“Pier House Resort is Awesome!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pier House Resort & Spa

Pier House Resort & Spa
Ranked #15 of 51 Hotels in Key West
maryland
“Pier House Resort is Awesome!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2007

Stayed at the Pier House Resort and Spa 9/13-9/17 for a girls spa weekend. Hotel is beautiful. Everything about our stay was incredible. The hotel employees were very nice. The beach and swim area was clean. The food at the Pool Bar and Grille was excellent. Had the opportunity to have a massage. It was the best ever! The bed was the most comfortable I've ever slept in. The only downside was the very small bathroom. I had read about this from other reviews, however do not let it sway you from staying there. Can't wait to go back!!!

Stayed September 2007
4 Thank donna1128

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (655)
Dallas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2007

I looked and looked at reviews to find a place with a beach and that was within walking distance of Duval St., Mallory Square, and restaurants....plus stay within my price range.
The Pier House seemed to fit all my qualifcations. My husband and I found the room very nice and the staff very friendly.
The beach is small...but it's a beach!
We ordered Room Service for Breakfast and the service was prompt and the food delicious and we enjoyed lunches and having drinks at Pool/Beach Bar.
We will definately stay there again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Can't think of a thing
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank DeeZDallas
CT
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2007

Great view looking out, but not looking in. Pier House has a great reputation, but they are living on a dream with the conditions of their rooms. Our $425 room had a great view of the bay. However, the conditions inside reminded me of a $75 room. Paint was chipping, carpet stained, bathroom not cleaned well, etc. Noise from adjoining room, through connecting door was extremely loud--even with the visiting couple just talking in normal tones. Would not visit again unless the price was less than half of the current price.

• Liked — View
  • Disliked — Wear and tear of room
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank CCChef
St Petersburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2007

We were extremely happy of our choice of hotels as this was our first trip to Key West. We were not satisfied with the location of our first room and were transferred to another room immediately. We had a problem with the air conditioning unit and within 20 minutes the complete unit was swapped out , not once, but twice until both the staff and I were satisfied. We are going to stay again in October 2007and will remain within the the resort and enjoy all that it has to offer. Great pool, hot tub 24/7, with discreet 24 hour security, great sundeck to watch the sunset, good staff, beautiful grounds, beach, topless beach, 3 bars, and 2 eaterys. Competively priced and the nicest place we have ever been. We cannot normally afford this type of resort, but the pleasure and relaxation that we enjoy makes up for the price.

• Liked — Location and View
  • Disliked — Beach concieage
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
3 Thank cactusthorn
boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2007

We came here for an eight day and seven night stay. It was our first trip to Key West. The hotel staff was warm and courteous when we arrived and our room was even ready! It was about 12:30 pm. The room was clean and pretty and we had a lovely view of the pool and beach area. My husband loved being able to use the gym in the morning. I went to the spa and indulged in several wonderful massages. The people at the spa were very welcoming and made me feel great each day that I went. All of the massage experts were great but I really loved Mimi because she had a very calming spirit about her and she was incredibly warm. She gave me the hot stone massage and the coma massage. I and my husband also enjoyed a massage by Michael who was also very good. The last day Michelle gave me a deep tissue that was the deepest I ever felt. My shoulders ached from it but it was a good ache. The Spa was my favorite part of the resort.
The pool was clean every time we went swimming and there were waitresses taking drink orders by the pool. The bartenders were all women which I really liked because I felt comfortable going there and ordering a drink if I wanted one. The concierge was nice and helpful in planning for my husband to have a fishing trip one of the days. He loved it and said it was perfect. I only ate once at the hotel, it was lunch at the beach. I had a papaya shrimp salad. It was very nice but there are so many delicious restaurants in Key West that I had to try them. The location of the hotel is better than fabulous. We rented a moped to get around and it was great fun. But if you do not you can walk to many places. Alonzo's restaurant down the street has a great happy hour between 4-6. It's half price drinks and the left side of the menu which has lots of raw bar selections and the best white clam chili and onion rings. We went every single day. They also make the tastiest Mojitos. On our last day the hotel gave us an extra hour to check out because our flight did not leave until 4:00pm. All in all it was a very restful and fun trip with lots of therapeutic help from the spa. It was a perfect trip. BTW... The housekeeping staff was great too! Our room was cleaned on time each day and it was always nice and fresh when we returned to it.

• Liked — location and spa
  • Disliked — when I had to go home
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank miaboston
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2007

I stayed at the Pier house with my wife in May 2007 after booking out of another hotel in Key West (As it wasn't that nice) and wasn't disappointed. The hotel was very good value compared to what we had been paying.

The first impression was that the room was nice. It was fairly basic but was pretty big and was clean. We also had a nice patio area with chairs which was tucked away and was a sun trap.

The private hotel beach was excellent and although small wasn't busy while we were there and was nicer than the main public beach on the south of the island. It beat lying around a pool aswell. The bar/restaurant by the beach was good and the staff were attentive in taking drinks orders and providing beach loungers, tables and chairs. Although we didn't use the pool it looked good and had plenty of loungers around it aswell

The location was excellent; right at the end of Duval street and at the lively end of the street at that. There are loads of restaurants and bars around the hotel. Also, Mallory park was only five mintues away where they have sunset festivals with street performers and drinks while watching the sun go down. This was well worth experiencing and wouldn't have known if someone hadn't mentioned it very close to the end of the holiday.

The hotel reception were helpful from booking trips/laundry and also questions about Key West generally.

This was a really nice friendly hotel and really made our holiday after checking out of the original hotel (Which is actually higher than the Pier house in the tripadvisor rankings). It had everthing we could possibly need but most of all the location was fantastic. We would definitely look to stay at this hotel again were we to go back which is very likely

• Liked — Excellent location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Stappers
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2007

My visit to the Pierhouse Resort was the week of June 4th, this was my 2nd time there. The room was spacious and extremely clean. The beds were very comfortable and provided an excellent nights sleep. The beach was free of seaweed or debris and the water was clear and beautiful. I chose the Pierhouse because of its location at the end of Duval Street and Mallory Square. It is walking distance to most everything. The staff at check in/out at the front desk was super nice and efficient. The only staff problem I experienced was 2 days out of our weeks stay the man who gives out beach towels, chairs etc.. was rude, unfriendly and not pleasant at all. He could have just simply smiled a bit and not made me feel I was bothering him from his shaded post. My overall experience was a terrific one and I would recommend this resort to anyone who cares about swimming and having a nice but small beach area. There was construction going on at the restaurant and the jack hammer was annoying one day but that didn't bother me too much. I am sure the improvement will outweigh the temporary nuisance of construction.

• Liked — the beach area
  • Disliked — topless beach not secluded from children
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple