“The ONLY place we will EVER stay in Key West!”

Pier House Resort & Spa
Ranked #18 of 51 Hotels in Key West
West Palm Beach, FL
“The ONLY place we will EVER stay in Key West!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We have been coming to the Pier House for several years, and would never stay anywhere else. The casual elegance, amazing spa and suites/rooms, friendly and accommodating staff, and waterfront restaurant and bar are so inviting. The hotel is literally located right down the street from Mallory Square (sunset gathering place), is on the water & close to marina (watersports). The location is ideal...park your car and walk to everything! It's all right there! We always feel like VIP guests every time! It is truly home away from home!

• Stayed June 2014
Joe D, General Manager at Pier House Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Kurtam thank you for your survey and I am glad that the Pier House is your new home away from home. I hope you enjoy some if the new enhancements to the property and I look forward to seeing you soon.

Joe Dantoni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (665)
  • Hungarian first
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This Hotel is located at the foot of Duval St, couldn't ask for a better location. The staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. The property is gorgeous, tropical and has it's own small beach, which was clean. The room was great although ours didn't have any kind of view. They do offer rooms right on the water with the same view you'd get from Mallory Square at sunset.. The restaurant/bar outside was great, as was the little Chart Room Bar, which exudes some local history. Everyone was friendly, some a bit over friendly..lol...Parking was a breeze right on property. Shopping, restaurants, museum just steps away. I visit Key West a lot, have stayed just about everywhere and this Hotel will get my business from now on.

Room Tip: Our room was lovely, but without a view. Still, very comfortable, good amenities, nice towels..I wou...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Chuck thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey and I am happy that you have made the Pier House Resort and Spa your preferred hotel in Key West. I can see that you took advantage of its many great amenities. Call our in house reservations team at the property and they will make sure that you get the best price with the perfect room for you. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Westfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed 6 days for my fathers wedding with my sisters and staff was wonderful. Our shower was amazing and beds and pillows Devine! Merri at the beach bar was amazing and made our stay more than we could hope for! Only downside was beach bar closing somearly so we had to move to charter where Victor was not so nice. Other than that can,t wait to go back great job and your banquet crew alo was amazingly cheerful and accommodating love this place! Jacob the cabana boy also very sweet!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing such a great occasion with us and I am glad that you enjoyed all of the amenities at the Pier House. Our sunset terrace is becoming a very popular wedding site and I am happy the team met your expectations. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here with another couple and we found the resort to be really nice. Our first night was not the best as we were given room #180 which we found shared a patio with two other rooms of people we didn't know. We were there on a couples vacation and didn't really like that we needed to worry if someone might be standing outside our glass sliding door. So, we had to keep the curtain across the whole time. But, I went to the desk right after checking in and expressed my dismay with the room. The front desk staff was extremely accommodating in getting us moved up to 280 the next day and for the remainder of our trip. Much nicer room and definitely more private. The resort has a nice pool area, beach, and bar/restaurant along the water that were all great. The location cant be beat either since you are at #1 Duval Street! The place was clearly recently renovated as the lobby area and other common areas are very modern. The staff was all really friendly and eager to assist you with any and all needs. The only thing that I didn't find to be that great. The small bar that is inside the main building is very small and reeks of smoke. I am not a smoker, so it was a bit overwhelming in there. But, that is a small knock for an overall really nice resort.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a private balcony or patio so you don't end up sharing with someone you don...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael I am glad that we were able to accommodate your request during your time at the Pier House. For future reservations, please call our in house reservations team to assist you with booking the proper room for you. They will make sure that you have the best rate. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We are avid key west fans only being a 3 1/2 hour drive, gives us the benefit of frequent visits. We almost exclusively stayed at a very nearby resort, but after a short notice trip they were booked for one of the nights we wanted to stay, so decided to try the Pier House after seeing it for years but never staying there.
All I will say is, we found our new exclusive resort.
First off, all they had was a 1 bedroom garden view suite. HUGE is all I will say, 2 bathrooms, and gorgeous....
The beach is small, but perfect for the resort, as it is private for the resort only. And when you get too hot, go to the pool that is cooled and incredibly refreshing.
The bar area is big, and I will say has some of the best resort food I have had (try the lobster sliders, yummy...) and the breakfast was incredible, right on the water and watching the boats go by.
The staff is very friendly and very helpful. Locations is perfect right at the bottom of Duval right on the water. All I can say, is I look forward to my next trip!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Chris, I am glad that the Pier House is your new preferred hotel in Key West. Please call our In house reservations team so that can go over all of the different room types at the Pier House. We have a room type that meets all needs and budgets. I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.

West Pittston,PA
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I booked a dockside suite 7 months in advanced. When my husband and I arrived, we were told there was a problem with our room and it was not available at the time. In order to compensate for this, they gave us the presidential suite for the night. In a word...AMAZING! The next 4 nights we were upgraded from a dockside suite to a luxury suite. Though this wasn't quite as grand as the presidential suite, it was still wonderful.
The location was perfect and the pool and private beach were great.
The hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful, especially Lee, the concierge. He took the time to sit with us and recommended some awesome excursions!
We would definitely recommend Pier House to anyone looking for a quality place to stay in Key West.

• Stayed July 2014
Trish, I apologize we had an issue with you room the first night but I am glad the team was able to accommodate you with an upgrade to the presidential. I am glad the you have made the Pier House Resort and Spa your new home away from home. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Oakura
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed here for two nights with friends, Very nice upmarket hotel. has own little beach and bar and restaurant on the beach front. also a pool right beside the beach. had breakfast on the restaurant deck every morning, just beautiful. Great beds. Very quiet. Right on main street.
Great location. Handy to everything.
waterfront rooms have a great balcony over looking the ocean, with the most amazing sunset.
Back rooms have a wonderful old world ambiance,just like you would expect in the new Orleans french Quarter. Air con was very loud but soon got used to it. would stay again.

Room Tip: Both are great. depends if you want to sea the ocean or not. Our friends had the back room and it w...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank OakuraSue1
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey and I am glad that you enjoyed your time at the Pier House Resort and Spa. I look forward to seeing you soon and please visit our website as you will always find the best available daily rate offered there.