“Awesome.......” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Boca Raton, Florida
“Awesome.......”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We are avid key west fans only being a 3 1/2 hour drive, gives us the benefit of frequent visits. We almost exclusively stayed at a very nearby resort, but after a short notice trip they were booked for one of the nights we wanted to stay, so decided to try the Pier House after seeing it for years but never staying there.
All I will say is, we found our new exclusive resort.
First off, all they had was a 1 bedroom garden view suite. HUGE is all I will say, 2 bathrooms, and gorgeous....
The beach is small, but perfect for the resort, as it is private for the resort only. And when you get too hot, go to the pool that is cooled and incredibly refreshing.
The bar area is big, and I will say has some of the best resort food I have had (try the lobster sliders, yummy...) and the breakfast was incredible, right on the water and watching the boats go by.
The staff is very friendly and very helpful. Locations is perfect right at the bottom of Duval right on the water. All I can say, is I look forward to my next trip!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Chris, I am glad that the Pier House is your new preferred hotel in Key West. Please call our In house reservations team so that can go over all of the different room types at the Pier House. We have a room type that meets all needs and budgets. I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.

Joe Dantoni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (654)
West Pittston,PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I booked a dockside suite 7 months in advanced. When my husband and I arrived, we were told there was a problem with our room and it was not available at the time. In order to compensate for this, they gave us the presidential suite for the night. In a word...AMAZING! The next 4 nights we were upgraded from a dockside suite to a luxury suite. Though this wasn't quite as grand as the presidential suite, it was still wonderful.
The location was perfect and the pool and private beach were great.
The hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful, especially Lee, the concierge. He took the time to sit with us and recommended some awesome excursions!
We would definitely recommend Pier House to anyone looking for a quality place to stay in Key West.

• Stayed July 2014
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Trish, I apologize we had an issue with you room the first night but I am glad the team was able to accommodate you with an upgrade to the presidential. I am glad the you have made the Pier House Resort and Spa your new home away from home. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Oakura
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed here for two nights with friends, Very nice upmarket hotel. has own little beach and bar and restaurant on the beach front. also a pool right beside the beach. had breakfast on the restaurant deck every morning, just beautiful. Great beds. Very quiet. Right on main street.
Great location. Handy to everything.
waterfront rooms have a great balcony over looking the ocean, with the most amazing sunset.
Back rooms have a wonderful old world ambiance,just like you would expect in the new Orleans french Quarter. Air con was very loud but soon got used to it. would stay again.

Room Tip: Both are great. depends if you want to sea the ocean or not. Our friends had the back room and it w...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank OakuraSue1
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey and I am glad that you enjoyed your time at the Pier House Resort and Spa. I look forward to seeing you soon and please visit our website as you will always find the best available daily rate offered there.

Coral Springs, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

I like the looks, the feel, touch,smell and location. It's "Old Town", the music, the rhythm of Duval St. Near the local hang outs. The furniture says tropical as does the landscape. We have great places to eat right on premises. It's a first class Spa. Build for couples and people, you can "Enjoy" solo.

Room Tip: Good neighbors
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank 387indy
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Thank you for the nice review on Trip Advisor and I am glad that you enjoyed your time at the Pier House. Many of our guest enjoy the daily live music on the beach and the great food in our restaurant. My team prides itself on customer service and the beach attendants will make sure that your lounge or beach chair is set up for you every day. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

My husband & I just returned from a 3 night stay at the Pier House and we loved the hotel! It is a great location if you like the busier north end of Duval. It's also a very short walk to the Harbor, which is great if you want to hop on a snorkel tour or a sunset cruise. We also liked the pool and the beach - it's very relaxing and the set-up & food/drink service are great! IT's also nice to have some grounds at the hotel - it has a nice, tropical feel.

One thing to note is that it's very open and the halls will echo, so you will hear pretty much everything in your room. The hotel isn't noisy as far as activity, but you'll hear the housekeeping carts, people if they are noisier, etc in the morning (or afternoon during a nap).

The staff was great, and I booked our room with the midweek mania rate directly from the site which was AWESOME! I wasn't able to reserve a King room for the type I selected (bc it wasn't available), but I did call and request one. They made a note & when we checked in we got the King bed. I was really appreciative!

I also called the desk late one night after spending a little too much time at Sloppy Joe's looking for a recommendation on where we could get a late, late night meal. The night desk clerk was able to recommend a pizza delivery service & we really appreciated that too!

All in all, we had a great experience & would definitely recommend the hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor survey and I am glad that you enjoyed your time at the Pier House. I am happy to hear that you took advantage of one of our mid-week specials from our website. On your next visit, take the time to try one of our many treatments offered at our Spa. It is the only full service spa on the island.

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

It was our 1st time to KW. We stayed 5 days at the pier house. We had a corner room on the water. The room wasn't anything special. The pool was nice due to the really good drinks served there. The beach is ehh kinda gross with the seaweed washing up. The location is great at 0 Duval st. You are close enough to enjoy the crazy night life and still just walk back to your room. Would more than likely stay on sunset key next time.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank markriley79
Thank you for staying at the Pier House and I am glad you enjoyed your time. I am surprised to hear about the seaweed as it is cleaned from the beach daily by the beach crew if needed. In the evening if the winds are strong there will be a build up in the morning but it is cleaned early by the staff before the guest arrived. I hope to see you soon.

Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

When my husband asked how I wanted to celebrate my 65th birthday my response was to invite 3 of my favorite people to join me for celebration at the Pier House, 1 Duval St. in Key West. Months in advance we booked a harbor room with a large balcony-perfect for watching the glorious sunsets-for us and a lovely garden room for our travel companions.

Greeted in royal fashion by our favorite bellman, Oleg, we began to experience 4 days of fun in the Key West style.

As soon as we checked into our suite a bottle of chilled champagne and chocolate covered strawberries were delivered for the birthday girl. What a great start to our adventure.

We had made prior reservations for dinner at Latitudes through the Pier House concierge, Lee. He did an outstanding job of making arrangements for us during our stay. Also, kudos to Jay, a part time concierge, who helped arrange for a lovely arrangement of flowers to be delivered to our room prior to our arrival.

Be sure to enjoy breakfast and any meal at the restaurant on site. The food and service is excellent. During the day enjoy the Pier House beach. The water is inviting and the service is impeccable. My husband especially enjoyed lovely blonde Linda bringing him frozen libations!

We are world travelers and put the Pier House staff, management and all employees as "peerless!"

Room Tip: Rooms on the harbor worth the cost
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank adele b
Adele thank you for the nice comments and will sure to pass them onto the team. Thank you for making the Pier House your preferred hotel in Key West and we all look forward to seeing you soon. Happy Birthday from the Pier House!

Joe