My girlfriend and I visited this hotel for a 3 night geta way in key West. After travelling all over Florida we had never been to the Keys so we figured we would check it out finally.
The hotel has just finished a big renovation and although I cant compare it to how it looked before it was very nice. The lobby is pleasant and very bright. The suites are large and contain a fridge, microwave, coffe maker and a very large comfy king size bed as well as "two" large lcd tvs !
Try to request a top floor as we heard some noise quite often coming from above us.
Also, some rooms have balconys which we should have pushed for but we didnt. Try to get one of those as they look really nice.
We had no problems with the staff although the front desk guy was a little strange and really didnt help us at all. The hotel shuttle is free and runs every hour until about 11 pm. It was great and the driver was really friendly. They drop you off in a central location in downtown key west. We had to cab it back everynight because we stayed too late and partyed !! A cab ride is approx. $12-15 so it wasnt a big deal.
The pool area is real nice and a shopping mall is only about a 10 min drive away so no problem getting what you need. Right across the street is a beautiful beach but, the water is not that great to swim in because it is very weedy. You are better off going to Taylor Park if you really want to swim in the ocean. They do have a restaurant which we never tried just because there are so many dining options in downtown you dont want to miss them.
Overall a excellent hotel. We would probably go back again but we might try something else downtown as it is always fun to try new places but I would not hesitate recommending this hotel to anyone. Oh ya of course, the free parking is nice too !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Key West and steps away from Smathers Beach, Sheraton Suites Key West is a beachside hotel that captures the true essence of tropical relaxation. Join in the nightly Sunset Celebration, lounge by the lagoon-style pool, or let us arrange for you to sample one of the many watersports available. After a day of friends, family or business, there is one more thing to savor: the warm island welcome of our Sheraton Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), HotelQuickly, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Suites Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Suites Key West Hotel Key West
- Sheraton Hotel Key West
- Sheraton Key West
- Key West Sheraton
- Sheraton Suites Key West Florida