My wife and I got married 10 years ago in Key West and stayed at a different property. We decided to return to Key West for our 10th anniversary and we booked the Banyan through a time share exchange. When I booked the Banyan we were a little hesitant because of the reviews. We did not have much of a choice though since it was a time share exchange.
When I first walked in the Banyan the staff at the front desk was very polite. They explained the property to me and answered all of my questions.
I walked through the property and I was amazed at the Banyan tree. The landscaping was wonderful and the property seemed very peaceful. As I walked past the pool area to get to my room my first thought was there was not much to the pools but that was ok for me and my wife since we just like to relax during the day hours. As I walked past the Tiki Bar everyone said hi including the renters / owners. The Tiki Bar owner Dave seemed very nice.
I went to our room and the room was very clean and spacious. It was nicely decorated. Through out the week Dave (Tiki Bar Owner) recommended several restaurants to us and all of his recommendations lived up to his hype.
During the day time my wife and would normally lounge around the pool and enjoy some adult drinks. I found the pool to always be clean. The pool is not the biggest in Key West nor is it the most exotic pool in Key West, but I will say its one of the most private pools in Key West. With in an hour we met several people at the pool and enjoyed some great evenings with them.
If you are looking for a private area and an opportunity to meet new people while in Key West, I would highly recommend the Banyan.
If you are looking for a party hotel, with people getting drunk and loud then I would not recommend this property. In my opinion when you are in Key West you party at night and relax during the day. If you share my opinion than visit the Banyan you won’t be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in a timeless world of beauty and luxury at the first Florida Green Lodging Designated Resort in Key West. Just steps away from the world-famous Duval Street & all that Key West has to offer, including shops, restaurants, & galleries. Spend your day by one of our heated spring-fed pools, sipping drinks at our Tiki Bar, or wandering through the tropical flora in our exquisite gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your The Banyan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Banyan Hotel Key West
- The Banyan Resort Key West, Florida