room was lovely and clean. On the days that we were in and out, making it hard for housekeeping to service the room, they brought us clean towels and whatever else we needed later that night. The sunsets were gorgeous right from our balcony. My only regret of the entire week is that I freaked out and yelled at a manatee when it swam up to me in the shallow water of the beach. Lame to yell at a manatee. Thanks, Pier House staff for making our first trip to the Keys awesome!

Room Tip: Room 202 is lovely. You can pretend that the palm tree right outside the glass is just for you.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Amy thank you for your nice comments and I will share them with the team. At first,the manatees can be very intimidating but are so docile they would never hurt anyone. They have a tendency to swim into our beach area to visit with our guest. I am glad you enjoyed your time and took advantage of all of our amenities. I look forward to seeing you soon at the Pier House.

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

The location is one of the best on the island. On Duval, a block away from the start of the action (Hogs Breath, Sloppy Joe's...) and about two blocks from the bight, which is the harbor area with many restaurants and bars that are all a good time with GREAT sea food and a somewhat quiter but still fun atmosphere. Alonzos and Half Shell are great for happy hours, Alonzos being a bit more formal, but still casual and Half Shell defiantly being casual only.

stayed in a Spa Suite, room 608. It was extremely spacious and very well appointed. It had three sets of French doors, one facing an ocean/harbor view with boats of all sizes, peacefully and quietly passing by. If you looking straight down, the view is not as pleasant as it was a service shed of some sort, but it did not affect my relaxing view of the sea. The other two French Doors opened overlooking a....well Key West view of a quite side street and a resort next door, with plenty of tropical plantings to still give you that island feel. Some of the other spa suites could not have had the same views I was fortunate enough to have as room 608 is ocean facing end unit.

I did not have much interaction with the staff, but when I did they were very friendly. The beach and pool areas are well appointed and attended by very a attentative staff supplying lounge chairs and towels on the beach, and cold drinks with a smile at the pool. I do wish they had a musician playing/singing with an acoustic guitar instead of piano at the beach/pool bar, it just seemed odd for beach music in the day time, at sunset or night time Ok, just odd in morning and afternoon.

Check in was a breeze, with a courtesy phone call shortly after check-in in my room to ensure satisfaction.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. Many of our guest do enjoy music on the beack. We do try and mix it up as we do have many musicians who play the guitar as well. I look forward to seeing you soon.

california,usa
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Awesome resort, worth every $! You will not find cleaner & better beach on the island that belongs to guests! Location is perfect, close to Mallory Square is a must be between 7-9pm! Close to Duval action and at the same time quiet -you could hear dolphins play in the ocean and crickets! Front desk amazing, Anet thank you for welcoming us! Dimitry on the beach is awesome! Live music is a big bonus!! The beach room with sunset balcony was the cherry on the top!!! Would highly recommend and will be back :)

Room Tip: Ask for balcony and beach view- it makes huge difference
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying at the Pier House Resort and Spa and I am glad we meet your expectations. On your next vist, please visit our spa as we have the only full service spa in Key West with some of the best therapist on the island. See you soon.