Had a great stay at The Banyan Resort in Key West. The tropical vegitation is just beautiful, and has regrown since the Hurricane 2 years ago. When you lay by the pool. you hear the water fountaining into the koi pond, and see tall fan palms among the variety of plants. A large fragipani tree is near the Tiki hut/ bar area. The namesake Banyan trees are spectacular. The Tiki hut had breakfast and lunch suggestions and a basic bar service that included frozen drinks. Prices were reasonable. The cook/server and the other guests were friendly and included newcomers in the discussion.
Our one bedroom apt was very roomy. The bedroom was nice with enough hanging and drawer space. The large mirror over the bed helped the room look expansive, and there was a TV for late night viewing. With the ceiling fan, we were kept cool without having to turn the temperature down too much (green savings there).
The living area was also spacious. The sofa bed was new, very comfortable, with a tropical print fabric. New pots and pans were nice to have, all the appliances worked. I particularly like having a large refrigerator to store drinks and fresh snacks. Coffee was available in the mornings by the Tiki hut, and we had a coffee maker available in the room if we wanted coffee at other times.
We had our own porch with chairs and a table. It was covered by the 2nd story so we had a cozy place to rest and relax when it did rain.
The front desk was very helpful. They worked with us to book a special sailing not found in the usual tourist brochures. They helped us with other suggestions and general knowledge. The staff was friendly. I used the washer/dryer availble, very reasonably priced.
Duval Street, with all its bars, restuarants, and shops was just one block away - a great location, out of the crowds and close to the action. A short walk took you to the sunset pier for those festivities.
All in all, a great spot, its own vacation destination within Key West.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in a timeless world of beauty and luxury at the first Florida Green Lodging Designated Resort in Key West. Just steps away from the world-famous Duval Street & all that Key West has to offer, including shops, restaurants, & galleries. Spend your day by one of our heated spring-fed pools, sipping drinks at our Tiki Bar, or wandering through the tropical flora in our exquisite gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your The Banyan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Banyan Hotel Key West
- The Banyan Resort Key West, Florida