“Been to KW 10 times & Marquesa is always our pick”
Review of Marquesa Hotel

Marquesa Hotel
Ranked #6 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed 12 January 2010

We LOVE this place! We found the Marquesa on our fourth trip to Key West and now it's the only place we stay when we go back. We eloped and married on the beach there several years ago, so KW has a very special place in our hearts. To us the Marquesa is quintessential Key West. The location is perfectly situated to all the bars, restaurants and activities you could want or need. Park the car once you arrive (for free) and never move it again until you leave. You're half a block from a great little grocery store and 2 short blocks from Duval. The restaurant on site is fantastic and the bar is very cozy. The service at the hotel is perfect - catering yet unobtrusive. Free wine at check in certainly helps you settle in too. Newspaper of choice is available every morning. The Chinese takeout across the street is among the best I've ever had. The pools at the hotel are incredible - private in a gorgeous setting with all the ice cold tea and water you can hold. The rooms are very finely appointed and the bathrooms fairly spacious with high end touches. Consistently awesome!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,058)

Reviewed 12 January 2010

I made reservations online but needed to cancel, which I also did online, 6 weeks before my scheduled stay. My cancellation was confirmed, I even received a cancellation confirmation number! Several weeks later I noticed that the Marquesa had not refunded by deposit, over $2200. I called the hotel and was informed that they were aware of my cancellation but would not refund my deposit. During that specific week (Fantasy Fest), they had a 60 day cancellation policy, rather than the usual 30 days. End of story: The Marquessa kept my entire deposit. Well, I never saw the 60 day cancellation fine print. More importantly, Marquesa Hotel did not contact me to verify my cancellation and make sure I knew that they intended to keep the deposit. Seems to me this would be standard business practice given the large deposit and amended cancellation policy. This may be a high-end boutique hotel but their business dealings are on the shady side. Sorry Marquesa, your greedy behavior may legal but it is most certainly dishonest. Buyer beware.

Stayed: October 2009
47  Thank travrog
Reviewed 7 December 2009

Marquesa is a quiet, clean hotel with two pools and is within walking distance of major KW attractions. We really enjoyed our stay and the staff was more than accommodating.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TenaciousA7
Reviewed 6 November 2009

My husband and I had a long weekend in Key West and picked the Marquesa based on reviews and awards it had won. We were not dissapointed! We were treated great by the staff, especially Richard. He was very helpful and answered all of our questions! The room we were in ( # 9) was large and very comfortable. It was located one block off of Duvall...perfect. There was some street noise in the morning with deliveries. The grounds are very lush and private even thought it is one block off of Duvall. There is also parking on site. I would stay here again!

Reviewed 3 November 2009

We picked this hotel based on the rave reviews and it was really not what we were looking for. We are a young couple that was looking for some fun in the sun. This hotel is very small and much more like a bed and breakfast. It reminded us of walking up the stairs of our parents house. While the staff is very kind and the rooms are no doubt clean and beautifully decorated...if you are looking to celebrate your first wedding anniversary with lots of outdoor activity and late nights, probably not the right fit. It's also very pricy, you can get a lot more for your money elsewhere.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LBLINY
Reviewed 20 October 2009

Every year we need a break before the New England winter settles in and always decide on Key West, but more specifically, the Marquesa Hotel. This is our seventh year staying at the Marquesa and each time it exceeds our expectations. We are always able to reserve the perfect Junior Suite overlooking the pool area - the reservations staff is so helpful in meeting our requests. The suites are very comfortable and well laid out and the balcony/patio area is the perfect place for breakfast or cocktails in the evening. Housekeeping service is exceptional - they even remember us from year to year! The entire staff is very helpful and welcoming. Special kudos to the "orchid lady" who grows such beautiful plants. Great location two blocks off Duval - quiet and peaceful but convenient to everything. The adjoining Cafe Marquesa has to be the best restaurant in Key West - wonderful food, changing menu (try the Small Plates), creative chef and again terrific staff.

2  Thank GeneralManager96
Reviewed 9 October 2009

The hotel is located in a perfect area of Key West. Shopping and restaurants are walking distance from the hotel. The hotel restaurant was fabulous and the staff at the hotel were very attentive and took time to tell you about Key West. The hotel was immaculate with turn down service every night. We will definitely come back again!