My 21 yr old daughter and I spent 4 nights at this hotel in March 2012. We stayed in a pool view room on the 2nd level which also gave us a nice sideways view of the ocean.
We found the room to be spacious and very clean. The beds were very comfortable. It was so nice and quiet at night even with a group of college breakers nearby( they went into downtown to party I assume-but they were quiet coming back). Most of the spring breakers were NOT at this hotel (probably too expensive).
The complimentary breakfast was a plus and all you need to get going in the morning: good strong hot coffee, cereal or breads and fresh fruits. As many others have written, the pool area is very nice. The pool itself was very clean and heated. There are plenty of lounge chairs and pool towels. The tiki bar is also very nice and serve a nice lunch and the drinks are really great. (the rum punch was especially good). A main road runs between the hotel and the ocean (no beach) but is not an issue to cross at all. The ocean side has a nice big sidewalk which many people use to run and walk. You can walk in either direction for a mile or 2. I was aware of all the planes overhead but they were of little concern and did not bother me at all.
As others before me have noted. it is a short drive into the main downtown area although I was concerned about parking down there so we took the bus that stops at the hotel for $2 and drops you off right in town near Duval Street. We took a cab back to hotel later and was only about $15 with tip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the straits of Florida of the beautiful island of Key West, Fl. Our resort is only a short distance from the local beaches and just a few miles north of historic downtown. This resort offers non-smoking accommodations and many thoughful amenities. At the Best Western, Key Ambassador resort guest have a variety of views to choose from. There is a spacious outdoor heated swimming pool with 2 waterfalls next to our cheeckie hut that serves food and drink. The resort provides free Wi-Fi throughout the property, a deluxe continental breakfast, complimentary parking and 24 hour front desk services. During your stay you can easily visit many local attractions, unique shops and historic downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western Key Ambassador Resort Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Key Ambassador Hotel Key West
- Best Western Key West
- Key West Best Western
- Best Western Key Ambassador Resort Inn Key West, Florida