“'KEY WEST' WHAT CAN I SAY”

Ocean Key Resort & Spa
Ranked #12 of 51 Hotels in Key West
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 June 2011

Great hotel for location, could do with a full length mirror and more drawers in the room.
Outside space not that big but they have made the best of it.
Great staff.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Oceankeyresortandspa, Public Relations Manager at Ocean Key Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2011

Thank you so much for your feedback! We would love for you to stay with us again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,652)

Reviewed 4 June 2011

We went to Ocean Key to celebrate our 25th anniversary, we had been to Key West Several times before and we always wanted to stay on this property. It exceeded our expectations. We had booked an oceanview room and were upgraded to oceanfront upon arrival..It was prime real estate! The view was spectacular. We were greeted with champagne and strawberries! The staff, all of them were amazing. Sean, Oxana, the staff at poolside were awesome, Jenn, April. They ran around in the blazing sun keeping our drinks, and food coming. They also had iced towels for us. They arranged all our excursions. I highly recommend the jet ski tour.. it was so much fun. My husband did the bi-plane ride, and we rented bicycles and rode everywhere. The Hot Tin Roof was great for a reasonable breakfast with breathtaking views.
I know I did not mention everyone, but everyone was nice, the room was clean and the a/c was perfect.. We highly recommend "Michaels" for a nice dinner and "better than sex" for an interesting dessert place. I recommend the 5th floor for the best views. The bands play all day, but stop around 10:00.. Had a great massage in their spa, very relaxing after a long flight. My husband went fishing and we took the fish to "the conch Replublic" and they prepared our meal with the fish he caught.. what a nice treat.
Thanks again.. God willing ,we will return.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Athomas_oceankey, Public Relations Manager at Ocean Key Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2011

It sounds like you and your husband were able to truly experience all that Key West has to offer! We are very appreciative of your kind words and would welcome you both back any time. As always we appreciate you taking the time to write such a complementary review!

Reviewed 31 May 2011

Ocean Key Resort is a wonderful place that is not the cookie cutter 5 star resort like the big box names...Ocean key is a smaller 5 star private & and very clean resort.
The location is great and has control on noise levels.
Ocean Key's resturant the Hot Tin Roof, great location and the food is excellent........

Cathy & Mark - Colorado

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Athomas_oceankey, Public Relations Manager at Ocean Key Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2011

Thank you so much for your review! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. It is lovely that you pointed out that we are not a cookie cutter resort. Ocean Key does its best to add a flair of personality to everything we do! Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed 30 May 2011

Although the price was a little higher than we typically pay, the hotel was extremely clean, the service was excellent & the location was perfect! We were able to walk nearly everywhere we wanted to go, without renting a scooter or anything. The pool was great, along with great poolside service including drinks! When we go back to Key West we will definitely stay at this resort again. The bed was very comfortable, despite a few reviews I read to the contrary. The air conditioning in the room did not keep up with the setting, but I'm sure this was due to the heat outside being somewhere in the 90's. I would highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: I would request a room on level five (top floor)
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay...especially your 'Room Tip.' Thank you for your review and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2011

Exceeded my expectations as far as the room! The staff was the friendliest staff I have ever encountered!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our staff! Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed 22 May 2011

Just got back from a 3 day stay at the Ocean Key Resort and had another great time. The staff is unbelievable. I don't believe there was one time when I walked by a staff member and they didn't ask about my day. The rooms are great and the views are unbelievable. The location of the resort is perfect for anybody who wants to be around nightlife and Mallory Square

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends

Wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay. As always, we appreciate your feedback and review of Ocean Key Resort & Spa. Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed 17 May 2011

I spent a lot of time reading reviews on where to stay in Key West. I usually disregard the worst review and the greatest on any research. I figure it has to be somewhere in between. That being said, Ocean Key was a disappointment. It is much more dated than it looks on the web. Exterior and interior both. The bed has to be the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept on. It is horrible. The only reason I did not check out and go
somewhere else was I prepaid through a travel agent and figured the hassle would have been horrific.

I never write reviews but the bed was so uncomfortable I thought I would put on web for someone else trying to decide where to stay. I spent almost $5000.00 for 3 couples on work function and truly regret choice.

It does have the best pool of all the hotels but seriously

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Bevans1462
Athomas_oceankey, Public Relations Manager at Ocean Key Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2011

We appreciate your comments and are very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Ocean Key Resort & Spa takes its guests concerns seriously and we are looking into addressing this issue with our management team.