The location of Merlin Guesthouse is fantastic if staying near Duval is a priority. However I look for other things in a property and amenities is high on my priority list. I stayed in room 17 which was very quiet and away from Simonton, thankfully. However the room is not your typical cozy room in a bed and breakfast. I had a very comfortable King bed in a too large and sparsely furnished room. Upon entry into the first half of the suite there are two white leather club-style chairs, and a small side table with a smallish flat-screen television on a tile floor. The room seems too bare like this and not cozy. The bathroom is long and narrow with a counter and metal modern bowl-type sink off to the side to make room for toiletries of their guests. Again, the bathroom provides bare essentials, towels, a bar of soap, conditioner, shampoo and lotion but there is no soap holder, tissues, or small little things that guests appreciate such as make-up mirror, cotton balls, Q-tips etc. Even an extra bar of soap and lotion would be helpful. A previous poster mentioned the shower as something one might find at a KOA and I agree - the bare minimum. I don't know what the other rooms are like so I can't condemn the entire property based on one room, but I think with a little extra effort, this room could be a lot more appealing and cozy. Wifi only works in the garden area which is annoying as I would prefer access in my room while I work at night but others might not find this to be a problem. The breakfast was very basic but good and I did notice the staff was not quick to tear it down at 10AM. They also checked with guests before doing so. Lastly, staff tried to block off parking spots for their guests with cars, thus I ended up with a spot for both nights that was conveniently on the street right next to the property. I very much appreciated this. Overall I think Merlin Guesthouse is fine but it could be so much better. The property has charm and character and the location cannot be beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic architecture with updated, modern rooms and amenities are what you will enjoy at our Merlin Guest House located in the Old Town area of Key West. Our stylish, boutique hotel has 20 guest rooms which are located just one block from Duval Street; you will be steps away from Key West’s best restaurants, nightlife, shopping, and attractions. Margaritaville, Sloppy Joe’s Bar, and Ernest Hemingway’s Home are all within easy reach. The nearest beach is just six blocks away. Take off walking in any direction and you will discover Key West’s hidden treasures. Historic architecture & modern rooms. Free continental breakfast. Free internet. Upscale eco-friendly bathroom amenities. Large pool. Boutique hotel. Walk to Duval Street and the waterfront. Located in the heart of Old Town, Key West. Charming and romantic, where modern style & comfort meets relaxed Key West vibe at the Chelsea House Hotel. Self parking onsite for 10 USD/day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Booking.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Merlin Guest House Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merlin Guesthouse Hotel Key West
- Merlin Guest House Key West Florida